ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Unattainable Achievements

52 31625
Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

Here's a short list of achievements that cannot currently be attained in the game due to bugs or oversight:

Almost - Kill a monster with your orb that would otherwise destroy your orb
Orb damage was removed in a recent patch

Flea Trap - Kill 45 cursed monsters with your orb
Orb danage was removed in a recent patch

Put the Lights Out - Gain 500 xp from destroying beacons
Beacon XP does not increase the counter for this achievement

Bone Shredder - Kill 600 monsters before wave 12 starts
The bar counts up, then keeps counting past 600 without awarding you the achievement

Stormy Weather - Have the beacon storm trait set to Level 7 at field N7
N7 does not exist, probably due to the bug with the third compass reward

Lockpick O4 - Destroy all wizard locks at field O4 before wave 18 starts
O4 does not have wizard locks. O6 does, but doing this in O6 does not award the achivement

• 52 Replies
dfnord
dfnord
26 posts
Farmer

Thannks for the info @thunderrider. I've finally got Bone Shredeer without trying, (I mean, I was focusing surviving 7 shadow attacks on wave 2 on Haunting Difficulty, but with wiz level 1k it is doable). So maybe early harvest also requires non normal difficulty.

There are quite a few missing difficulty notes for achievements particularly for the "use only this gem" kind (chain only on W1 for instance, requires Glaring difficulty). However they show up locked on Looming.

I'm finally only missing a few achievements:

http://i.imgur.com/Z7I78mx.png

daniil_sizov_98
daniil_sizov_98
30 posts
Farmer

@dfnord, how have you managed to get "Almost" [Kill a monster with your orb that would otherwise destroy your orb] achievement?

dfnord
dfnord
26 posts
Farmer

@daniil_sizov_98 I played like 15 fields on Version 1.0, which still had the orb damage. It was not that exciting of a way

Unfortunatately I did not have curse spell back then. Well, with so many broken achievements, one more / one less should not make a big difference. I hope the developers fix them soon.

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

As of v1.10 uploaded this morning, Flea Trap and Lockpick O4/O6 have been fixed.

There are three remaining unattainable achievements:

Almost - Kill a monster with shots blinking to the monster attacking your orb that would otherwise destroy your orb
Flea Trap has been fixed in the same way, but this one does not seem to be registering correctly. This has been tested with stepping forward frames at the pause button, which is the only way to ensure your mana is low enough when you're a high level.

Under Pressure - Shoot down 340 shadow projectiles
The counter for this still does not register shadow projectiles shot down. An easy test for this is to start a map with 7 levels in the Chasing Shadows trait, then only surround your orb with level 5-6 gems. Hundreds of projectiles may come, but the achievement counter stays at zero.

Stormy Weather - Have the beacon storm trait set to level 7 at field N7
This one has been reported for every version of the game. There is no way to access N7, unless there is an undiscovered method. The most likely culprit is the compass reward for completing it the third (gives a marker for field ID 148, though the highest is 147. Locks the field until you quit) or the fifth (gives O4, which is a normal progression field). times.

As a side note to N7, there also exists a bug where failing/quitting a field when the field marker was given by the compass will forever lock you out of getting that reward.

Ar3sgice
Ar3sgice
1 posts
Nomad

use only this gem achievements "missing difficulty notes" is probably a bug, i exited to main menu and go back to the map, then played the map in looming (r4 and o6, which showed locked for looming before), and it was unlocked.

daniil_sizov_98
daniil_sizov_98
30 posts
Farmer

@Hyppy, "Almost" is ok, got it an hour ago. A tower should shoot, and while missile in the air mob should hit the orb â" it will die and you will get the achievement.

There are two wrong field tokens given as an award for 3rd and 5th compass quest iteration, one is field #148 (there are no such field and that's why the battle never ends) token insted of H6, another is O4 instead of N7. I believe, next patch will fix it.

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

@daniil_sizov_98, I performed that task to a T, and confirmed that the monster died from a "blink" missile, but didn' get the achievement. I suppose I can try and formulate a situation where the monster has gone through so many times that it has a higher banishment cost than mana reward, but that seems over the top for what used to be such a simple achievement.

Also, the worry is how the missing fields will be fixed. If you've already completed the compass (and see no more loading screen gems), will you be credited the fields? Currently you aren't, since people have accidentally skipped out on D6.

thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

How to get ahcheivements: create a grade 3 gem with 300/600/900 raw max damage.

My gem had over 300 and i did not get anything

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

@daniil_sizov_98, Thanks for the tip. I went back and made sure that the monster would kill my orb even AFTER accounting for the mana gain from killing it. Achievement unlocked.

Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

Under Pressure seems to work now as well, but it doesn't give you any indication that it is counting.

ONLY ONE LEFT! It's the "Stormy Weather" one, since N7 isn't available.

dfnord
dfnord
26 posts
Farmer

N7 is now working!

http://i.imgur.com/On7cTpa.png

rangedfighter
rangedfighter
18 posts
Peasant

how do you get thunderstruck ? I enrage every wave on f4 and kill all enemies with bombs only on glooming difficulty but don't get anything

rangedfighter
rangedfighter
18 posts
Peasant

it seems it only works with normal monsters but not summoned once, got the achievement now on I3

mochipet
mochipet
1 posts
Peasant

create a grade 3 gem with 300/600/900 raw max damage:
poolbound grade 1 + poolbound grade 1 = poolbound grade 2
poolbound grade 2s + poolbound grade 1 = poolbound grade 2s` (repeat 20..30)
poolbound grade 2s` + poolbound grade 2s` = poolbound grade 3s`` (repeat 5..10)
profit

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

mochipet, with mana pool at eg. lv30 gem grade 3 with 1/4 of white has got enough dmg.

Showing 16-30 of 52