ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Armor Games needs to get rid of all of the ads.

16 5090
Benjyman2000
Benjyman2000
3 posts
Peasant

It was fine when the ads where on the side, but now I can't navigate my way through the page without accidentally clicking on several ads. I can't even see the whole list of games because there are ads that you can't close in my way. This needs to stop right now Armor Games.

• 16 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Unfortunately, if there are no ads, there will not be revenue to run the site.

Could you elaborate on the ads blocking your way? All the ads I've seen so far can be closed, even the pop ups. I also haven't seen ads that overlay with the games/Forums though. You might wish to bring it up to the admins with screenshots to show where such ads allegedly block your gaming.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I also haven't seen ads that overlay with the games/Forums though

Same for me... and im pretty sure if they were some non-closeable/overlay ads we would see more reports of it.
DWGophers
DWGophers
1 posts
Shepherd

Whilst I don't mind the ads, it is the links from the ads located at the side of the games. You know the ones, you are 10 mins into a level and accidentally click on the side which means being re-directed away from the game you are playing. This results in the loss of 10 mins of my life and a resolve to never use Armor Games again. Given that Armor Games is, obviously, run by skilled developers I can only conclude that this is a practical joke!

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Please be a little kinder with the adds. Although I was frustrated at first I did understand the need for them as a source of revenue. Now they are redilcoulas. When I got on a little while ago the homepage looked like a Krave cereal box and when I would close the add in my face It reaperd as though it were using some form of dark magic. Please tell me how to take a screen shot so I can document when this happens.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Please be a little kinder with the adds. Although I was frustrated at first I did understand the need for them as a source of revenue. Now they are redilcoulas. When I got on a little while ago the homepage looked like a Krave cereal box and when I would close the add in my face It reaperd as though it were using some form of dark magic. Please tell me how to take a screen shot so I can document when this happens.

Use the Print Screen button on your keyboard, and paste it onto Paint. Save, upload to a photo hosting site and use the URL link provided.
123habermas
123habermas
1 posts
Nomad

They need it to make the revenue. I honestly am not irritated by it.

Jas691
Jas691
1 posts
Nomad

Are you nuts?
Armorgames doesn't have to get rid of the ads at all,
that's how many sites earn money, and armorgames is a good site, even though it could use some improvement.
Armorgames and Kongregate are OP compared to other websites.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

without accidentally clicking on several ads.

accidentally click on the side

Yeah... that's mostly your guys' fault. You can't accidentally click something, unless you dropped the mouse on its top, but that would still make it your fault. The ads aren't even that large and the ones in flash game pages are usually above or below the games, they're not on the sides. Unless you're talking about the ads on the very sides of the screen, but those are too far from the flash game itself.

This results in the loss of 10 mins of my life and a resolve to never use Armor Games again.

So, you decide not to play a flash game site just because you messed up, clicked an ad, and lost 10 minutes of gameplay? -_- Sometimes I wonder if you guys are really 13+.
Benjyman2000
Benjyman2000
3 posts
Peasant

I am not asking Armor Games to get rid of all of their ads, I am simply asking that they take the ones in the middle of my screen off. Some of these ads don't have close or "X" buttons. There are also ads that reappear a few seconds after they are closed. It is irritating when I log into Armor Games and I can't see the list of games because of their tricky ads.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I am simply asking that they take the ones in the middle of my screen off. Some of these ads don't have close or "X" buttons. There are also ads that reappear a few seconds after they are closed

That doesn't sound like an Armorgames problem, it sounds like you've accidentaly downloaded one of those weird ad-spamming viruses or something along the lines of that. It happened to me, too, and it took me entirely too long to find out what was causing it and to delete it.
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I am simply asking that they take the ones in the middle of my screen off. Some of these ads don't have close or "X" buttons. There are also ads that reappear a few seconds after they are closed. It is irritating when I log into Armor Games and I can't see the list of games because of their tricky ads.

Sounds like your system is infected with a virus.

Sorry, but, as we still mentioned, AG dont have ads with a behaviour youre talking about.

Main screen for example... i see 6 ad locations, and no one overlay other things, 1 & 2 are big ads on the sidelines (and sometmies even these 2 are blank, means blue^^), then (from top to bottom) 3 under the grey bar, on the left side 4 (the promoted game window) and 5 & 6 under the new games/popular games section... all are in their own field/window on a fixed position... no overlays, no pops up... nothing, sorry, but its a yoursided problem!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

no overlays, no pops up... nothing, sorry, but its a yoursided problem!

I've started getting pop-ups though, am able to close them, but they only make an appearance on AG, and not other sites. Might screenshot.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

There are also ads that reappear a few seconds after they are closed.

There have been some ads in the past, usually located atop or underneath the game, that have been known to pop up in front of the game screen when you accidentally roll your mouse over them (I'm talking to you, Arco), but those are they only ads that should be blocking the game screen. If AG implemented ads that interfered with gameplay in any way, you would see a lot more people complaining about it, and AG would lose a chunk of its regular gaming demographic. From a business point of view, these advertisements would cause site revenue to decrease. Therefore, it leads me to believe that this ad problem you're having is not AG's fault, even though that conclusion seems to have already been reached.

Also, this thread came to mind when I saw the title, but it seems more relevant to the title of this thread than it does to the majority of the content.
CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

but now I can't navigate my way through the page without accidentally clicking on several ads.

If you see an ad just dont click. thats the best way to not 'accidentally' click on an ad.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Benjyman2000 Could you please take a screenshot of the ads and either post them here, or send them to my e-mail at Ferret@ArmorGames.com. I want to confirm they are in fact our ads. My gut says you were infected by a virus or spyware, but that would confirm it.

Showing 1-15 of 16