ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: perfect corrupted mana shard farm

12 14714
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64607958/perfect%20manashard%20farm.png

It works perfectly gems surrounding are not g1 because of firing speed. Do gem specials have any impact on mana gathered?

Btw, I'm level 366 so maybye it's so nice only becouse of skillpoints...

• 12 Replies
ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

I figured this thing had a use as a mana farm. Nice work.

daniil_sizov_98
daniil_sizov_98
30 posts
Farmer

You should use only pure gems in amplifiers. W and B component has no effect, it just weaken pure gem specials almost by ~40%.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Black does amplify.

Elvenspirit
Elvenspirit
6 posts
Peasant

Mana farmed is reduced over time so I'm not sure how lucrative this may be, these corrupt shards were a giant exploit on release and this is the reason the mana gain was reduced over time. By using an amped crystal you could get insane gem grades extremely fast (the poolbound gem has been nerfed since as well i believe) and was a giant snowball effect.

The question is now - How long do you farm this before it's not worth the return anymore.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

gems aren't weakened here (they fall to minimum dmg fast but amplifier still works) so it probably is an exploit

I amplify by Y/W becouse of damage boost. Mana farmed is not reduced over time i think, have you got any proof?

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

You should use only pure gems in amplifiers. W and B component has no effect, it just weaken pure gem specials almost by ~40%.

The only gem that doesn't work in amplifiers is white. Black does improve bloodbound modifier.
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

zzxxzz, you seem to be good with GC:CS mechanics. What has got influence on mana gained from mana shards (gem damage, firing speed, maybye specials?) from specials multiple damage only, or other too?

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

[update]
Yeah, I've found it. Unfortunatelly, their output lowers with time since 1.(something) version.

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

No idea because I generally ignore mana shards, but I'm pretty sure it's speed and damage only. That means yellow gems are much better at farming than other gems.

I can tell you that shooting a gem does not count as a "hit," so doesn't do anything for black gems...makes me think that orange gems wouldn't get extra mana either then.

For corrupted mana shards: use beam. It does damage per frame (I think) but always does 1 damage at least, so a gem with 1-3 damage/shot will get much more mana from beam than it otherwise would.

ushdugery
ushdugery
2 posts
Peasant

In regards to not using white in amplifiers, with it's poolbound stat boosts white gems have more speed damage and range than any other gem late game.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Poolbound stat only amps dmg and specs? Also, meganecro. RISE FROM DA DEAD.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

what you WANT is to have grade 11's in the amps and a grade 10 in the middle. or something like that.

Showing 1-12 of 12