ForumsForum GamesShattered Armor Suggestion Thread

97 29079
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hello and welcome to the Shattered Armor RPG kickstarter. This RPG will be a special kind of RPG. Why? Because its based on ArmorGames that's why. Actually its really based around the whole internet, but you, the players, will be the users of ArmorGames. Think of it as if you're inside the internet.

This will be an open world RPG, basically the player can do whatever they feel like it, just as long as they follow the rules that I have not come up with yet.

Now here is the RPG character sheet:

Name: (pick a name)
Age: 13 and up(this is ArmorGames after all, so we have to start with age 13)
Race: (The most unique part of the sheet. You can choose what you want to be like; human, alien, robot, ant, toaster, penguin, fox, dwarf, etc. Whatever you want.)
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Items:
Partner:

This sheet is not the final character sheet. Do not use it yet!

Now the most important part of the kickstarter, suggestions. I need suggestions on things. Maybe on items, weapons, clothing, title(this current one was done last minute), etc.

Hopefully there's nothing I forgot to mention. So go on and suggest. Also if you're planning on joining please tell me here so I know who to expect.

• 97 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Sure I'll join.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You should make users that don't play into NPCs.

Exactly what I'm thinking. The most obvious person to be an NPC would be me of course.

i created a map its a prototype but ... eh

I'll think about using it but I think awhile back we just decided to use the real Earth's map.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Oh by the way, what do you guys think of basing fighting by rolling dice? Only I'll be rolling the dice so don't worry. I was also thinking of using some kind of attack, defense, health, and speed upgrade thing for the level up system. I'll still be thinking of more things with the level up system.

Keep those suggestions coming guys.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

A d20 system? I see no problem with this

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know, I've actually decided... no Level up system. There's nothing to really gain from it.

Instead of getting XP from the RPG quests, you will instead get weapons and items.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

I like the idea of that. What kind of weapons?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

What kind of weapons?

They'll mostly be weapons that are sorta Internet or website related. For example ArmorGames will be using the logo(the old one with the blue shield) as two swords and a shield. They can carry it on their backs and its lightweight.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm going to ask one more question. Its not extremely important to the game but I just want to know, are you going to be playing as your ArmorGames user? Or not?

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

hmmm yes i think it is better because when we want to team up and stuff we dont get confused who is who and ...
and by the way we shouldnt use the real world map because you know ! kongrates team arnt chineese or asian and i guess it would be a cliche if we put the bad guys in east and the good guys in west you know ... so a unreal world would be better and ...

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

kongrates team arnt chineese or asian and i guess it would be a cliche

Well technically there won't be Asians. There will be Asians though but the whole Kongregate country would not be Asian. Some of them will but most of them won't.

Also here's the new edited character sheet:

Username: (pick a name)
Age: 13 and up(this is ArmorGames after all, so we have to start with age 13)
Race: (The most unique part of the sheet. You can choose what you want to be like; human, alien, robot, ant, toaster, penguin, fox, dwarf, etc. Whatever you want.)
Profile password: (Not your actual password. Just a FAKE one to access your home.)
-----
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Items:
Weapons:
Partner:

If there's any suggestions on what I should add tell me.

Also a list of a few of the weapons that will show in SA: Elephant bum, dQw4w9WgXcQ bomb(I chose the name for that wisely), pause gun, Nyan rocket, and that's all I'm telling. If you have any internet based weapons to suggest please tell me. Real weapons will also be added.
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Well technically there won't be Asians. There will be Asians though but the whole Kongregate country would not be Asian. Some of them will but most of them won't.

although i read strictly that and the above comment, does it really matter? if you just say "you see a man from Kongregate" and describe him i dont think the player would exactly care of the ethnic back-round.

slight critiquing on the character sheet:

Partner should be partners, as you might have more then 1 of them. however if you plan on only letting players team in groups of 2 then you dont need to consider that. that is something so technical only i would really see it or care but depending on what you choose for partner allowances it could determine things. Clothing and items could be combined into "inventory", but what you have equipped could go under "equipment" (which is how i build CS).

internet based weapons? i'll spend some time thinking about that. i like the idea of a Burrito Bison attack, some actual firearms (which is not creative but plays into many internet themes and games), if you're adding pause gun there should be a coveted rewind weapon that allows you to rewind time, also a slowing weapon that allows you to matrix, and if you're creative enough something based off of kingdom rush wouldnt hurt as an appearance. add some armatar attacks for the players and Kong-based attacks for Kongregates. those ideas are more flash game based but the games on AG should make up at least appearances as attacks because this is an internet-based game. If you're feeling particularly creative you could add a class system basing off of the many MMO's out there, but that might not be the best idea. as i have already stated more generic weapons do make many appearances in flash games and many internet places, so take things like SMG's and crossbows into consideration even if you keep things more creative.

