ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Time for me to go infinite. (question topic)

40 12877
ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

I'm currently wizard level 190 with 255 skillpoints from achievements and enough shadow cores to initiate a maxed-trait Haunting run, finishing the regular map then going as far as I can in endurance. I wanted to beat the game normally and get some of the level-specific achievements before doing this, and the time's finally come. That being said, I have a few questions about this...

-How should I allocate my skill points?
-What map should I play on?
-I've read something about RWO for farm gem, RWY for kill gem, RWB in between, all in traps for the setup. Is there some sort of optimal setup for this, or should I just wing it?
-How do I fit a tower gem into this setup in order to take out shadows and other "flying ones"?
-Amplifiers. Yes? No? Only on the tower?
-What should my angering pattern look like? I'm a bit wary of using grade 1s to anger because of what usually happened when I did that in Labyrinth, but I don't think I can afford to anger with any other grade until I get my wizard level up.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

• 40 Replies
Kamendae
Kamendae
6 posts
Nomad

I don't have anywhere near enough mana to start that kind of angering. Once I've got the initial set up I've got enough for maybe half a dozen level 1 gems.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Well...yeah I'm level 2818. But I got there by beating endurance, same map, at lvl 2054 lol. Go to easier fields till you get enough skills to permafreeze.

also I only start angering to 999 at about wave 2-3(LOL) but for you start angering to 999 after wave 5-6 maybe? Idk lol.But yeah starting mana should be only barely enough for you to make farm gem and necessities, all manafarm skills should be maxed to be the best...I only start with like 41K mana because of my level and no good skills to max anymore....lol!

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

Sometimes i get confused which numbers system we use. In Sweden its, million, miljards, billions, biljards, then trillions.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Well, 1e6, 1e9 etc. is much less confusing

rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

Can someone please explain what to do in clear steps? Gremlion was kind of clear but not really. What kind of level do I need to be, can I do this at level 500?

Do I use anything else than traps?
Do I only use TWO traps? If so, why do both of the pictures in this thread have a ****load of towers?

Can you guys create a picture album or video, because I am a bit confused.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpsNED_Qero&list=UUJhzahr4kF2MOb8sf2KSJVA]

Do it so

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

WOW lol u linked my video c:

Yep thats me at lvl 1895 c:

That was my grade 50 wave 15 thingamajiggy. I could get same with all traits except mana lock and maybe swarm domination(hurts farm efficiency in reduced freeze/slow time and naturally faster) so yeah follow that =)

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

It's only video about that over the internet

thunderrider, to boost efficiency look at my topic about mixing colors (use these mixings) and add 6 3g lower than manafarm gem black gems in amplifiers around trap - it boosts 3x manafarm gem stats.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

I know I only said I have 3 bc on X4 that's all the room there is :P still doubles it. anyway once I get a pool of 10 quintillion to anger with, I will just send all waves and spam shrines xD.

rriparetti
rriparetti
32 posts
Nomad

Even with the video I only got 52M xp.... I cant do what you do.

http://i.imgur.com/VNYb2EK.jpg

Heres what I have. Please tell me what I should do with them.

I genuinely cannot make it past 564 or w/e I am, and you guys are telling me you can get to it pretty easily....

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

I still can't seem to get this right... I guess I just need to level until my freeze cooldown is low enough that I can permafreeze...

pewpewsword12
pewpewsword12
24 posts
Shepherd

I think it is going to be harder now that we are in v 1.0.14

I am going to get to lv500 before trying. right now i am doing haunting with all traits maxed except manalock. I'm currently 350.

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

1.0.14 just killed grem's strategy as far as I can tell...

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Um, no? I don't have maxed talisman, and I have permafreeze right of the bat - 12-19 sec(15,5 average) with 13,3 cd.
Eventually WoE would wear off even e200 monsters, even without venom shrine, so I still don't see problems with it, other than tediousness (and monsters with "heal all". *shrug).

Poghy
Poghy
27 posts
Shepherd

Permafreeze + WoE + shrines might solve the e200 hp monsters in a few hours but there is another line in the patch notes:

"If there are no more waves to come, shadows get much more aggressive"

I havent tested it but im pretty sure it makes WoE/shrine strategy useless.

Showing 16-30 of 40