15 6088
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

This is Not an RPG. This is an RP.

http://i.imgur.com/WXbcMmW.jpg

Introduction

Perhaps youâve seen it. Maybe in a dream. A murky, forgotten land. A place where souls may mend your ailing mind. You will lose everything once branded. The symbol of the curse. An augur of darkness. Your past, your future - your very light. None will have meaning, and you wonât even care. By then youâll be something other than human. A thing that feeds on souls - a hollow.

Long ago, in a walled-off land far to the north, a great king built a great kingdom. I believe they called it Drangleic. Perhaps youâre familiar. No, how could you. But one day, youâll stand before its decrepit gate, whiteout really knowing why. Like a moth drawn to a flame, your wings will burn in anguish. Time after time. For that is your fate - the fate of the cursed.

You are of the Undead. Branded by the eponymous Curse, you have been run out of your home, wheresoever it once was, because of your decrepit condition. Slowly, but continually withering, you have been forsaken and cast out of the world you once knew. Hearing of the legends and stories of the lost kingdom of Drangleic, you have travelled to its dark gate and entered it in hopes of finding a cure for your curse.

The Character Sheet - Notice - to apply, ask me personally in my user page.

Applications posted in this thread without the player asking permission to join first (in my profile) will not be considered.

Name: (Your character's name).
Appearance: (Keep it brief. Include age).
Bio: (KEEP IT SHORT DAMMIT).
-
Souls: (Currency. Each time you die, your souls are dropped in the shape of a bloodstain, and you can recover the souls dropped at your last death by interacting with your bloodstain. Start at 0).
Armor: (The set of armour or clothes your character is currently wearing. Link to picture is preferable to description. Imported Set at the start).
Weapon: (Weapon your character is using. Start with your pick of Shortsword, Dagger, Club, or none).
Shield: (Shield your character is using. Start with Plank Shield).
Spells Attuned: (Which spells you currently are able to use and their remaining uses before having to rest at a bonfire or using a certain item).
Inventory: Lifegem[x5] (Important items you find in your travels can be found here).

Postscript

Because of AG's inability to let users edit their posts, my about in my user page shall serve as the editable "opening post," where more information relevant to this RP, such as the Character list, locations, et cetera, shall be continually updated.

• 15 Replies
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

All right, here I am with character sheet thing. I suppose I can re-use some of the STNB stats, so here's the first one.
=
Name: Mei
Image: Mask, black braided hair, tends to wear black. Brown eyes. Wears a key on a necklace. Age indeterminate, but between 17-24.
Bio: Orphaned. Doesn't trust easily. Good hand to hand fighter, but prefers to have weapons. STNB, remember?
Souls: 0
Armor: Whatever it is that is the neutral starter. This imported set thing.
Weapon: Dagger, as well as a few assorted pieces of glass. (Is that allowed? To have glass?)
Shield: Plank shield.
Inv: Lifegemx5
=
Once I can remember more about my lovely little insane child, I'll post Erdely's stats.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Appearance: Mask, black braided hair, tends to wear black. Brown eyes. Wears a key on a necklace. Age indeterminate, but between 17-24.
Bio: Orphaned. Doesn't trust easily. Good hand to hand fighter, but prefers to have weapons. STNB, remember? (Of course I do)
--
Armor: Imported Set
Weapon: Dagger (what do you want the glass for O.o?)
Spells Attuned: None
Inventory: Lifegem[x5]

Revised a bit.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

My three characters:

Name: Andrast
Appearance: Dark hair, brown eyes. About 25. Slim build.
Bio: Born to commoners, Andrast was forced to leave his home after being branded with the curse.
-
Weapon: Dagger
Shield: Plank Shield

Name: Rickert of Thorolund
Appearance: Dark hair, green eyes. About 28. Strong build.
Bio: Rickert was a hedge knight travelling the world when he found himself under the sign of the curse. Seeking a cure for it, he travelled by himself to Drangleic.
-
Weapon: Club

Name: Onosander of Astora
Appearance: Blond hair, saturated blue eyes. About 30. Average build.
Bio: Onosander embraced his being marked with the curse to travel to Drangleic in the pursuit of his very own sun.
-
Weapon: Shortsword

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Name: Aeter
Appearance: Brown, almost black hair that is combed back, blue-green eyes, About 23, Average Height, Athletic build
Bio: Son of a famed hunter, gaining experience with weapons and traps, he was cursed while accompanying on a hunting expedition that took his father's life. Hearing rumours of a cure, he made his way to Drangleic.
-
Spells Attuned: None.

