ForumsArt, Music, and WritingCryptic Media Resolutions: Pictures of Words without Context

35 21052
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/CMR/wechanged_zps67e15aeb.png

Resolution #1
Text: We changed the Box to change the Equation, but the Result we wanted had changed, too.
IM FELL English PRO, 14pt

• 35 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

The excerpt is intentionally written with an increasing number of typographical errors, beginning with "neitehr" and "Thjngs" (ignoring pyxrts and pexhns, for now) but quickly building up to general nonsense. This might be cryptic to someone with severe dyslexia, but otherwise it is only trivial. Were this actually typewritten, I could say that you pieced resolution 1 together from fragments of this text, but that would be redundant in this case. I could give you a far more cryptic message using a simple compression.

I gave an answer to a question that hadn't been asked that clarifies an answer to a question that wasn't given one.

So did I. It didn't go over well, probably on account of its being totally irrelevant.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Would that be an arabic math textbook?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@MattEmAngel If you're trying to find the relationship between the Revelation and the Resolution, you're over-thinking it. If you're trying to find the meaning behind the Revelation, I'm not sure it will mean much to you or make much sense at this point given what is there and what has been posted, but I did hide a few Easter eggs in there like the phone number for Ghostbusters.

@Ferret Voynich > Seraphinianus

@FishPreferred You're thinking too short term.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Impressive master bunny.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Text: Dr. Tom Weathersby and I had been conducting research on pyxrts for several months now. Three weeks ago, on a Saturday, we accidentally discovered unusual aspects of applying lasers to cubic pexhns. Match. It was little things that were mostly unnoticeable, but neitehr one of us could figure how it worked. Thjngs were less likely, or perhaps cared for by crtptos. katydid notice. Sure as there were quriks, oddities, stiched into the fabric of reality myself! bewre the bear; liks hunny. Had Benny sayd, the oold Tom would't hatx done this, of a l things. betotal wangle inform the Hisg Circulon, therodan mist in ve wirun. Yesi can. The Cirle, she happend, agarare bsiij niks oscvi. The nodo dsoo oisvion vahpod pphv hihnvnpnv svinspovewuby nedv ni, dsifg isdivoji; degpe.. wit to dsfioiv odjgi nAsidaar, lodgh iutre, porcelain bowels, tbe. qlk Ecotain, rto qimble. Franuls import inve char i tu in mwenson dhs . Puttaur barat i sharanginil. krrttu1 bvvcn politik action. omedia res. Samron the wisern, again, we m, et.
A is dot rem6stcar ijj sdkklll pilknib, pita nce 4 dirangededs. we O ys we o gobblin zommzumb dissi 3diss lquat. sp abe c0rodsisn Diillicor er xyiun fun rih. Treaulagh man45 yestag in sdf2323uull, gheit serra, jenn irikle mar os wirgdsl omneer bng. por terre nymro eilra. tepeh eelre knad malc sseld ehcer ports ssert letse 86cem aipoh citna erene 32rek neits eecya ognom, ertte, coom la; carrRrrR! belte, 555 sret CMR yyk boodub 008-1 srtusdd pago pago pago &dundlee mach gpd. pligt ivxivilcmd dkC, Lld toro! ke Swe poultyce wto li inswen. Since, allo couds sdion krem p aasd ieeiwi 1s nbo2 oopsj qu. Cow well, plata ingrosnia pinco punco odo o ooo. werrn oill.fi98otd,dfd peres;dfef d 0934'oint gh. Gough qwerry dior mila. gdjja kkjcii, sfewd r jus baner adicall .ghost rem 6ut ifrt: bricc stennre waranty on v djd cvwer. wrtch 9.il esazxllu trin do brn?df 66no. Tring godolan ir pakkir troo, dereend pkd ij resnertt farak. bilsd mono t qiixcc hsisr lanter po is cxzvwgw iixcvjq, rosd, pols makker. 9000t rts. gotoo panc. p aro dent, moas.
IM FELL English PRO, 14pt

Brilliant.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

So, when should we expect the encryption algorithm?

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Nurvana said
Brilliant.

Close, but no cigar. Here is Gantic's REAL message. Try and piece the puzzle.

