ForumsGamesThe Mathematics of GemCraft CS:

42 16668
decay33
decay33
15 posts
Peasant

I am curious about some of the mathematics in the game.

For example, if I have a quad gem,
red -white - orange - black
Now it will give me a total damage, in this case lets say 20,000 to 80,000
it will give me multi hit, lets say 75
it will give me mana leech lets say 1000
after that I have poobound x20
and bloodbound x5
also a quad multiplier
now is the multipliers and the blood and pool already calculated into the total, or do they tack that on afterwards,
also that question goes for amplifiers is it included in the damage, or is it added on after. (i think amplifiers are included)
so will the blood and pool multiply what you receive from the amplifier?

also enraging waves
is it the same if I enrage a stone with 12 tier 13 gems, as opposed to 6 tier 14 gems?

basically I want to know what I am dealing with, and what is the best possible way to farm the max amount of xp, I dont really like the fact that I am forced to play with swarms because I dont get much xp from them,
anyhow just by looking at this game there is a lot that goes into math just to make this operate.
really cool if you think about it.

• 42 Replies
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Dragonmaster, how else can I get 7-8 quadrillion mana(yes, quadrillion) per frame, with only 300 billion stolen per hit, but with almost 7000 chain length, and 9500 monsters on screen??????!!!!!! lol.

daniil that math....I didn't do that, but I clearly saw pathetic amp numbers.

Run before last, on an XP gaining venture in 1.06.

Gem- mana farm, ROWB, grade 50. About 2-3 billion(?) mana per hit stolen.

Amps- 3x grade 35 orange-black(black had already proven to me then to be infinitely better than white....in later grades), black was at 2.5X(what, I need to sacrifice a lot of time to get 6 amps w/ 1 million hits each?

The leech gotten from all 3 amps was a pathetic 80K, minute. Amps don't bother, just upgrade your gems. Lol. Also, even if they did, their boost would be sliced by 90% I think, since 10% specials are amped, and NOT poolbound. Thus, you're wasting that time to GET that bonus. Also, I've gotten grade 50 gem(look above to my earlier post) by wave 15 sent. No amps. So I might as well not bother, no need to tamper with epicness, right?

Also sorry about the D word, I keep forgetting...."darn" I meant.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Gah! Lotoreo you had to post after I triple posted lol!

About the video- It's being saved to my desktop right now, I'll upload to youtube in the morning it's late here. Also, I am level 1895, I show my skillset for 5 seconds(pause if need be) and I only chose max orblets trait for the mana boost(still unsure if it applies to mana farm, but I chose it to be safe...worst case it helped my building up with the monster kills in the first 2-3 waves. I split it into two parts as it recorded sped up(which is fine, except....) which made it lag until I slowed it down a bit, so now it's over 15 mins and I haven't got a phone to confirm with youtube, so it has to be in 2 parts. Each will be approx 13 minutes long lol.

Lotoreo
Lotoreo
14 posts
Nomad

How do you start a successfull mana run? Simply building one gem in a trap, upgrading it whenever possible? There must be more to that, because i always fail with that

Balukaaaa19
Balukaaaa19
3 posts
Nomad

Hey guys!
How does the mana leech work in combined gems with chain hit? Does it leach mana for each chain hit, or does it only give the mana leach for the initial hit and not for the additional chain hit?
I tried experimenting to see the difference, but I can't tell just by looking at the screen, and I don't know how to look into the programming to figure it out myself. I hope at lest one of you did better than me, and saw the difference.
Thanks for your help in advance!

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

About the video- It's being saved to my desktop right now, I'll upload to youtube in the morning it's late here.

You're gunna have to post that video, because I tried it on that exact map (F4) and didn't get past grade 34 by wave 15. I get the general idea (anger each wave enough so it survives farm gem but not kill gem two/three traps later) but I think I'm underangering too much because my farm gem keeps killing and it's hard to calculate whether a wave will survive, especially with upgrading constantly and chain hit...
zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

How do you start a successfull mana run? Simply building one gem in a trap, upgrading it whenever possible? There must be more to that, because i always fail with that

You want waves to survive the farming gem, which increases the number of hits it gets off by hundredfolds. A YRWB gem in a trap a few spots behind it will instantly kill everything even if it's 10-15 grades lower than the farm gem.
pewpewsword12
pewpewsword12
24 posts
Shepherd

@thunderrider

I am level 157. Your saying that I could do a skip several levels by gaining a lot of EXP?
I have pool-bound but not blood-bound. i have all traits except for chasing shadows.

Thanks.

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

Without bloodbound you could probably gain 600-700 levels easily even on glaring difficulty...pick a tough map, max all traits you have (except mana lock) and anger all waves to 999 monsters, ideally even more.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Lotoreo well I am level 1895 so it would likely work on a lesser level for you, make killgem first, if you want really high grades with little handicap pick looming and ignore experience gained. Thus your killgem need only be G5-G6 varying on your poolbound skill level and resonance, chain, and crit skills. That will one shot everything until wave 4-5 if you anger like I do. As you will see in part 2(not 1 I had to split it) by wave 13 or earlier I don't remember, I was angering into the hundreds of quintillions of hp.

Also, baluk, mana leech hits multiple monsters if chained, yes. That's why chain+mana + a multiplier rocks. Best multiplier for low grades is poolbound. Higher grades, its bloodbound.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Zzxxzz3, I am level 1895 don't forget. Easiest settings, every wave counts.

Video should finish processing soon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpsNED_Qero&feature=youtu.be

dfnord
dfnord
26 posts
Farmer

Great video @thunderrider. Now, about that part 2....

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

Zzxxzz3, I am level 1895 don't forget.

I'm 1984. I was right, wasn't angering nearly as much as you do, often 100x less HP or more...but looks like it'd be lag city for me :/ I'll give it a shot later.
thebigbox
thebigbox
61 posts
Blacksmith

Im not doing endurance until i have completed every level on haunting difficulty, i dont want to make the game easier by leveling on extra stuff ^^

pewpewsword12
pewpewsword12
24 posts
Shepherd

@zzxxzz3 Really? I'm not sure which map would actually qualify as tough but not too tough. You also can't anger waves in the beginning to 999 with a small amount of mana (in addition, they would be too tough). I would normally use red/yellow/white. What skills should I have on?

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

Here's my start for a shrineless endurance finish. Looming difficulty, all taken at wave 9.

Farm gem:
http://s27.postimg.org/cp3fo411f/Screen_Shot_2014_04_16_at_12_08_54_AM.png

Sample wave:
http://s27.postimg.org/d0kw0vhhf/Screen_Shot_2014_04_16_at_12_09_16_AM.png

Hit farming gem (needs a few more grades):
http://s27.postimg.org/5jbolnryb/Screen_Shot_2014_04_16_at_12_10_19_AM.png

Kill gem. Does 9.61E23 damage/second:
http://s27.postimg.org/5ut4yf8eb/Screen_Shot_2014_04_16_at_12_19_37_AM.png

Plus 6 grade 20something BRW gems for slow.

Getting ~2 grades a wave for farm gem. Wonder how many more waves before I can just sell farm gem, move kill gem to front, and call all waves...anyone know monster HP at wave 999?

Showing 16-30 of 42