ForumsForum GamesShattered Armor Suggestion Thread

97 29068
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hello and welcome to the Shattered Armor RPG kickstarter. This RPG will be a special kind of RPG. Why? Because its based on ArmorGames that's why. Actually its really based around the whole internet, but you, the players, will be the users of ArmorGames. Think of it as if you're inside the internet.

This will be an open world RPG, basically the player can do whatever they feel like it, just as long as they follow the rules that I have not come up with yet.

Now here is the RPG character sheet:

Name: (pick a name)
Age: 13 and up(this is ArmorGames after all, so we have to start with age 13)
Race: (The most unique part of the sheet. You can choose what you want to be like; human, alien, robot, ant, toaster, penguin, fox, dwarf, etc. Whatever you want.)
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Items:
Partner:

This sheet is not the final character sheet. Do not use it yet!

Now the most important part of the kickstarter, suggestions. I need suggestions on things. Maybe on items, weapons, clothing, title(this current one was done last minute), etc.

Hopefully there's nothing I forgot to mention. So go on and suggest. Also if you're planning on joining please tell me here so I know who to expect.

• 97 Replies
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

so the idea here is to pretty much surf the internet and when your on random sites do real things...

seems beautiful, if you can make it interesting enough to keep the interest.

how would one level up in this game? seems like you plan on making it...story based, i dont know, but this sounds like life right now. i think, (and this is coming from someone who likes combat based games), you need to add some sort of normal goals for the character to complete to gain XP. i wouldnt say combat since this game seems pretty non-combat based, but i dont like the idea of having a game with no goals.

as for the turning websites into real places thing, i get that, and i think it makes perfect sense. i would build on how that works and stuff, but i dont have any particular things to add about it.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

That'll be a good name. I can imagine it now... The Forum.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

I think I'll join this, Oh and

Race: (The most unique part of the sheet. You can choose what you want to be like; human, alien, robot, ant, toaster, penguin, fox, dwarf, etc. Whatever you want.)
Was that, by any chance, inspired by me? (More specifically the penguin part.)
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

so the idea here is to pretty much surf the internet and when your on random sites do real things...

Uhhh... yes and no. You can do that but that's not what the game is actually about.

i wouldnt say combat since this game seems  pretty non-combat based,

Wut? You did see me mention weapons right? I even said:
By the way the story will be based on ArmorGames fighting Kongregate.

So there will be combat

you need to add some sort of normal goals for the character to complete to gain XP.

That's what I'm doing, I'm even planning a sort of 'quests' type thing. Where if you complete a quest you can get XP for finishing this quest.
Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

This just gave me an idea. Would we be able to incorporate ninja's in any way?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Was that, by any chance, inspired by me?

In a way yes. It was kind of inspired when I thought back to when blk said we should turn you into a penguin in Gears. Then the idea on race occurred to me.
Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Ah, ok. Well, good to know I helped somewhat.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Would we be able to incorporate ninja's in any way?

I don't know... do you mean the kind of ninjas on You're banned, like if that happened here? Or do you mean somehow make ninjaing a thing in the game?

If you're talking about the second one then I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to do that exactly.
Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

The first option. It was just an idea, it's your RPG. I frankly was never very good at these things.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

The first option.

Oh. Ninjas won't actually effect anything in the game so it'll be fine.

So how do you guys want the world map to look? If you want you can try drawing the map on Sketchtoy. Don't worry about how it might look just do your best. I'll also try drawing one.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Ok I kinda did it. Here it is.

Blue is ArmorGames
Red is Kong
Orange is Newgrounds
Green is AddictingGames
Purple is Mochi games
Brown is Ninja Kiwi
Yellow is Bubblebox

Not a good drawing but hopefully you guys get the idea.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

How about instead of making a map we use the actual real world map? How does that sound?

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

That's an interesting idea. Where do you suggest AG should be then?

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

I think that Google should be like Skynet, an evil AI that is trying to wipe out the rest of the planet. So they become the antagonists later on.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Where do you suggest AG should be then?

Either North America or South America. Kong should be Asia.
Showing 16-30 of 97