ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Where on earth did my commenting system go?

19 15891
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

For some reason my comment box has disappeared! There is no alert of my being banned and I haven't posted anything offensive lately. I can go in and view my past comments, my messenger box has mysteriously vanished.

• 19 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=themastaplaya]I only have a default security system called Windows Defender. It doesn't do much though.[/quote]

Except for functioning as both your virus- and spyware scanner (in Windows 8; it's a spyware scanner under other Windows versions, users of which may want to replace it by Microsoft Security Essentials, instead, which again is both a virus- and spyware -- also known as adware, malware, etc. -- scanner.)

It will pretty much be on top of all commands and processes executed by your machine, i.e., just about anything it does.

While I'm not aware it should interfere with these things, virus (or spyware) scanners in general sometimes will need to be set to allow exceptions for given processes. So, test without it -- just turn it on again asap upon testing, as you really shouldn't be surfing the web without it.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

It seems like the problem is isolated to IE 10.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I fixed it! I've downloaded Mozilla Firefox and everything is working perfectly now! Yee Haa! I love it! Firefox is much better then EI. All good now.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

It seems like the problem is isolated to IE 10.

It certainly does, doesn't it. (Wasn't aware there was a #10, even :| )

I've described elsewhere how I think IE blocks cross-domain access by default, as such a good measure but they make if very hard (if not impossible) to adjust as will sometimes be needed (certainly when gaming and with various other modern bells and whistles, such as the one at hand), and anyway I've just a layman's hunch again it may be what causes issues here.
Showing 16-19 of 19