ForumsWEPRMale Circumcision

69 35176
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Before I begin, let's keep this away from the topic of female "circumcision", due to it being of a completely different nature.

Anyhow, I'd like to know the opinions of you all on male circumcision. Beneficial? Unnecessary?

Pro-circumcision

Pro-foreskin

• 69 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Remember that objective thinking put an end to witch doctors and blood letting!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

In my experience the foreskin is not the problem, the person and their hygiene is. If you don't like cleaning it, it might be a good idea to remove it; but that doesn't mean it has to extend to everyone.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

The ideal thing to do would be get two large groups of people, randomly assign them to be either circumcised or not, and see which has the most benefit. (This would, of course, be highly unethical, especially if it was discovered that non-circumcised people were better off.)

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

And we all know religious ideas based on poop.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

That is highly offensive, and you can't prove it to be true.
Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

This guy............ You should just die in "hell" for what you said. how do you know that religious ideas are based on poop, huh? some jerk you are.
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

First of all, please keep your opinions to yourself. That is an opinion, not a fact. @twillight2 said that "we all know" that religion is based on poop. We all have different beliefs. Second of all, to everyone else,do not release your anger on this user. He/she wanted to express his/her opinion, so we should accept that. But what he/she shouldn't have done is to say something that could have possibly have angered another person. Free speech has a limit, you know.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

If someone came on here and said "Everyone knows God is real." that should be corrected and rightly called out for their bull. They shouldn't however be told to essentially shut up and keep it to themselves.

The statement "And we all know religious ideas based on poop." is just as erroneous as coming out and stating that "everyone knows God is real". Yes call them out on it, correct them on it. But they should be able to express that view so they can have it challenged and just because your offended by it shouldn't mean jack.

@twillight2
While I would agree that many religious ideas are just so much excrement not all of them are. However I would argue that those that aren't were either high jacked or otherwise don't need the religion. As far as everyone knowing this not everyone does. If you're paying attention to this thread I would like to hear why you think that so we can go over that point in more detail.

Showing 61-68 of 69