ForumsGamesChasing Shadows for mere mortals

37 9669
Vammatar
Vammatar
7 posts
Peasant

Are you frustrated with this game?
Are you fed up with guides written by people who have a gazillion wizard levels and exploited the bugs to reach a level you can't possibly reach in a month of Sundays?
Do you want advice on levels where you want to mana farm but your efforts net you mana of 23 every fortnight?
Looking for straight-forward advice on how to progress?
Then this is the place for you.
Post me your current stats and wish list and I will give you a realistic guide to help you out.
No showing off, no strategies you couldn't possibly achieve, just real life advice you CAN use.
Lets start a forum for the rest of us 'normal' people.

• 37 Replies
smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

i know about the zoom out function, but still it's hard to find fields for replay
after some time ............

on the F fields i made between 47.000 and 50.000 xp, but only with haste and mana lock maxed on the easiest fields, otherwise ===> R.I.P. glaring of course

and i want the premium content, but the buttons don't work ?

callmeishmael
callmeishmael
57 posts
Nomad

and i want the premium content, but the buttons don't work ?

Which browser are you using? Chrome and Firefox both work. If you have pop up blocking turned on try turning it off while you order.
smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

thanks, problem solved.
i just rush through the L fields.

peanuts compared to P and R .....

vahetpole
vahetpole
2 posts
Peasant

Okay, I need some help.

Some stats: lvl 96, 885 free skill points, and the amulet effects are at the following link: http://gyazo.com/288bdcce4f5bf380c710b3ab0e135dbc

Also, I don't have the pouch(no endurance and red gem skill).

So I have been struggling and slowly completing the later gems, but the field X2 is straight up impossible for me. I have been trying some different tactics and the furtherst I got was near wave 40 I think.

So, should I just grind more xp or is it doable now with some strategies?

fission12
fission12
63 posts
Jester

Magician's Pouch isn't needed to become a level 1000+ GC CS player. If anything, Magician's Pouch is less needed to attain a high level than in labyrinth. In Labyrinth, manafarm for non-premiums is only possible on the crafting pylons; manafarms on other maps only tended to pick up on the last few waves and did not make much of a difference.

I was about level 130-140 when I finally made a successful manafarm. However, it only took off around wave 80-90 (going from grade 12-18 in a few waves). This gain was good enough for me to do a more dedicated attempt, which had a manafarm that took off in the 35th wave or so.

The only things you cannot do as a non-premium is do a successful manafarm on every map (very annoying). Plus, your bloodhound/poolbound gems will always be much worse, since you cannot upgrade them. Other than that, I don't see why endurance is nice, as I get bored around wave 100 anyway.

So, Magician's Pouch is awesome, but is clearly not a necessity for being a higher level player. Sure, I may not be level 4000, but I haven't finished leveling up. With that being said, if you are serious, you should buy the Magician's pouch. Not having one is a burden, but it is an interesting experience as well...

vahetpole
vahetpole
2 posts
Peasant

Thanks for your answer. I wil indeed buy the pouch, but I want to see how far I get without it first and if the game is beatable for me on a non-premium account. It might be pretty slow and annoying, but unless I stall for many days, make 0 progress and get fed up with the difficulty, I will try to go on without buying anything.

I agree, it is an interesting experience and of course, it's not for everyone.

callmeishmael
callmeishmael
57 posts
Nomad

Quick Update:

Using the tips provided by ArchlordPie, thunderrider, and psorek and adapting them to my then-current Wizard lvl 40 I began a round of playing F1-F6. By the end of that I was getting well over 100K EXP each time and I'm now at Wizard lvl 65.

Thanks, guys!

Showing 31-37 of 37