Bah I might make more characters later when I'm less lazy.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

You can only have up to three, and even that's straining it :P

I guess we can just chat OOC-ly for a little.

Your first post should concentrate in the travels of your character from Things Betwixt, which is basically a dark and eery tunnel-maze, to Majula, which is a pretty and nice village with NPCs.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Name: Rickert of Thorolund
Appearance: Dark hair, green eyes. About 28. Strong build.
Bio: Rickert was a hedge knight travelling the world when he found himself under the sign of the curse. Seeking a cure for it, he travelled by himself to Drangleic.
-
Weapon: Club

The bright stone above Rickert brightly reflected the orange light emanating from his torch and scattered it about the cave. Longer than the eye could see, and at times breaking into multiple paths, the hedge knight was travelling through what appeared to be an endless maze. Sweat covered his forehead in bright spots which, along with blood, fell to the ground in heavy droplets.

But now there was a clearing ahead, and a light other than his shone brightly in a wooden cabin. Rickert gingerly walked forward and slowly opened the door. It revealed a warm entrance-room, in which several hags clad in red were sitting. Rickert stared long at each of them and rested his club in the ground.

"Which is the fastest way out? I'm on my way to Majula." he croaked in a deep, undead voice. One of the hags was sitting next to the fire, and she appeared to be chief among them. She laughed a short, ugly laugh, and rocked her chair a little. Rickert, our protagonist, watched with an unchanged face.

"Do you know what this place is called?" she asked without turning around to look at him. "It's called Things Betwixt. You see? It is a part of your journey-"

Before she could continue, Rickert walked outside on her. He had heard enough to know that these hags were going to be completely, utterly useless. As he stepped outside, he flung his old shield across his back again and held the club with one hand, the other held the torch. He crossed what appeared to be an old wooden bridge with careful steps, and properly bashed in the head of a hollow on the other side of the bridge.

Now ahead there was another tunnel, but there could be seen light ahead. He ran outside now, quickly, and was pleased to see before him a wide, open world. At the distance was Majula, the last homely village of Drangleic. Although now in ruins, the little place was still home to several different persons, but especially - a bonfire.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Name: Rick
Appearance: Very skinny, medium height with no hair.
Bio: A victim of anorexia nervosa, Rick is extremely susceptible to societal demands and will do just about anything others will tell him. He led a very average life until he started falling to weight problems and the issues going along with them.
-
Weapon: None

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Sal, I have the name Rickert which is very similar to Rick... would you mind changing it?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Didn't even notice, wow. Yeah, sure, just call me Stan.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Oh, your name has to be more formal.

How about Stanley? Stanford? Stahn?

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Name: Aeter
Appearance: Brown, almost black hair that is combed back, blue-green eyes, About 23, Average Height, Athletic build
Bio: Son of a famed hunter, gaining experience with weapons and traps, he was cursed while accompanying on a hunting expedition that took his father's life. Hearing rumours of a cure, he made his way to Drangleic.
-
Spells Attuned: None.
Inventory: Lifegem[x5], Human Effigy[x1]

The sight of the daunting yet graceful speleothems was now all too familiar to Aeter. Residing in the tunnel for who-knows-how-long would usually start to wear down on a person's mental state, but Aeter's patience and willpower made it out to be a simple annoyance. He held the torch high above his head, revealing the countless of stalactites but no sign of an exit. He sighed and sucked his teeth, when he faintly discerned a small light source. "Is that what I think it is?" He thought out loud. Heading towards that direction there was, indeed, an exit and a clearing.

