Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead

Posted Feb 2, '14 at 5:57pm

Fiends

Fiends

114 posts

http://nypost.com/20...-his-apartment/

Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose inside a Greenwich Village home on Sunday, cops said. Hoffmanâs body was found by a friend at 11:30 a.m. Sunday morning in an apartment at 35 Bethune St., sources said.Cops are at the scene and are investigating, sources said. Hoffman has admittedly struggled with drug addiction in the past, and reportedly checked himself into rehab last year for heroin abuse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-i3ECq-LO0

One of my favourite actors of all time, RIP.

Posted Feb 2, '14 at 6:22pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,419 posts

Knight

Here's a link to the article (the one above goes to something entirely different), and here's the Youtube link in clickable form.

I haven't actually seen many of Philip's films, but I've only heard good things about him as an actor, so I have a feeling I'll find myself watching more of his stuff in the near future.

Posted Feb 2, '14 at 7:07pm

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

Magnolia, Ernie.

Splendid. & Utterly rewatchable.

Posted Feb 2, '14 at 9:04pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,640 posts

Knight

What's with actors and drugs?
There are many ways to have fun, why always using stupid drugs?

Posted Feb 2, '14 at 9:25pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

cause hollywood stars have everything... now they want more and drugs is one such thing. they all say "dont use drugs" but they use it themselves.. just like me. anyway... great actor, played in great movies, but his bad side got the better of him... to bad.

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 1:51am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,757 posts

There are many ways to have fun, why always using stupid drugs?

Huge psychological thing..let me see if I can explain it well..

Basically, when these people perform (ranging from actors/actresses to musicians as well) they receive a "high". Their lifestyle (fame and fortune etc etc) gives them a "high" as well. Eventually, they become used to this high, but now their body is craving that high feeling again.

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 1:57am

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

440 posts

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 3:58am

IceClaw247

IceClaw247

869 posts

He was a tremendously talented actor that will be missed by all. What is sad about this is not only that it was a waste of a life but suicides by overdose of drugs is not uncommon in the film industry.

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 9:23pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

i dont think it was a suicide. he was clean for 15 year and just recently started using again. maybe he just toke a amount his body was able to stand 15 year ago. but now not anymore. (unless i missed some news of him being depressed and stuff lately.)

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 10:08pm

pft

pft

525 posts

As far as i know. He checked into to Rehab around a year ago. Not sure how long he stayed clean after that. I can only go by on assumptions here but i think it is one of two scenarios. Either from the use of drugs getting out of control and the comedown that some give. It was Heroin that was found in his apartment. The comedown effects of it is extreme and it an addiction you have to keep taking more or the withdrawal effects can actually kill you. From the comedown the depression from it can make it seem like and endless fight against addiction. The options that could of happened, is the depression was to much and all other cares go out the world so you just want to end it. Or that when he went to feed the addiction is body might of not been able to handle it. Depending on how high his tolerance was at the time.

Judging from the length of time would be on it. Say at least month to year. It would be difficult to notice that much of a change in someone. Most don't notice change in people until after a few year, when the condition is critical.

Reply to Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead

You must be logged in to post a reply!