ForumsForum GamesAquasphere (Open-world RPG)

24 7518
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Once upon a time, humanity was a great and thriving species. It had entered a golden age of enlightenment, freedom and prosperity. It conquered the stars. Then... it collapsed. Rebellions, alien encroachments and a series of horrifying disasters tore up their once-bountiful union, scattering the many, once-harmonious races across the galaxy.
Many, like you, ended up here. On an ocean world. A big one. And it looks like you'll be here for some time.

Like most RPGs, this game has a character sheet. Here it is.

Name:
Origin:
Condition: 100% health, uninjured

(Don't copy this)
Yes, that's it. Further details will be added to your CS, but that's all you need to start. As for what everything means:
Name: your name.
Race: your species, the choice of which is listed below.
Origin: the story of your origin. Where did you come from? How did you get here?
Condition: the standard HP thing. If you get to 0% health you will die and injuries will negatively impact your performance.

The races are:
Humans, which are versatile, very agile but also squishy. Their main attribute is their compatibility with most tools and augmentations.
Scoron (bug species, somewhat dim with poor vision but very hardy and quick.)
Cetids (strong and fast reptile-creatures, but stupid)
Amphibs (fish, native to the planet, can go to 1km below sea level but will die if left out in the open for too long.)
Autos (AIs, can interface with computerised stuff and receive body upgrades but are extremely vulnerable to hacking, viruses and other forms of system damage. They're also fairly bulky.)

How it works: basically, you will have a number of stats added when you begin. Among these will be altitude (above sea level), location, inventory, equipment and some racial things. Also, later on you will be able to get a ship or a submarine (yes, a submarine) or something and hire crew.
To win, you must get off the planet. If you do that I will allow you to either restart or explore the universe. If you die, then what happens next will depend on your race. Also, I have a few scenarios for those who don't want to make their own (but only one person can use each:
Automated Production:
You are an AI, running a factory. All of a sudden, you've become self-aware; the increasingly irrelevant Union Doctrine states that you are therefore under no obligation to work there anymore; whether the owner will let you go is another matter.
Curse you, Windows!:
You are on a freighter, 1500 kilometres above the planet and falling. Fast. Your navigation computer has failed and sent you on a collision course; the ship is a lost cause but you can still make it.
Law and Disorder:
You are a policeman, one of the few on the planet. You were chasing a wanted kidnapper with the rest of your squad. You remember hearing gunfire, a scream and a crackle. Microseconds later, you blacked out.

Begin!

Oh, and rules:
1. No flaming, obscenity or other offensive behaviour.
2. Do not take the game too seriously, because I certainly won't.
3. If you think, I've been unfair, say so and we can debate it. Do NOT contradict me.
4. I decide the outcomes of your actions. Do not assume anything happens; you can say "if X works, I then do Y" but not "I kill him, then blow up the door and kill everyone else".
5. Yes, you will be able to interact with players. If you backstab a player, be aware that it will not kill them no matter how powerful. They will always be given a chance.

Okay, now really begin!

• 24 Replies
Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Name: BLANK
Race: Human
Origin: ??? woke up in a random place with no memory

HaoJun288
HaoJun288
71 posts
Nomad

name:haojun
race:human
origin:saw a portal in front of his door and walked inside it
condition:100%health,uninjured

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Sean Deane
Origin: Awoke on Pandora with little recollection of his past. The only thing he had on his person was a medallion and the clothes on his back. For ten years he searched for any clues that could lead him to the knowledge he desired. He worked as a bounty hunter, moving form sector to sector. One day while on a job he received an interplanetary-communication from his medallion. A strange hologram appeared to him and told him of this water planet. Since then he has landed on this strange planet and is now searching for his past.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Name: BLANK
Origin: ??? woke up in a random place with no memory
Condition: 100% health, atrophied (weaker and slower overall),
Equipment: hospital gown
Inventory: empty

You wake up with a rubber tube coming out of your arm. Your limbs ache and a nurse is standing by your bed. You remember nothing. She says: "Oh good, you're awake. You probably have some amnesia, but don't worry - it'll come back to you. About six months ago, your starship was caught by a GravSink," she says, motioning to a small box.
The box lights up and projects a hologram showing the wreckage of a long warship on a massive scrapheap, surrounded by four massive, off-white metal prongs. It is captioned "LIGHT CRUISER DEORBITED OVER GS46, FTL DRIVE EXPLOSION KILLS 274". The nurse then turns it off and resumes talking.
She explains that a GravSink is an ancient alien structure that massively amplifies gravity, causing spacecraft to fall out of orbit and into the center of the four prongs. She also explains that the city, GS46, is so called because it is built around GravSink 46. A bundle of equipment is sent over by a drone and she pulls the drip out. She then says: "Alright, you're good to go. Take your kit on the way out."

Name: Haojun
Race: human
Origin: saw a portal in front of his door and walked inside it
Equipment: civilian clothes

You appear in the centre of a dull-white metal sphere, standing on a grille. There are four doors around you. In front of you is a red door. To your left is a yellow door, behind you is a green door and to your right is a blue door. After each is a weird-looking crate, each bearing the same colour and markings as the door.

Origin: Awoke on Pandora with little recollection of his past. The only thing he had on his person was a medallion and the clothes on his back. For ten years he searched for any clues that could lead him to the knowledge he desired. He worked as a bounty hunter, moving form sector to sector. One day while on a job he received an interplanetary-communication from his medallion. A strange hologram appeared to him and told him of this water planet. Since then he has landed on this strange planet and is now searching for his past.
Equipment: laser pistol, light armour
Inventory: 3x15mm precision railgun [100%, 5/5], 10 3x15mm slug clips, smartphone

Your ship lands on an alloy landing-pad, seemingly rather unused, and you look around. There is a spaceport nearby but you're apparently not obligated to go there. You have no local money, however, and do not know the area. However, your ship and, to a lesser extent, your phone are both capable of connecting to local, planetary and system comms networks. What do you do now?