A slow walk turned into a speedy pace, then a speedy pace turned into a slow jog, which transformed into a bolting sprint. A dense wall of moonlight and fresh, bitter wind hit Aeter's face, which was promptly met with a reply of a deep inhalation of the exuberant air that the murky, old cave couldn't have provided. Fresh grass and parsley crunched under his boots and small fireflies would come to illuminate the slightly battered and bloody face of the young man. He paused and closed his eyes. A deep silence. Then, gripping his sword tighter, he set his eyes on the small wooden cabin in the distance.

The door of the cabin creaked as he steadily pushed it open, revealing the small assemblage of beldams chortling and situated around a cozy, beguiling fireplace. They barely flinched at Aeter's arrival, seemingly even expectant of it.

"Well what do we have here?" One of the old hags began, "Someone who bears the fate of the cursed... an undead it seems..."
Another old woman scoffed and remarked, "You've come here to find a cure? Well, it's futile; they all become hollows sooner or later..." In unison, the old women cackled, giving the eery shadows forged by the fireplace in corners and crevices a unsettling malicious liveliness.
"Tell me, what is your name?" The first old woman says.
Though averse, the stalwart young man replied with a concise and gritty "Aeter."
The old woman snickered, a routine that started to agitate him, and responded, "Thank you for sharing. Here, I have something to give..." The old woman slowly took out a small statuette and handed it to Aeter. "This is a human effigy... Well, I'm sure you know what it is and its purpose..."And indeed, Aeter knew full well what it was. Quickly packing it away, he took his leave and hurriedly left the cabin, knowing that the women couldn't be of any more use.

Aeter crossed a rickety wooden bridge and kicked down a few old trees to use as a walkway across steep chasms, staining his dagger with the blood of a few hollows along the way before finding himself within an expansive cave system. A few of Aeter's traits included the fact that he always seemed to get lost in tunnels and caves like these, but after a while managed to find a tunnel that led him to a landmark; Majula. The setting sun coated the wide ocean in front of him with an orange aura, which was unusually complementing to the old ruins that lay before it. And, laying adjacent to those old ruins, was this peculiar bonfire that gave an ambiance of safety and resuscitation.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Stanford works for me!

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

So I remembered my other character, finally.
Name: Erdely
Image: Short reddish-orange hair, startlingly blue eyes. Incredibly thin, stronger than she appears. Absolutely insane, or very good at acting like it.
Bio: One day she woke up. From then on, she wanted to know why. Oh, and being cured would be nice as well.
Armor: Le imported set.
---
The tunnels were dark and dank, with cobwebs stretched across them. Each new junction gaped like toothless maws, waiting to make a meal of a new, unsuspecting victim. The moans of the hollow ones echoed back and forth, amplified by the acoustics of the area.
However, Erdely was not afraid. She rarely was, which was either a benefit or a fault. Instead, she looked at the ground and picked out the most well-trodden path. "Off we go," she whispered to herself, and smiled.
An indeterminable amount of time later, she found herself standing - crouching, really - in a small tunnel, compressed in by all sides by the pervading reek of decay. Water squelched under her feet, and to stave off the ghosts, she started humming tunelessly. Her voice bounced around her, drowning out the hollow bodies.
More time slipped past, and suddenly, Lo! there was light. A darker light than daytime, which meant she'd spent most of the day wandering around in the holes above hell, but now she was out, so it didn't matter, did it?
There was a village. Illuminated briefly with small fires that cast rampaging orange shapes over the hills. She laughed, squinted at the shapes, picking out the faces of different creatures that danced and swayed.
"Are you coming or not?" snapped a firelight lizard irritably. "We can't wait for you forever, Erdely."
She rolled her eyes. "Yes, mother, of course I'm going to be home for supper before curfew. I mean, who would eat the soup without me there to cater?"
Then the lizard was gone again, and she sighed, pushed her hair out of her face, and went on.
===
And now for character II.
Image: Mask, black braided hair, tends to wear black. Brown eyes. Wears a key on a necklace. Age indeterminate, but between 17-24. Kind of short.
Bio: Orphaned. Doesn't trust easily. Good hand to hand fighter, but prefers to have weapons. STNB.
Armor: Whatever it is that is the neutral starter. This imported set thing.
Weapon: Dagger, as well as a few assorted pieces of glass. (Is that allowed? To have glass?)
--
She'd been in the tunnel for years, it seemed, and she wouldn't get out. Every time, she took a new route, and always she ended up back in the same spot.
Mei growled, and then flinched as something brushed the back of her neck. She flung a hand around and swatted at it, feeling eight furry legs twitch and then stop, sticking juices leaking onto her palm. "God**** spiders," she muttered, and hacked at the cobwebs in front of her with her knife. "Getting into everything." She wiped her hand on a thatch of moss.
Some time later, she was walking across a narrow land bridge, surrounded by the oppressive half-light. Everything was silent but for distant moaning and the wind's impatient hissing, and nothing stirred.
Then there was an eruption and a hollow came out of the water, hands reaching feebly for her. With well-trained reflexes, she kicked it aside and picked up the pace a little.
Maybe this time I'll get out of here. The exit has to be somewhere, right?
Her hopes were well founded; sooner rather than later an exit presented itself, a gash in which fresh moonlight streamed. Mei felt better just looking at it.
With a bit of squirming, she managed to push through it. "There's supposed to be a village around here, right?" she murmured to herself, wishing, not for the first time, that she had a map. She stood on tiptoe and scanned the horizon, finally catching a welcoming glimpse of light. Mei pointed herself towards it and started walking.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Hello! Good posts there!

