ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: how to mix colors well

39 10757
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I've done some research about efficiency of mixing colors - what I've found out:

1) red and blue are needed only in minimal quanity, becouse they have cap/scale slowly on higher grades - I use 1/8 of gem for them.
2) white/anything best mix is 2 white and 6 the other one(s)
3) black/anything best mix is 3 black and 5 the other one(s)
4) black overgrows white about g47, so for ultimate (50g) managain and killing gem I use black then, white before.
5) red hits every monster only once, so in front of eg. manatrap you need slowing gem, which will compress monsters going to you

According to this I use following recipes for gems - all g1 crafted by shift+g together:
1) slowing - 2 blue, 2 red, 4 white
2) managain before g47 - 2 white, 1 red, 5 orange
3) managain after g47 - 3 black, 1 red, 4 orange - I usually craft 3 black, 1 red before to get some hits and then craft with same grade orange
4) killing before g47 - 2 white, 1 red, 5 yellow
5) killing after g47 - 3 black, 1 red, 4 yellow - I get some kills on 3 black, 1 red same as with the managain

I think I've helped you a bit

• 39 Replies
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

OK, you are right.

Sanwah
Sanwah
2 posts
Blacksmith

Ok Ledrias ad thunderrider, I may not have understood what was going on with the 33% loss of power when pressing 'U'. Could you please do a little commented video about it thunderrider, or Ledrias if you have a youtube channel, I'm pretty sure it'd help a lot of people in the Gemcraft community.

What I understood from that and what I apply, is the fact that duping a gem then combining it with it's duplicate is more powerful than simply pressing 'U'. I couldn't measure by how far given I didn't want to waste whatever mana costs a G52 gem, but it's would have been biased since my manafarm gem had a bloodbound component.

seanhates
seanhates
41 posts
Scribe

here is a video highlighting the technique and difference from the traditional way we create combined gems:

http://youtu.be/CVeKk9NRU6s

Unfortunately the mechanism isn't obvious to me. Why is this so much more powerful than doing it the normal way?

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Somebody posted on reddit mechanics of mixing; if you mix it this way numbers just multiply faster.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Anyway to make it multiply even faster? lel.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

When I'll have some time I'll make a small computer model and check whether it can be done better. But in 2 weeks or more...

Sanwah
Sanwah
2 posts
Blacksmith

Thanks thunderrider, I see it now, I just missed the part where you actually have to add some pures to the duplicates

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

When you mix 2 gems, resulting special become the sum of (rude numbers) 0.8 of higher special + 0.7 of lower. So, if you mix pure + dual, you would get
0.8A+0.7*0.5A=1.15A. If you simply uprade - 0.8*0.5+0.7*0.5=0.75A

seanhates
seanhates
41 posts
Scribe

makes sense Gremlion, thanks.

Some people have asked about making quad gems, so I made a video that was posted to another thread. May as well have it here too:

http://youtu.be/Y9KJ4C8jfe0

Showing 31-39 of 39