ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Unattainable Achievements

52 31626
Hyppy
Hyppy
59 posts
Peasant

Here's a short list of achievements that cannot currently be attained in the game due to bugs or oversight:

Almost - Kill a monster with your orb that would otherwise destroy your orb
Orb damage was removed in a recent patch

Flea Trap - Kill 45 cursed monsters with your orb
Orb danage was removed in a recent patch

Put the Lights Out - Gain 500 xp from destroying beacons
Beacon XP does not increase the counter for this achievement

Bone Shredder - Kill 600 monsters before wave 12 starts
The bar counts up, then keeps counting past 600 without awarding you the achievement

Stormy Weather - Have the beacon storm trait set to Level 7 at field N7
N7 does not exist, probably due to the bug with the third compass reward

Lockpick O4 - Destroy all wizard locks at field O4 before wave 18 starts
O4 does not have wizard locks. O6 does, but doing this in O6 does not award the achivement

• 52 Replies
thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

How to shoot down shadow projectiles? help!

Kazeto
Kazeto
3 posts
Shepherd

With gems in towers.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Allow me to be more precise about this:

Firstly, shadow projectiles can move either towards your attack gem (which I believe, on contact, cause it to force-resocket) or towards you orb (which takes mana away from you on impact). The former, I have no advice on, but for the latter, surround your orb with grade 3 or 4 gems of any kind. This should shoot down any projectile that dares venture near your orb.

thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

I spent 30 minutes with 7 shadows on map and 10 level 3 gems surrounding my tower and still cant get the acheivement.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

You're supposed to put towers around your orb and put gems in those, not around a tower. >_

D35TR0Y3R
D35TR0Y3R
2 posts
Peasant

@Livra

Have anyone acquire "Artisan traper"?
Description say - kill every monster with gems in traps. I ran F1 and killed every monster with traps, but did not get this achivement.

If you used Poison gems in traps there is a chance that you killed few mobs with poison and not with the raw damage of the gem. Just try F1 with no traits and put there few G(rade)3 or G4 gems (not Green, so you won't have to risk killing with special ability once more).
Azumpsi
Azumpsi
1 posts
Nomad

@thebigbox, Surround a grade 3 gem with amplifiers. Poolbound works well as they are high damage. You can upgrade the gems in the amplifiers until you get the achievement.

theglyphstone
theglyphstone
2 posts
Nomad

I'm unable to get Laying Low: E7 for some reason. I make a single Grade 1 Chain Hit and a Grade 1 Poolbound, Combine them into a Grade 2 Dual, then Duplicate that one gem into all my towers and amplifiers, but it won't give me credit. Is this only achievable on Glaring difficulty, even though it doesn't specify that in the description?

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Maybe use only towers and place several of them. That's how I literally just got it.

Note that I haven't actually gone after it at all until seeing the above post.

theglyphstone
theglyphstone
2 posts
Nomad

Can you give more info? Difficulty, level, anything you might think is helpful? I just tried it with towers-only on Looming, then Towers+Amps on Glaring, and didn't get the achievement either time. Definitely only Grade 2 gems the whole way.

koshej
koshej
2 posts
Shepherd

I have only ONE left:
"Leave a Monster Nest with 1HP."
How many HUNDREDS of Nests do you need to violate to GET it???
I mean, even my G1 gems have enough min/max dmg amplitude to make this a REAL PAIN...

BladeGrip
BladeGrip
3 posts
Nomad

I did that achievement by stripping myself off all skills and talismans that increase gem damage or damage towards buildings.

Still needed a few tries, though. The G1 gem I used randomly dealt between 1-2 damage to a building.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

high armor and low HP nests.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

what psorek said: with a high-armor nest, each shot does exactly one damage.
well...sometimes 2, the +% damage against buildings seems to apply after the armor-check.

ZeratulAyuris
ZeratulAyuris
2 posts
Nomad

Have anyone acquired "Use only X gems at field Y"? Seems to me that they are bugged, when I start the waves, achievement is marked as failed - even if there is no gems on the field.

Showing 31-45 of 52