ForumsGamesChasing Shadows for mere mortals

37 9679
Vammatar
Vammatar
7 posts
Peasant

Are you frustrated with this game?
Are you fed up with guides written by people who have a gazillion wizard levels and exploited the bugs to reach a level you can't possibly reach in a month of Sundays?
Do you want advice on levels where you want to mana farm but your efforts net you mana of 23 every fortnight?
Looking for straight-forward advice on how to progress?
Then this is the place for you.
Post me your current stats and wish list and I will give you a realistic guide to help you out.
No showing off, no strategies you couldn't possibly achieve, just real life advice you CAN use.
Lets start a forum for the rest of us 'normal' people.

• 37 Replies
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Exploits? Excuse me?!

Manafarming is perfectly legit, tyvm.

Also, I have written a messy but informative though slightly outdated guide for levels 80-160 on how they might achieve high levels.

It is in the game walkthrough forum, and on the kongeegate GCL forum thread titled GC:CS Advice(Kong username Takiza).

My advice is proven to work, as someone at level 148 followed my advice and jumped from 148 to 173 to 276 to 335, interlude to 362, then 362 to 576. Furthermore, someone followed my advice and went from level 51 to level 201 by improvising for his level. It is WHOLLY possible.

Therefore, I take huge offense to your ridiculous exploit statement.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

i am wizzard level 80 now and still can't beat the P and R fields.
what is wrong ? must i buy the magicians pouch ?
i am logged in but when i click on the "Get the magicians pouch" button
nothing happens. can i pay with paysave when the button would work ?
and where can i find this guide ?

this game is so dam hard but you can't stop trying ....

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Also, on a new save file, I have reached level 41 by ONLY playing in the F textile. Two traits and five skills. Completely possibly to make large jumps as early as level 10. I gained 32,000 xp on F1 at level 10 and jumped to level 21.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

The guide is for premium. After I finish my F hextile challenge,I will play on local and do my best to make a MF guide for non premium...

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

i normally use the wave trait and the mana trait (where you have to wait until the mana is added to your pool) and normally use only the create, beam, bolt and mana gain skill.

so if you play on f1 with the two mentioned traits do you raise them as high as possible (up to level 7 i could do) ?

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

could still someone answer my question regarding the magicians pouch ?

and regarding the F fields, is that possible at level 80 (full raised traits) ?

and what is premium ?

this game rocks - and gives you pure frustration sometimes ....

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Premium is the pouch. Someone on GC2 CS comments gave me grief for being one, sadly.

Anyway, well for my F textile only challenge I only have haste and orblets. Level 41 from that IMO is quite gold, and I've only done 3 fields(w/traits).

Dunno about the pouch. Sorry.

Vammatar
Vammatar
7 posts
Peasant

Hi thunderrider, thanks for the reply.

A little confused at the tone however. I'm certainly not decrying your or anyone elses guides or advice.

The 'exploit' I mentioned was simply a reference to the situation that existed following release where Poolbound and orb bombing allowed huge jumps in wiz level that was quickly nerf'd by an update.

Some of the postings could have been viewed as 'showing off'.

As for taking 'HUGE' offense?

Come on my friend.

It's not life threatening, it doesn't involve the kidnap of schoolgirls by Nigerian militants and it's certainly not a threat to your perceived, undoubted stature in this world.

Let's retain a little perspective, shall we?

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Oh. I thought you were calling pre 1.015 exploits xD. Orb damage oh yes that was a problem. Poolbound...it got nerfed by being like what Blood is today? OK lol.

Vammatar
Vammatar
7 posts
Peasant

Best buddies again and life is good.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Hides my 3k level status in fear of repercussion.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

where the **** can i purchase the pouch ?
i don't know how some people get gem grades 60+ and millions of mana points.
how did you get there ?

the highest gems i have created so far were grade 7. and i am wizzard level 80.
my initial mana (depending on the skill settings) is between 2500 and 3000.

so if i read some of the posts i think: what a lousy beginner am i ?
(and i have beaten the previous gemcraft games without ever reaching zillions of mana or hitpoints.)

what is the trick ?
this so called mana farming also doesn't work. you have to use more mana for creating traps and higher level orange gems than you ever get back.
also i need mana for the towers and more gems to fill them ....

Vammatar
Vammatar
7 posts
Peasant

Hi Smario

This is precisely the reason I instigated this forum.

It is very frustrating to read some forum posts and simply not understand how to reach the levels of 'expertise' that some people seem to find so easy.

So, 1 thing at a time.

The pouch is easiest to purchase through the Armor games site using one of the accepted payment methods.

It is currently unavailable via any other method.

To be honest, at level 80, premium is not a must have, you can still progress quite nicely without it.

What matters more at this level is trying to maximise your Talisman to give you more initial mana with a boost to damage against Giants if you can manage it.

Mana farming at this point is never going to repay the cost, you will certainly never reach the 20 gazillion mana every split second that some of our erstwhile fellow gamers love to post on Youtube.

You are NOT a lousy beginner, you are a normal gamer, with the same frustrations we all faced at one time or another, who gets a little frustrated at the lack of good old fashioned, usable advice.

So, where now?

Tell me your available skill points, a quick run-down of your Talisman and which level you would like to beat and we'll start with a decent strategy for beating maps at this level.

You won't get grade 60+ gems, you won't get millions of mana and you won't have an instant back-stage pass to level 3500 but you might just learn a few tips to make the long journey more bearable.

callmeishmael
callmeishmael
57 posts
Nomad

Look, I'm not afraid to grind. I've gone from start to Wizard lvl 1000 twice in GCL. CS is looking like too much of a grind even for me. I'm at Wizard lvl 41 and I've uncovered 9 hexes. Still no amplifiers, starting mana is still laughably small. Crank up the Battle Traits? Umm, not so much because the lack of ability to generate mana means that the already startlingly steep increases in monster strength means that I"ll be lucky to last very long in Endurance.

Yes, I bought the Wizard Pouch right at the start. I did that because I want to support the developer. I believe that he has some great games in him. This just isn't one of them.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I can beat the game in 2 days with no grinding and not going into the endurance. If you don't want to grind, just instead of calling waves early anger them by g1 to armor at least equal your killing gem min damage - it gives you giant ammount of addidtional XP and mana, where this last one allows you to upgrade your gems and anger even more.

There is no amplifiers till J4 field, BTW. They are rather late game stuff.

Showing 1-15 of 37