ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: The Quest Begins

19 4249
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

I have finally maxed my skills, so I will now be making my final go for Grade 102.

Wish me luck.

This thread will be like a diary/journal chronicling every day of the Quest. Lots of pictures will be here, and gemcraft-maniac stuff.

• 19 Replies
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Day 1: The Path of Slow Death and Life-Sapping

Date: 5/26/2014

http://i.imgur.com/FJQxm3R.jpg

The Quest Begins....on a lonely path in the middle of the Land of Demonkind.

Our lonely adventurer, Takiza, sets up for the long night...a path to delay monsters...to set them all up for bait.

Dies irae ventus...in die missus est

The day of wrath has come...the die has been cast.

Feeling rage come upon him, as day turned to night, Takiza threw his anger at the monsters lurking in the dusk, enraging them to the height of extreme. Nothing can destroy these beasts, with adamantine armor, they number 3,996, with their armor rating at E32....

Having at long last mastered the mysterious power of the frigidus spell, he waits, to draw the Forgotten to him at long last...

For he is from the deorum consilium of GemCraft, and nothing, nothing, can stop him.

Monsters march to their doom, as the Light-born wizard will entrap them, summoning the hatred of the Forgotten, to lure her to her doom.

It has been foretold...

~tertio modo gemma et numerus, non est in Oblivione delendum~

2,458 years ago, the great Athenian Oracle, heir to Apollo, made the prophecy that will ultimately bring the Forgotten down...

The time has come - May Fortuna be with us.

~Takiza~

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Day 1 - Part 2

The Crafting of the Gem Thrice Numbered, has begun...

http://i.imgur.com/50MdzIT.jpg

It will take many months, but soon, the Forgotten will be destroyed at last!

This very gem, will be the one to destroy her, I can feel it. It must be the prophecy...

No time to waste! Bring it on!

~Takiza~

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Day 1 - Part 3

The Gem Thrice Numbered's crafting is coming along nicely.

http://i.imgur.com/wYic64v.jpg

I have set up the Useless Replicas of the Gem Thrice Numbered(Only 3 can exist per Millennium, and after each millennium, all gems crafted during that time become void of power) to farm the blood of my enemies, to empower the creation of the Final Gem, the Seventh of its Kind.

May the Gods be with me - This will not be easy, I feel Her stirring from wherever she is currently hiding already - I will need to act fast to delay her.

~Takiza~

gberwick
gberwick
9 posts
Nomad

So where are you at, since yesterday? :-)

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

I have restarted because of V1.017 which according to psorek(& I trust him) trap speed is uncapped now...

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

come to IRC, let's talk

gberwick
gberwick
9 posts
Nomad

I really like the idea that you share your statuts live with us. Looking forward to your next challenge

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

crazy i tell you ....

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

IM NOT CRAZY, NOOB. LOL NOOB.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

lets put that story on a more secure footing, shall we?

(warning: SPOILERS BELOW.)

The wizards who summoned demons were not complete fools. They had designed a gem that could hold any demon they were capable of summoning. but they made two big mistakes: they took a partially complete gem of eternity and used it to summon a demon, weakening the Gem of Holding in the process...and so the forgotten was able to break out in seconds, outright shattering the Gem of Holding in the process.

Only one Gem of Holding could exist at a time, and it was renewed with every demon summoning, and the old one destroyed in case it had any residual taint. We know it now as the Gem of Eternity.

Their second mistake was not telling their descendants to destroy the replicas every time a new gem was created.

The forgotten beheld the spirit forge, and craved its power. To her dismay, the spiritforge proved to be one of two forces capable of stopping her-the other being a complete gem of eternity.

so she laid her plans over centuries...millenia...

But she was not the only one to lay plans over large scales of time. the great Athenian oracle, heir to Apollo, planned out the Forgotten's destruction with a method inspired by the forgotten's own plans.

"The power of fire shall unite with the power of darkness; the power of cold shall unite with the power of hot hatred, and thus all together shall create a gem Thrice numbered. When all 7 are in place, then shall the unkillable be destroyed. "

Each time the forgotten has been unsealed, a gem of eternity has been created.

Each time, wizards scrambled desperately for old lore that might hint at a way to destroy her.

Each time, they found the prophecy, and managed to create a single gem Thrice Numbered before the re-sealing of the forgotten removed her monsters from the world...

7 gems of eternity have been created. Now, the 7th Gem Thrice Numbered must be created.

borthelcash
borthelcash
104 posts
Peasant

It took me far too long to understand what "Thrice Numbered" meant.

It was 3 digits represending the gem grade.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

No no no fractal, this is MY story. Should've clarified - No one can edit it. It's mine & mine only. No offense intended, but this is my thread.

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

AND THEN A WILD INTERNET TROLL APPEARED AND SAID

"Oops my mistake, carry on."

rangedfighter
rangedfighter
18 posts
Peasant

"GANDAAAAAAAAAALF"
"run you fools"

Altwing
Altwing
23 posts
Scribe

So this is what we have so far: "One day there was a guy named Thunderrider. He played Gemcraft: CS. It was grand and glorious."

Showing 1-15 of 19