ForumsForum GamesThe Raid Team (RPG)

301 44452
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

1456. the king of england (historically inaccurate) is now Leo VII, and the english have learned of a system of underground dungeons that reward riches at a greater and greater rate. the only problem with these dungeons is in the name: they are dungeons.

The king sent a small task force into the 1st one that appeared; it was seemingly innocent and easily passable. however, it wasnt as easy as the 5 men had thought. they got eaten by gruesome monsters beyond description. the king knew vast riches were in these dungeons, so he called the common people out and told them that anyone willing to venture into the dungeon for the kingdom would get 50% of the plunder split between the members of the team. you are one of the people on this team who has volunteered your life for this dungeon crawling life. however, if your successful, it will be rewarded greatly.

Character Sheet:
Name: (other players on the team will call you this)
Raid Team: TBA (the name and members of your team)
Dungeons Completed: 0
Class: (below)
Current Condition: Perfect
HP: 100
Gold: 20
----------------------------------------------
Level: 1 (0/10 XP)
Skills: (determined by class)
Inventory: N/A (while adventuring you will find many of things)
Equipment: (the things you equip. starting equipment determined by class)

Please, remove everything in brackets.

Classes:

Pick 1. you cannot change this. these are basic classes, and will branch as you hit certain level targets.
Warrior:
Like using swords, maces and axes or spears? good. your a warrior. they swing those melee weapons with pride, usually accompanied by a shield. if you like tanking, (taking damage and distracting enemies), this is your class. Starting equipment: Bronze sword (1d6), Copper armor set (2AC)
Starting skills: Rage (+3 Damage for 3 turns)
Archer:
its fairly obvious what this is. bow and arrow, back row attackers that must seize the moment crucially. if you dont like tanking, or you arent brave, this is for you.
Starting equipment: Shortbow (1d6 factored) Leather armor set (1AC) Leather Quiver (10 max) 10 arrows
starting skills: tri-shot (3 multiplier)
Mage:
spells and witchcraft could sound good to some. if it does to you, pick this. your arsenal starts low but gets grander. if you pick this class, add a section to your character sheet labeled MP under equipment.
Starting equipment: Oaken Staff (2 + spell)
Sarting spells: Firebolt, (1d6, 1MP) Whisp (4, 2MP)
Healer:
if you take one for the team, this is for you. you heal, dealing very minimal damage if any. a good healer can make or break a team.
Starting equipment: Basic Wand of Healing (10h)
Starting spells: Heal (1d6 + wand)

its complicated, but damage works like this:
1d6 means i roll a 6 sided die and you deal damage equal to that roll, factored by the area you tried attacking. obviously, you can take someones arm off with a little luck. i will explain more later.

your team works together. in the beginning, your assigned to a team to stay there. your team is all in the same dungeon. there will be more then 1 team. dungeons will get harder as you go, and you will clear them. i will explain more about armor and things later as well.

Happy raiding! i will start with as little as 2 people. others will join your team as we go.

i wont be on again tonight, just to let you guys know if you join. thats why i rushed some of the explanations, but i will get to it.

• 301 Replies
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Combat round 1:
Sean (100 HP):
Guards x4 ( 20 HP, 5AC, unbreakable morale):
Guard Captain (100 HP, 10AC, experienced):
VS
Unknown (?? HP):

the cloaked figure does nothing, idling his turn. you might as well attack, because you automatically win initiative.

the 4 guards ready. they have 20 HP each with an unbreakable morale ability, which is a passive ability that means they will not flee battle at low health and will continue fighting. they are average at combat and roll 1d6.

the captain, however, is much more powerful. he has experienced, meaning he has 3 turns in combat for every 1 you and the guards do. each of the rolls have separate initiatives. he has double the armor of the guards and rolls 1d10 with unbreakable morale.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Sean Deane
Raid Team: The Dark Angels: Sean (tank), David (mage), Shadow (Archer)
Dungeons Completed: 2
Class: Warrior
Gold: 5
Level: 1 (7/10 XP)
Skills: Rage (+3 Damage for 3 turns)
Inventory: iron greaves (2AC) 3 EN crystals, key
Equipment: Iron helmet, iron boots, iron gauntlets, iron cuirass (10AC), Bronze greaves (3AC), iron sword (1d10)

I lunge forward with my sword aiming to pierce his heart.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Combat round 1:
Sean (100 HP): 6
Guards x4 ( 20 HP, 20 HP, 10 HP, 10 HP 5AC, unbreakable morale): 5, 1, 1, 3
Guard Captain (80 HP, 10AC, experienced): 2, 3, 1
VS
Unknown (?? HP): 3

Sean lunges at the hooded figure. as his sword strikes for it's heart, the figure blocks with a staff. You dont believe the staff was their in the beginning of the fight...

