ForumsForum GamesThe Raid Team (RPG)

301 44420
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

1456. the king of england (historically inaccurate) is now Leo VII, and the english have learned of a system of underground dungeons that reward riches at a greater and greater rate. the only problem with these dungeons is in the name: they are dungeons.

The king sent a small task force into the 1st one that appeared; it was seemingly innocent and easily passable. however, it wasnt as easy as the 5 men had thought. they got eaten by gruesome monsters beyond description. the king knew vast riches were in these dungeons, so he called the common people out and told them that anyone willing to venture into the dungeon for the kingdom would get 50% of the plunder split between the members of the team. you are one of the people on this team who has volunteered your life for this dungeon crawling life. however, if your successful, it will be rewarded greatly.

Character Sheet:
Name: (other players on the team will call you this)
Raid Team: TBA (the name and members of your team)
Dungeons Completed: 0
Class: (below)
Current Condition: Perfect
HP: 100
Gold: 20
----------------------------------------------
Level: 1 (0/10 XP)
Skills: (determined by class)
Inventory: N/A (while adventuring you will find many of things)
Equipment: (the things you equip. starting equipment determined by class)

Please, remove everything in brackets.

Classes:

Pick 1. you cannot change this. these are basic classes, and will branch as you hit certain level targets.
Warrior:
Like using swords, maces and axes or spears? good. your a warrior. they swing those melee weapons with pride, usually accompanied by a shield. if you like tanking, (taking damage and distracting enemies), this is your class. Starting equipment: Bronze sword (1d6), Copper armor set (2AC)
Starting skills: Rage (+3 Damage for 3 turns)
Archer:
its fairly obvious what this is. bow and arrow, back row attackers that must seize the moment crucially. if you dont like tanking, or you arent brave, this is for you.
Starting equipment: Shortbow (1d6 factored) Leather armor set (1AC) Leather Quiver (10 max) 10 arrows
starting skills: tri-shot (3 multiplier)
Mage:
spells and witchcraft could sound good to some. if it does to you, pick this. your arsenal starts low but gets grander. if you pick this class, add a section to your character sheet labeled MP under equipment.
Starting equipment: Oaken Staff (2 + spell)
Sarting spells: Firebolt, (1d6, 1MP) Whisp (4, 2MP)
Healer:
if you take one for the team, this is for you. you heal, dealing very minimal damage if any. a good healer can make or break a team.
Starting equipment: Basic Wand of Healing (10h)
Starting spells: Heal (1d6 + wand)

its complicated, but damage works like this:
1d6 means i roll a 6 sided die and you deal damage equal to that roll, factored by the area you tried attacking. obviously, you can take someones arm off with a little luck. i will explain more later.

your team works together. in the beginning, your assigned to a team to stay there. your team is all in the same dungeon. there will be more then 1 team. dungeons will get harder as you go, and you will clear them. i will explain more about armor and things later as well.

Happy raiding! i will start with as little as 2 people. others will join your team as we go.

i wont be on again tonight, just to let you guys know if you join. thats why i rushed some of the explanations, but i will get to it.

• 301 Replies
Showing 451-450 of 301