Dr. Tom Weathersby and I had been conducting research on pyxrts for several months now. Three weeks ago, on a Saturday, we accidentally discovered unusual aspects of applying lasers to cubic pexhns. Match. It was little things that were mostly unnoticeable, but neitehr one of us could figure how it worked. Thjngs were less likely, or perhaps cared for by crtptos. katydid notice. Sure as there were quriks, oddities, stiched into the fabric of reality myself! bewre the bear; liks hunny. Had Benny sayd, the oold Tom would't hatx done this, of a l things. betotal wangle inform the Hisg Circulon, therodan mist in ve wirun. Yesi can. The Cirle, she happend, agarare bsiij niks oscvi. The nodo dsoo oisvion vahpod pphv hihnvnpnv svinspovewuby nedv ni, dsifg isdivoji; degpe.. wit to dsfioiv odjgi nAsidaar, lodgh iutre, porcelain bowels, tbe. qlk Ecotain, rto qimble. Franuls import inve char i tu in mwenson dhs . Puttaur barat i sharanginil. krrttu1 bvvcn politik action. omedia res. Samron the wisern, again, we m, et.
A is dot rem6stcar ijj sdkklll pilknib, pita nce 4 dirangededs. we O ys we o gobblin zommzumb dissi 3diss lquat. sp abe c0rodsisn Diillicor er xyiun fun rih. Treaulagh man45 yestag in sdf2323uull, gheit serra, jenn irikle mar os wirgdsl omneer bng. por terre nymro eilra. tepeh eelre knad malc sseld ehcer ports ssert letse 86cem aipoh citna erene 32rek neits eecya ognom, ertte, coom la; carrRrrR! belte, 555 sret CMR yyk boodub 008-1 srtusdd pago pago pago &dundlee mach gpd. pligt ivxivilcmd dkC, Lld toro! ke Swe poultyce wto li inswen. Since, allo couds sdion krem p aasd ieeiwi 1s nbo2 oopsj qu. Cow well, plata ingrosnia pinco punco odo o ooo. werrn oill.fi98otd,dfd peres;dfef d 0934'oint gh. Gough qwerry dior mila. gdjja kkjcii, sfewd r jus baner adicall .ghost rem 6ut ifrt: bricc stennre waranty on v djd cvwer. wrtch 9.il esazxllu trin do brn?df 66no. Tring godolan ir pakkir troo, dereend pkd ij resnertt farak. bilsd mono t qiixcc hsisr lanter po is cxzvwgw iixcvjq, rosd, pols makker. 9000t rts. gotoo panc. p aro dent, moas.

Wow Gantic, you definitely gave us a good one there!
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I just gave you the encryption algorithm, but it'll probably be easier to solve if you gave you the encrypted message. That's what the first Revelation is, but since I do love my wordplay and multiple meanings, that's not the only thing it means. There are other clues to the plot, but yeah, I'm not giving anything (else) away.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/CMR/sixteen_zpsdeec43f2.png

Revelation #2
Text: Sixteen
1. Drink only the rain
2. Emotion is weakness
3. People will fail
4. People will falter
5. Fire is safety
6. Hesitation is Death
7. Apathy is clarity
8. Wishes are worthless
9. Pain is strength
10. Eat zero meat
11. Follow the Cirle
12. Alarm is harm
13. Scrub your wounds
14. Instinct is Truth
15. Knife is Life
Waiting for the Sunrise, 14pt

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I just gave you the encryption algorithm, but it'll probably be easier to solve if you gave you the encrypted message. That's what the first Revelation is, but since I do love my wordplay and multiple meanings, that's not the only thing it means. There are other clues to the plot, but yeah, I'm not giving anything (else) away.

No. The algorithm is a mathematical ... algorithm. What you gave is the cypher and all or part of the encryption key. Much like the thread as a whole, you have provided material, but no instructions.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Ah, okay! There is no ciphertext. [Irrelevant, but a cipher is the algorithm and a ciphertext is the output.] What I have is a message (Resolution #1) and an "output" (Revelation #1) but there's no mathematical algorithm so the output isn't static.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Lachrymology. (If you looked it up, no, Tool didn't make it up. They only popularized it.) 16 = lachrymology.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

If you look at the first letter of 1-4, you'll see Gantic has a hidden love for the work of actor Johnny Depp. The rest is irrelevant.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Hahaha, you guys are close. The first set should be figured out soon enough. I did make one small mistake (that I've noticed) but I don't think it has a big impact. Wish I could edit mistakes, but I can't.

There are some plot clues that are so "obscure" that they wouldn't make any sense yet, but I don't think anyone has stumbled upon them yet even after I dropped a hint. They (mostly) don't matter yet, but they are fun little things. Sure, there's one that basically is one almost-sort-of giant message clue to how message is encoded, and then maybe the plot clues would make sense, but yeah.

@69_69_69:

I have no idea what it means, but it seems true. Is this possible? Someone please answer me. Most 16 year olds act like this, or feel like this, but not all of them. I (even though I'm ashamed to admit it), have had the stereotypical teenage feelings listed above. I'm still ashamed. Don't remind me.

We've all gone through the teenage stage. Just wait until you reread stuff you wrote ten years ago when you're older. (relevant xkcd)

@69_69_69, @MattEmAngel: Why can't things have multiple meanings? Why can't sixteen be the age and the sixteenth line? It's fairly obvious what the texts mean at face value. Certainly, there may be something more to this than teenage stuff.

@Salvidian:
Lachrymology.

@Nurvana:
If you look at the first letter of 1-4, you'll see Gantic has a hidden love for the work of actor Johnny Depp.

I did not notice that. Haha.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You're going to need to word your questions more carefully if you want a useful answer.

Task? No. There aren't any instructions here.
Sixteenth entry? Why wouldn't there be? Nothing's stopping me from titling it fifteen or fourteen. There aren't any intentional red herrings here if you're trying to figure the hidden messages.

Showing 16-30 of 35