The guard captain follows up with a slash that is also blocked.
"This man is skilled in combat, unlike what would normally be found in cave dwellers," he says. "Men, back me up."
with that, two of the soldiers and the captain charge at the figure. as they close in from 3 sides, the figure waves his hand. a purple ring of light surrounds him and discharges a blast, sending all 3 men flying. the other two soldiers then charge towards the figure, and both swing, but miss. the figure then fight them off with his staff.

to recap, 2 soldiers lost half of there HP from the blast and the captain took a hit. you managed to not get thrown back. round 2 initiatives above. you won it.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Combat round 2:
Sean (100 HP): 6
Guards x4 ( 20 HP, 20 HP, 10 HP, 10 HP 5AC, unbreakable morale): 5, 1, 1, 3
Guard Captain (80 HP, 10AC, experienced): 2, 3, 1
VS
Unknown (?? HP): 3

a typo in the round number.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I recover from my miss and then aim to disarm the figure by striking at his arm.

pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

Name: scourge slasher
Raid Team: The Dark Angels
Class: warrior
Gold: 0
Inventory:
Equipment: Copper set (starter), Copper sword (1d6

I lunge at the man from the shadows and slash at his neck

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Name: Zenil the 2nd
Raid Team: TBA
Dungeons Completed: 1
Class: Healer
Current Condition: none
Skills: Heal 1d6, Wisp 1d6
Inventory: 1 enchant crystal
Equipment: Basic wand of Healing 10h

I heal the solders.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Combat round 3:
Sean (100 HP): 3
Guards x4 ( 20 HP, 24 HP, 29 HP, 24 HP 5AC, unbreakable morale): 1, 1, 3, 2
Guard Captain (80 HP, 10AC, experienced): 5, 1, 5
Scourge (100 HP): 1
Zenil (100 HP): 3
VS
Unknown (?? HP, no right arm (wrapped)): 6

Sean strikes the figure's right arm successfully (+2 XP) and it falls off. however, the figure makes no gesture that he was hurt. its staff falls to the ground, and he simply leans over to pick it back up. however, a guard quickly throws a tomahawk at the staff and sends it flying away from the figure's reach. Suddenly, the 2nd guard and the captain rush towards the figure and lunge, but neither stab was successful because the figure teleports from in front of them to behind them. before the guards or the captain realize what happened, the figure grabs the one guard from behind and throws him into the other, sending them both into the ground. the captain then tries slashing horizontally at the figure, but it sidesteps into the slash thus avoiding it. the 2 unharmed guards both try coming up to the figure from behind to slash it but they both miss and the figure runs for his staff. the captain then charges towards the figure and smashes him into the ground, knocking the wind out of both of them. Zenil heals the soldiers for 14 health each. Scourge jumps out of nowhere no slam down onto the figure, but it rolls out of the way.

Round 3 initiatives are above. To start round 3, the figure rips part of his cloak off to wrap the shoulder that got the chop. (to stop the loss of blood).

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Scourge jumps out of nowhere no slam down onto the figure, but it rolls out of the way.

that "no" should say "to"

Level: 1 (9/10 XP)
Equipment: Iron helmet, iron boots, iron gauntlets, iron cuirass (10AC), Bronze greaves (3AC), iron sword (1d10)

and your updated CS.
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I run over to the staff and scoop it up, ensuring that the figure can't get it. I then run to the figure and feint upwards but slash across it's knees.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

I shoot a wisp at the figure.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i will give pokemon some more time.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

No problem.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Moving on.

The guard captain recovers quickly and stabs towards the figure, which lands in its leg. he then stabs again in its other leg.
"The powers i have will be the downfall of mucks like you," he says. "Sean, you take the killing blow."
Sean walks over to him.
"I could be very valuable in a team, sir...have decency...killing my could prove foolish" the figure says. combat ends, and it is now up to Sean as to what happens next. you will each get 2 XP for that although the captain ended it.

"Dam scum, finish this for what it is, brother," the captain remarks. he has no kindness in his heart.

Level: 1 (3/10 XP)

Level: 2 (1/15 XP)

from leveling up you have 3 possibilities. you pick 1 of the following skills:

Strength level 1:
Once per combat, you can gain incredible strength to power your attacks greatly and in hand to hand combat wreck. (strength takes effect for 1 turn and activates on 3 from 1d6).
Decapitating Blow:
Once per dungeon you can get an instant decapitation. (skill activates on 5, cannot be leveled up)
Rage level 2:
Becomes +4 damage for 3 turns, has guaranteed effectivness

THEN you ALSO pick one of these traits: (these are passive and last forever)
Heavy Equipment: allows you to equip heavy armor
Spellbinding: Spells have less effectiveness on you

Name: scourge slasher
Raid Team: The Dark Angels
Class: warrior
Level: 1 (2/10 XP)
Inventory:
Equipment: Copper set (starter), Copper sword (1d6

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Level: 2 (1/15 XP)
Skills: Rage level 2 (+4 Damage for 3 turns)

(And I'll take heavy equipment.)

'Tell me one thing, do you know of Kron or Loomis?' I he doesn't then I stab him through the throat. If he does I will pause.

Showing 256-270 of 301