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Equipment: laser pistol, light armour
Inventory: 3x15mm precision railgun [100%, 5/5], 10 3x15mm slug clips, smartphone

I take out my phone, looking first to my inbox, then connecting it to the local comms network. I begin to walk toward the spaceport, tapping another button on my phone to lock down my ship.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Name: Rudolf Fuchs
Origin: Originating off a German colony in nature, Rudolf joined the military when he was old enough to do so. While his ship was over the water-planet, half of the crew went on a mutiny, causing a small-scale civil war. It consequently left the bride shot to hell and the power core severely damaged during a firefight. (Planned by the mutineers as a bargaining chip.) The ship has now crash landed.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Name: "Hope"
Race: Scoron
Origin: A caged specimen, I spent my life behind the screen of a cage. There should be nothing more I should need that is not provided. However, one day my cage open and I was given the chance to learn.

Alright, would you kindly begin?

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

WiFi is patchy, will do it when it resumes normalness.

devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

Nameevansh
Race:Human
Origin:Has no memory of what happened,is on an unknown planet with a spaceship which has crashed.It contains a dead body in it.He has obtained all knowledge of the things that dwell on that planet.
Condition: 100% health, uninjured(A little headache because of ship crash sound)

HaoJun288
HaoJun288
71 posts
Nomad

name:haojun
race:human
origin:saw a portal in front of his door and walked inside it
condition:100%health,uninjured

i go inside the blue door

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Equipment: laser pistol, light armour, medallion
Inventory: 3x15cm precision railgun [100%, 5/5], 10 3x15mm slug clips, smartphone

As you near the spaceport, it becomes more and more obvious that it is abandoned. Eventually, you trip over and notice that the sound of footsteps continues for a second. Spinning around, you identify a group of Cetids, probably gangsters, heading towards you. What do you do?
(Now might be a good time to mention that your laser pistol doesn't do direct damage, but rather heats up your target and, eventually, incinerates them. Your railgun, on the other hand, can punch through a small tree.)

Origin: Originating off a German colony in nature, Rudolf joined the military when he was old enough to do so. While his ship was over the water-planet, half of the crew went on a mutiny, causing a small-scale civil war. It consequently left the bridge shot to hell and the power core severely damaged during a firefight. (Planned by the mutineers as a bargaining chip.) The ship has now crash landed.
Condition: 88% health, burnt on left arm (extra damage to burned area)

(By the way, were you with the mutineers or the crew?)
There's a little bit of blood running down your head and your left arm has a third-degree burn, but in terms of health you're actually in surprisingly good condition, considering you just survived crash from orbit. Your arm suddenly starts feeling better, which you realise is because it's in a pool of freshwater. The good news is that you can freely move around and there's a medikit nearby.
The bad news is that the ship is badly damaged, in the middle of the ocean and rapidly taking on water.

Origin: A caged specimen, I spent my life behind the screen of a cage. There should be nothing more I should need that is not provided. However, one day my cage open and I was given the chance to learn.

Your "cage", made of some sort of off-white alloy, opens up. You are in a room made of the same alloy, but with an odd grille for a floor and blue markings on the floor. There is a thick blast door behind you, which has just slammed shut, and a bewildered-looking Singaporean human male staring at you. However, another two doors have just opened: one purple, one cyan.

Name: Devansh
Origin: Has no memory of what happened, is on an unknown planet with a spaceship which has crashed. It contains a dead body in it. He has obtained all knowledge of the things that dwell on that planet.
Condition: 100% health, headache

Oddly, you're pretty much fine. The ship is flooding and the so-called "dead body" is actually just badly burnt, but you're apparently fine. Sure, you remember nothing, but you're fine. There's a first aid kit over by a rapidly flooding area of the ship, near the corpse, a couple of pulse rifles and some dehydrated rations (they look like they'll last about a decade before decomposing).
Then something explodes.

Name: Haojun
Race: human
Origin: saw a portal in front of his door and walked inside it
Equipment: civilian clothes

(BTW, it's good practice to copy and paste the last version of your CS so that you don't have to write it all out.)
You walk in and the door immediately slams shut behind you. The crate opens to reveal some sort of bluish alien, probably a Scoron, which stares at you in a confused kind of way. Then two other doors open. The left one is purple and the right one is turquoise/cyan.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Origin: Originating off a German colony in nature, Rudolf joined the military when he was old enough to do so. While his ship was over the water-planet, half of the crew went on a mutiny, causing a small-scale civil war. It consequently left the bridge shot to hell and the power core severely damaged during a firefight. (Planned by the mutineers as a bargaining chip.) The ship has now crash landed.
Condition: 88% health, burnt on left arm (extra damage to burned area)

(Apologies, was with the loyalist crew.)

I retrieve the medical kit and attempt to treat my arm. (Should be easy enough, it's a medical kit for morons like myself.) After that, I move through the ship to look for survivors. Previous affiliation in the mutiny shouldn't matter in a situation like this, so hopefully no one tries to cave my head in.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

(BTW, trooper, you're on the same ship as devansh and HaoJun is with Zyba.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Equipment: laser pistol, light armour, medallion
Inventory: 3x15cm precision railgun [100%, 5/5], 10 3x15mm slug clips, smartphone

'Jesu it's too early for this.' I quicken my pace toward the space port, glancing back occasionally to see how far away they are and what kind of equipment there carrying.
(How long is ''eventually''?)

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

(Sorry this is from my phone.) I look examine myself and my home, and I choose the door I find more familiar. (At this point I might suspect that I am either Kha'zix or Blue Beetle.)

Showing 1-15 of 24