ForumsSupport ForumHelp armor games against spammers.

34 6367
gamerzagreb
gamerzagreb
21 posts
Nomad

I flagged at least 15 people on last stand 2. Comments like fgkomngoaga , good game, 10, i have 21 or whatever is spam. If you see comments like this flag them.

• 34 Replies
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

@Drognar read all posts -.-

sometimes when i say good game i really mean it and i might add a little more but not much it's a review something quick to tell how the programmar was doing..
as for sdofsdogadng i plead ignorance

Why is everyone so firmly against spam? jeese looks like every little comment someone makes you all yell "OMG SPAM FLAG FLAG IT!!"
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

@Graham please make sure you don't just say something like that its quick and requires no effort, or even playing the game.

We are against spam because we don't want all the top members being like KOG(king of games),which about 90% of their AP is made up of poor quality comments.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

AP should be earned thats exactly why the forum game section was created, for people who just want to have fun.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

SPAM is a comment or something that is not long and really doesn't help anyone out. Graham, I think that you should read up on what SPAM is because you don't know what it is.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

@Graham, you could actually truly mean it when you say, "good game," but it is spam. Describe why the game is good. A developer can't possibly improve on a game if the comment is, "bad game," or "good game."

@Drognar, don't call out people just because he has alot of comments. He just likes to chat with his friends. Of course there is a better alternative like AIM, but if he wants to chat on AG, so be it.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Well not much people actually notice the rules and such, a million more come out. IF they were all deleted, erits would be given out so much more easily lol.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

@Drognar, don't call out people just because he has alot of comments. He just likes to chat with his friends. Of course there is a better alternative like AIM, but if he wants to chat on AG, so be it.

I understand that but the reason behind talking on AG is usaully because it gets AP, I didn't call him out either I used him as an example of what shouldn't happen. Maybe KOGs not the best example but I have seem much profile spam, all I'm saying that your AP should come contrustive and meaning posts aimed at helping people or a good lengthy, not because your obessed with spamming and wanna get on the leader boards.
ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

We really need people who can help out armor games against not just spammers,but people who cheat,because of certain people we just lost merit_recognition (As far as I know)

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

SPAM is a comment or something that is not long and really doesn't help anyone out. Graham, I think that you should read up on what SPAM is because you don't know what it is.

All of this deciding spam depends on opinion of what "helps people out"

I think saying good game and a little detail of what I liked/disliked is helping a programmer out.

I'm guessing Star thinks that typing 5 vague paragraphs on what he liked and disliked about a game is helping a programmar out.

So I guess I'm a short and to the point kindof guy

It can be long and still be spam
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

We really need people who can help out armor games against not just spammers,but people who cheat,because of certain people we just lost merit_recognition (As far as I know)

Unfortunately that person is technology that we just don't have. I'd love to see a hack guard so people can be given awards for winning, and have a sense of accomplishment knowing they beat the game fairly..
zocc1
zocc1
183 posts
Nomad

Wow guys your so obsessed with spam now days thats all you think about all your doing is trying to find it. First of all yes there is a 7 word rule (unless it's something thats being said like "Thanks for the help" that's not considered spam. But if you say something like "Great game!!!!" (lol and thats most likely been said like 1000times before you just said it) So thats not helping anything so therefor it's considered spam. Oh and also long reviews can be spam (but thats not very likely unless they copied and pasted it but thats another rule) And one last thing, most people who spam are just starters and didn't read the rules, so they don't know any better, but if you see a high ranked person spamming thats a problem.

kirkus333
kirkus333
118 posts
Nomad

I will help and i doo...whenever i see one i report...sometimes i will just search for them...

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

i always flag spammin comments.......and i will continue

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

The simplest thing to do is just flag it and go on...

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Well we don't have a great policy against spammers. My idea would be to filter out very short comments or make them have no points for them.

Showing 16-30 of 34