Just one thing, I think it looks neater when you quote your character sheets. Also, and OOC text should be tagged in tags such as (OOC: Hello! I'm an OOC comment!)

I shall be posting soon. How do you want our cooperative policies to be?

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

ACHTUNG! PLEASE READ: IMPORTANT

All NPCs that you may find in Majula I will RP. You may RP the actions of most other NPCs outside of Majula. Current NPCs in Majula are (Sweet) Shalquoir, Blacksmith Lenigrast, Armourer Maughlin, Saulden the Crestfallen, and most importantly, the Emerald Herald.

Also, I may soon make substantial additions to the character sheets, so stay tuned.

AETER + 480 Souls

ERDELY + 420 Souls

MEI + 420 Souls

Name: Onosander of Astora
Appearance: Blond hair, saturated blue eyes. About 30. Average build.
Bio: Onosander embraced his being marked with the curse to travel to Drangleic in the pursuit of his very own sun.
-
Souls: 480
Weapon: Shortsword

Fog covered the caves like a horrid blight. Water dripped endlessly from unknown sources and fell on the naked stone with continuous grumbles. Low, ugly moans could be heard everywhere. Things Betwixt was a place engorged with hollow souls, lost to time and confusion. In its confused wake, many had lost their humanity long ago and turned into mindless beings that feed on souls.

Amidst the terrible spectacle, long laughter could be heard. It emanated from Onosander, a former Knight of Astora, famous for laughing while in strife. His Shortsword was at eager work in his hands, slashing any idiot foolish enough to go into his path and being bloodily driven into the torsos of inferior victims. Onosander was covered in blood that was not his, but he laughed, and his laughter disturbed the hollows in the cave and caused them to converge upon his spot. He merrily continued hacking away at the zombies until they were no more, and their bloody and broken corpses filled the caves.

He then set upon more productive work. He laughed as he pushed the corpses into the endless abyss next to the stone path. Hopefully, none would notice what a horrible mess he had left behind. When he finished this task, he set upon cleaning his blade in the grass. He looked for water to clean himself, found none, and continued his journey. Light was only a short distance away, and on the other side, an open clearing revealed the village of Majula.

Onosander smiled and cheerfully trotted towards the bonfire. Next to it stood a girl, draped in long Green Robes and looking towards the horizon. He stared hard at her for a while, and then rested at the bonfire. Upon standing up, he walked towards the woman. She didn't seem to notice as he inched closer. Onosander opened to mouth as if to speak, but she interrupted him.

"Are you the next monarch? Or merely... a pawn of ... fate?" she said. The wind blew her hair across her face, but her hands remained unmoved at her front.

NOW GO BACK AND READ WHAT WAS IMPORTANT AT THE TOP OF THIS POST, I KNOW YOU DIDN'T READ IT.
Showing 1-15 of 15