ForumsGames[Locked] Gemcraft CS OUTRAGE

24 5798
xXNonXx
xXNonXx
11 posts
Peasant

This game is too hard for me. I can't do anything.

FIRSTLY.
My gems can't even do anything and I get outrun by reavers everytime i attempt a stage. WTF?

SECONDLY.
I WANT PREMIUM.

THIRDLY:
I KNOW.

• 24 Replies
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Sigh....unused skillpoints give starting mana...get enough starting mana for a grade 4 and you should be ok for a long time...rearrange your skills, prioritize, strategize, it isn't meant to be easy....

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

Yeah well, learn to play the game, there is nothing impossible about it. First time I completed it I never even went back to gain more xp on levels I aready did. Just learn how to play. It isnt meant to be easy.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Alter your strategy...
In general: lvl up to get more skillpoints, as thunder stil mentioned unused skillppoints give initial mana.
Try to get achievements, some of them are not that hard to get, other are rachable with a lil bit timing, each achivement means another skillpoint.
Replay lvls and ttry to get a higher XP-count than before --> helps to lvl up.
If you have accesss to other difficulties (yes, i know, looming is the only one you have early, glaring comes later^^) replay lvls also --> again higher XP-count = possible lvl ups.
Talisman fragments... nice bouns effects, also initial mana is on the list.

So inital mana is crucial, this means spent your skillpoints wisely, mostly its not that good to pump as many skillpoints as possible into skills.

MrGreylon
MrGreylon
1 posts
Jester

Yeah, this is clearly the most difficult of the Gemcraft series, and that is by design. I would recommend playing Labyrinth or GC1 to cut your teeth on and learn the gameplay.

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

Yeah, this is clearly the most difficult of the Gemcraft series, and that is by design. I would recommend playing Labyrinth or GC1 to cut your teeth on and learn the gameplay.

GCL and GC1 strategies can't really be executed in GCCS so its better to just keep playing and learn from the beginning
Brew78
Brew78
17 posts
Farmer

Yeah, having played quite a bit of GCL, I'm getting absolutely killed at this game. I'm not even really not sure what to do at this point. I can't get far into any Endurance levels since I'm so under leveled (38) and under geared (no talismans worth jack), so replaying old levels is pointless. And I'm having a real hard time progressing forward into the game because the levels are getting to be too difficult and I'm pretty sure I'm misunderstanding how the gems work in this game. Its obviously not the same as GCL, especially chain hit..

I'm not about to give up, but its getting to be much more frustrating than fun.

Brew78
Brew78
17 posts
Farmer

Not even really not sure? Where's the edit button..?

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Mr Greylon if anything you should practice by playing GC0....its the most like it, which is why I love it. I'm an expert at GC0, so naturally I'm more than decent here.

xXNonXx
xXNonXx
11 posts
Peasant

I DO spend my skill points and I have played the other gemcraft series. THEY WERE HECK EASY.

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

If it gets to hard then redo previous levels, look after other maps with lower base hp that u can complete.
Make sure you are using skills as efficient as possible.

Only following those tips will make it manageable, sometimes u might run into very hard levels but if its skipable (not required to progress) just skip it and do it later, and if it is skipable, do other levels u can do and gain more levels and so on. gl

xXNonXx
xXNonXx
11 posts
Peasant

I AM STUCK. I HAVE FOLLOWED EVERYONE'S ADVICE. SERIOUSLY.

xXNonXx
xXNonXx
11 posts
Peasant

Let me tell you, I start with a grade 5 gem every battle

sangoman
sangoman
2 posts
Shepherd

Try starting the the battle with 2x grade 4 gems.

And yeah its feasible to beat Gem:CS storyline without getting premium.

Keadius33
Keadius33
8 posts
Peasant

I'll just toss some ideas out that i have used when it got difficult, first I am not sure you read the previous peoples advice right as you said ~ "I DO spend my skill points and I have played the other gemcraft series. THEY WERE HECK EASY."

(the more skills points you spend the less mana you start with)
so i'd say reset skill points and just not spend any and try a game to see how much mana you get then go from there.

pay attention of the damage per gem color for instance orange has really low damage, try creating 1 of each color grade 1 at start and see which have highest dmg from what you have available and use a pure or pick 2 highest dmg gems and combine for nice dual gem (my preference) and upgrade as far as can should be strong enough to kill anything long enough to get some mana built up as long as you don't spent all them skill points.

many purple gems placed along path (and set to target highest armor) can cut away all the monsters armor before it gets to a kill gem.

like others said buy the biggest high damage gem you can that can punch through the armor (but probably have to not spend as much skill points)

Keadius33
Keadius33
8 posts
Peasant

blah , wish could edit , sorry I didn't see

Let me tell you, I start with a grade 5 gem every battle
but agree then try 2 grade 4 maybe dual gems preferably not having orange in them lol depends on what you have available.
Showing 1-15 of 24