ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Time for me to go infinite. (question topic)

40 12883
ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

I'm currently wizard level 190 with 255 skillpoints from achievements and enough shadow cores to initiate a maxed-trait Haunting run, finishing the regular map then going as far as I can in endurance. I wanted to beat the game normally and get some of the level-specific achievements before doing this, and the time's finally come. That being said, I have a few questions about this...

-How should I allocate my skill points?
-What map should I play on?
-I've read something about RWO for farm gem, RWY for kill gem, RWB in between, all in traps for the setup. Is there some sort of optimal setup for this, or should I just wing it?
-How do I fit a tower gem into this setup in order to take out shadows and other "flying ones"?
-Amplifiers. Yes? No? Only on the tower?
-What should my angering pattern look like? I'm a bit wary of using grade 1s to anger because of what usually happened when I did that in Labyrinth, but I don't think I can afford to anger with any other grade until I get my wizard level up.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

• 40 Replies
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Gotta agree, only bad part is now WoE won't be instant cast.

See, max hp loss from WoE is 70%(100 rarity frag inner frag, all with +10% health loss)

So new thingy is, for example, with 1E200 hp-

First Venom- This will do 5E199 hp over 60 seconds.

1x WoE brings E200 to 3E199

1x WoE brings 3E199 to 9E198

1x WoE brings 9E198 to 2.7E198

5E199 / 60 = 8.3E197 per second. With WoE reduce heal, and healing generally around E60ish(?), it will kill in a grand total of 4 ingame seconds. Woot! Without a single blades shrine.

Downside- Monsters get banished. Can't be helped.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Well finished my run, 127B base xp, 8.885 trillion xp....only from level 2818 to 3142...sob. Pathetic, really.

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

I think I need to mention this again... I'm level 200. Not 2800, or whatever psychotic level you guys are at. I CANNOT permafreeze.

That being said, should I level normally until I can, or is there another possible way to do this?

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Calling wave early recharges spells and shrines. You can call - freeze - use shrines. You wouldn't beat EVERY wave, but you can get enough exp for +100 levels easily.

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

@Poghy. 50% of max hp after shrine of venom, -70% after woe = dead shadow. they still don't regenerate. you can wait under pause until they reach position for venom shrine, so wave wouldn't end.

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

I think i'm gonna make another playthrought to see how it is with the new updates, and refine a strategy to reach 3k again, if its still possible without excrudiating mana farming.

tsuhatehk
tsuhatehk
20 posts
Scribe

With WoE reduce heal, and healing generally around E60ish(?), it will kill in a grand total of 4 ingame seconds. Woot! Without a single blades shrine.

A cyan shrine can stop healing
3 WoE = 72 in-game sec
3 WoE = 51.2% monsters will survive
Shrine Charging time grows = longer time to freeze

Conclusion: Spend more time to kill huge Monsters with same exp but nearly no levels.

Shorter Conclusion: Time is wasted.
cecilannam
cecilannam
31 posts
Jester

I agree, we need to see a better youtube for or by someone more low level.

Aka, I am level 220... how would you spend skill points, how much to juice monsters, etc.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

and what about monsters, that heal nerby on death by 1e30?

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

I can get decently far in Endurance, although not to wave 100 or anything...however, I can reach decent wave numbers on the earlier fields. Can't get incredibly far, though, because higher difficulty increase in endurance than in GCL's endurance.

Showing 31-40 of 40