ForumsThe TavernDid I Do The Right Thing?

17 9907
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

So, Friday at school, a very annoying kid at my lunch table continued to annoy me (as he has done all week). I warned him mutiple times to stop, but he didnt. So after lunch i pinned him to the wall, got in his face, and told him to stop, or he would not like what happened.
Was that the only to stop him, because telling on him wouldnt have done anything? Was there anyothere way to stop without using what I like to call "The Fear Factor"?
Was i being smart?

• 17 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

The problem is that your reaction isn't going to bode well in the 'adult' world. You've assaulted a person and in most cases that will get you arrested.

Instead, you probably should have given him a few verbal warnings to knock it off. If that did't work, take it to an authority figure and let them handle it.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

wow so many are against you lol.

i actually think what you did was great :P

i had the same problem in elementary school. every teacher would ignore me because lets face it: "he sings" is a very poor explanation. its difficult to imagine what its like when you just hear that sentence but i get you.

i remember in the end one day after school when i was heading home he started doing it again.... somehow i got so mad i just lifted him up above my body and threw him on the ground. he wasnt hurt but was just shocked. i was also shocked.

i think force is actually ok when you have such a reason and arent violent. in fact, i think that if someone invaded your personal space on purpose and you warned them then you have a solid defense when talking about what happened.

i adore you for what you did so way to go :3

Showing 16-17 of 17