ForumsWEPRMale Circumcision

69 35172
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Before I begin, let's keep this away from the topic of female "circumcision", due to it being of a completely different nature.

Anyhow, I'd like to know the opinions of you all on male circumcision. Beneficial? Unnecessary?

Pro-circumcision

Pro-foreskin

• 69 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

But the appendix isn't vestigial.

Yes it is. It's lost most of it's original function, thus vestigial.

As for the foreskin there are arguments for and against whether it's vestigial or not. There are a number of functions it does preform such as protecting the penile glans from drying, contaminants and tactile damage also it provides immunology defense in several ways. Not to mention the less vital but perhaps to some more important significant amount of nerve ending in that part of the body.

"If we could prove that there weren't any cons to the removal of the structures mentioned, then you could make an argument to remove them early so that the people in question never have to risk getting those conditions..."

Right back at you.
twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

Well, there is no proof it is useful, and is probably harmful as you remove something obviously protecting.

It is permanent, therefor it is mutilation.

I consider it in the sense of law a bodily modification. As all of those from tattoo to self-amputation I say only grown-ups, and only when they give their autorisation from free, conscious will shall be allowed.

Under grown-up age I consider it child-abuse.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Unless....

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

There is no "unless".

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

There is no "unless".

Unless the infant needs it.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Unless the infant needs it.

We aren't talking about a situation where there is a clear problem already present.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Circumsicion, in a non-religious way, is for me necessary. It removes the foreskin and exposes the dirty smegma that you have under it(gross, by the way). It also makes a person more mature(just an opinion).

Proper and regular cleaning especially there is something you should do anyway, the foreskin is then not much of a hygiene case. Depending on how narrow it is or how sensitive your mucosa is, an individuum might choose to remove/keep it, but there's no general improvement to be had by removing it. And considering your last opinion, I don't understand it, but ok. It's certainly not a reason that makes such an operation necessary however.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Circumsicion, in a non-religious way, is for me necessary. It removes the foreskin and exposes the dirty smegma that you have under it(gross, by the way). It also makes a person more mature(just an opinion).

Perhaps you should also remove your fingernails so you can clean the dirt from underneath them?
The foreskin can be pulled back to expose that area for cleaning, no need to cut it off in order to clean under it.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Well, it makes a rather easier and permanent solution to that.

But you will be exposing it to a large amount of dust and clothing fibres it wouldn't be exposed to if the foreskin was removed. Also, chafing.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Well, it makes a rather easier and permanent solution to that.

So would removing your fingernails to clean under them. What's your point?
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I think it's a good idea to snip the tip. I've seen some pretty nasty/decaying/rotting/etc. foreskins in my day (don't ask). As a matter of personal preference, I think a circumcised member looks much better than one that hasn't been liberated.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I've seen some pretty nasty/decaying/rotting/etc. foreskins in my day (don't ask).

No I'm asking. I would like to know the story behind this as it's pertinent to your reasoning.
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Because it is about personal experience. Experience is usually much more reliable than textbook logic in, well, my experience!

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

masta, if you don't look at things objectively, you tend to inaccurately correlate things...

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Yeah, I guess I'm too down to earth at times.

Showing 46-60 of 69