ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: how to mix colors well

39 10756
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I've done some research about efficiency of mixing colors - what I've found out:

1) red and blue are needed only in minimal quanity, becouse they have cap/scale slowly on higher grades - I use 1/8 of gem for them.
2) white/anything best mix is 2 white and 6 the other one(s)
3) black/anything best mix is 3 black and 5 the other one(s)
4) black overgrows white about g47, so for ultimate (50g) managain and killing gem I use black then, white before.
5) red hits every monster only once, so in front of eg. manatrap you need slowing gem, which will compress monsters going to you

According to this I use following recipes for gems - all g1 crafted by shift+g together:
1) slowing - 2 blue, 2 red, 4 white
2) managain before g47 - 2 white, 1 red, 5 orange
3) managain after g47 - 3 black, 1 red, 4 orange - I usually craft 3 black, 1 red before to get some hits and then craft with same grade orange
4) killing before g47 - 2 white, 1 red, 5 yellow
5) killing after g47 - 3 black, 1 red, 4 yellow - I get some kills on 3 black, 1 red same as with the managain

I think I've helped you a bit

• 39 Replies
cecilannam
cecilannam
31 posts
Jester

Nice, but how did you get to level 2200? Did you mass advance some lower levels, if so, how?

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

It's all about mass bombing first 200 waves (to 10e21 HP) on hardest traits and haunting on some late field. And very, very strong PC. Never gone endurance though.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

About amplifiers: put g52 gem with some black in trap and amplify it with 6 g48 black gems. See what happens with multiplier, it's awsome

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Better yet farm some hits with them. Although now come to think of it, am unsure if it changes anything lol.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

It doesn't change anything.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

There's another thing which annoys me about poolbound: Unlike bloodbound, its multiplier is NOT affected by amplifiers. This makes putting white in amplifier gems absolutely useless. Bloodbound's multiplier, however, IS affected by adjacent amplifiers whose gems have some black component. Pure black is best for increasing the multiplier. What's better is that this also indirectly amplifies all other components of the attacking gem.

Like I said, the best combo in this game is red-yellow-black.

Ledrias
Ledrias
101 posts
Peasant

One important thing to note is how to create dual gems. Adding two grade one's them spamming U is losing about 33% special power.

Optimal creation is a G1 of both, combine, make a G2 of each, add one pure to each dual, combine the G3s, duplicate, and repeat with pure G4s, duplicate the 6, etc.

here is the difference at g34:
Regular creation:
http://prntscr.com/3dgs2c

Special Mix:
http://prntscr.com/3dgs6k

Note that the hit count is the same, and the cost to duplicate is the same. This is a difference of 32.9%, and this difference keeps rising at higher levels. It's only a 16% difference at grade 6. It takes a decent amount of time, but it is worth it at ultimate grades (45+).

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Ledrias it worked, wow nice lol. And....it gets amped by blood even more. C:

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Best of all, if you duplicate the finished specced gem, it has same values C:

This rocks, tyvm. Now onto Grade 100!

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Seriously thanks for discovering this! Omg, I have like +300 blood mod than before, and thus +6 or higher more billion mana per hit. I only added chain until slow was maxed, at G9, and look it is 4K already.

http://i.imgur.com/LPI5mar.jpg

Thank you so much. BTW, do it on amps too, get double boost. With blood, it multiplies even further. Lel!

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Sorry meant an additional 60 billion per hit* lol. Again thx.

Ledrias
Ledrias
101 posts
Peasant

Well, technically the increase is a bit lower, I was comparing mana, which was affected by bloodbound increase. Regardless, it's still a better way of adding to kill gems and mana gems.

This mechanic worked in GCL as well. I discovered this particular version a while ago and I think my post about it just went unnoticed.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Yeah I knew the GCL one too but thought it wouldn't work here. Hehe glad I'm wrong. About the increase- Well if you do it with poolbound(blah) or bloodbound(godlike) then factor in the additional +blood multiplier to multiply all other specials, you get a HUGE +spec percentage. Not to mention it increases speed too, which in turn makes it faster to gain hit levels, which means even more amplification. And all before amps who are specced too....they double or more the blood per hit level, which doubles the spec gained, etc etc.....not to mention doubling speed too(with 4 amps 2 grades lower).

All in all I think it's about a x6 to x8 multiplier in mana gained.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I have to think about doing it with 3 colors and some proportions, it would be awesome

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

3 colors? Why? Only need orange black. Slow maxes ridiculously early, chain is for me at 17K when base is like 40. No need lol. I only have 11.5K monsters on screen atm, and that's with angering to like E29-E31 hp so they have no chance of dying.

Showing 16-30 of 39