ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Stuck on V4

7 4932
zeemeerman2
zeemeerman2
2 posts
Nomad

I can't seem to beat field V4. No matter how I rethink my strategy, I always seem to be zerg-rushed at the last wave, or depending on strategy, a few waves before.

I placed dual gems in the default towers, I built new towers next to the gem, I placed traps with poison, I upgraded one gem to level 6 while the two others to level 4, I upgraded three gems to level 5, I leveled 5 towers to level 4..
It's starting to get frustrating. And I can't just level a bit and come back, since it's a fixed minigame.

Can anyone give me some help, please?

Thank you in advance.

• 7 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Please post in the general thread instead of making a new one.

In the meantime, I suggest clumping a bunch of poison traps in one spot and freezing them on top. If you have any leftover gems around the map, combine them and bring them over to this spot.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Or you could do it the same way you do it in Labyrinth, which is what I did: Place dual gem in prebuilt middle tower, watch monsters die. Problem is, you gotta hope to god you don't get a high-level shadow. That happens, you're good as dead.

zeemeerman2
zeemeerman2
2 posts
Nomad

I didn't know there was a general thread. It's not stickied or anything, so I just assumed there wasn't any. If you could link me the thread, I'm happy to ask it there again, if you'd like.
My apologies for this.

I retried it a couple of times now, still can't finish it. It is buffed recently or so?
I looked closely to the shadow; it always seems to be a level 7 shadow, no matter the retry.

The monsters seem to be too strong at the end waves. I can't upgrade my gems on time to prepare against the monsters. Or I might be able to upgrade one gem with no margin left, the shadow spawns a few flying enemies, and I'm dead due to no margin of mana left.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Shadows don't spawn flying enemies. The least they can do is spawn spawnlings...which are weak.

DarthMohawk1
DarthMohawk1
19 posts
Nomad

V4 is probably the hardest of the vision fields since as far as I can tell there's no "cheap" way of beating it. My suggestions would be: try to anger most of the early, 'easier' waves one or two times (as many as you can do without letting monsters through to the orb) so you have more mana before the shadow arrives. To stave off the shadow's projectiles, build about three towers near your orb, put g2 duals into them and set them to "flying ones". If you can get your attack gem to grade 6 or 7 before the end of the waves, you're probably set.

Also remember you can build amplifiers in V4! It took me a few fails before I noticed that; amping an attack gem with 3 or 4 others will give it a significant boost to power and reach..

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Here. It probably should be stickied, but people tend to ignore those too, for some reason.

urbandude823
urbandude823
2 posts
Shepherd

Awesome, my first GemCraft post!

Use your amplifiers to your advantage. Also, shadows tend to move around across the screen, so I think if you have one or two gems that are amplified in addition to have several gems that are placed evenly throughout the level, then it might be easier.

So in other words, spread your gems out. Every moment that a shadow isn't being attacked, their hp replenishes. If you can get past wave 19 with the shadow and kill all the regular monsters, then I would just move your gems strategically.

Showing 1-7 of 7