If that didnt help you at all so be it, but hopefully those suggestions didnt completely waste your time.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Partner should be partners

There will be more. I will fix that small error.

Clothing and items could be combined into "inventory", but what you have equipped could go under "equipment"

Alright. Seems reasonable.

Burrito Bison attack

Like a body slam or rope launch? I haven't played the game in awhile, my memory on it is blank.

rewind weapon that allows you to rewind time

Sure that could be added.

slowing weapon that allows you to matrix

Definitely going to add.

kingdom rush

Ohhhh... I never actually played those games. :/

add some armatar attacks for the players

Like magical trees and ninja monkeys? Or do you mean like actual physical hits?

Kong-based attacks for Kongregates.

I was actually thinking of making the Kongregate ant's fang things as swords. Of course, they'd be a hundred times bigger than a regular sized ant.

games on AG should make up at least appearances as attacks

Of course. That's the reason why I made the Elephant Bum. It shoots pastries(like a certain elephant).

add a class system basing off of the many MMO's

Yeah... I thought about doing that but it doesn't work out.

take things like SMG's and crossbows into consideration even if you keep things more creative.

Of course, I wouldn't leave out the real deals.
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Like magical trees and ninja monkeys? Or do you mean like actual physical hits?

its not my call, anything with the armatars that is creative will work.

You should have parties of 3-5 of characters, like World of Warcraft and all of those other games.

but does that really keep the free roaming free world idea going? dungeons can of course be incorporated, and if you decide to incorporate them i would probably be your guy to go to. but that requires strict following of the dungeon, so it should probably be only in zones that progress the storyline or could not be cleared alone. building off of this idea really destroys the free roaming feel of them game, especially on how heavily you use it. and without a class system, dungeons wont work out to well.
(not to get technical and nerdy but balance between classes is critical in dungeons and probably wouldnt be present in this game).

as for traveling on tron cycles, i cant deny that being a good idea. i dont exactly see the point of traveling on these neon colored vehicles as you depict but that doesnt really matter.

I think we need to build on this combat system. i can greatly help you with this but you need to tell me, do you want this a dice rolling game or more of just whatever you think would happen?
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Ban Hammer

Oh... Whoops I forgot about that. I will add it though.

Some sort of Rick Roller

No! You figured out the purpose of the dQw4w9WgXcQ bomb. Its called that because of the end of the Youtube url.

a ninja star

Add to real weapons.

n elephant gun that fires pastries

That's also the purpose of the Elephant Bum gun.

most regular guns made out of text and stuff like symbols

Will add, I love that idea.

a cat gun (because what would the internet be without cats? We need a gun/possibly something called a Cat-apult, to fire cats at people.

Will add the cats.

a troll-based weapon

I don't even know any ideas for it sadly.

a hacking gun

Would it hack electronic stuff?

glitch sword (a sword that's made up of dead pixels)

Sure. Was thinking diamond sword too. Hey, don't judge me! Minecraft is internet related too.

sledgehammer that's weaker than the ban hammer

So a regular sledgehammer?

a watermelon cannon

Yes. Definitely watermelon cannon.

You should have parties of 3-5 of character

Sure.

By the way, all of the internet that isn't in a city should look like Tron combined with the future in Back to the Future 2.

I will do some of it like that. Because I have an idea for a creepy forest that I'm just dying to use.

the army has to fight with ROFLcopters, and tanks that look like this

We could do that.

People should get around in Lightcycles and other vehicles.

I'm guessing you like Tron? Also sure.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

[quote]You should have parties of 3-5 of characters, like World of Warcraft and all of those other games.

but does that really keep the free roaming free world idea going?[/quote]

Then how about the user decides how many characters to bring along with them? Seems fair that way.

do you want this a dice rolling game or more of just whatever you think would happen?

Was originally going to do it as whatever I think would happen(which worked fine for other RPGs I made). But it eventually slid into using dice. Though I wouldn't really care which one I use.

I'll just do whatever I think happens.
Showing 46-60 of 97