ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: graphics needed

50 7144
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Hey, I write gemcraft extreme guide. Thing I need now is nice and readable graphic representation of my combining methods. I posted methods here:
link

@Ahuizotla: I'm counting on you but please, make it several times bigger like 1800-2000 px wide

It's work of guy mentioned line above, for now the best option I know about.
nice scheme

PS
Link to sketch of the guide if you care
here

• 50 Replies
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I added link to sketch of the guide. Feel free to comment there of you think that anything could be improved

splejx
splejx
1 posts
Peasant

I dont get it. 1+1 = 1+6 = 1+1,7...etc? why are there green gems? poison?
an explanation would be cool.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Square size is gem grade. Orange gems are pure orange, black pure black, green mixed o/b - not poison.
You read it wrong it isn't 1+1=1+6=1+1,7 but 1+1=6; 1+6=7, 1+7=8 and these corner squares are just gems you've mixed in before.

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

As Ahuizotla said he might not have too much time and found the representation not so easy to understand, I've played around a bit and got this (32-killgem):

http://i60.tinypic.com/r70qig.jpg

What do you think of it?
Edit: There's a mistake, I just realised (second line from top, the result would be a G4 so I would have to change the order of combining there)

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

like that it should be ok
http://i62.tinypic.com/qn1pxf.jpg

I tried to make it possible to always combine from left to right. I thought that might result in less complexity. Not sure if I was right about it ... - feel free to comment

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

it's great hand-mate or you used some program?

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

noway, not handmade
I made it with adobe illustrator .... nice that you like it. Shall I try for the other ones too, then? For the 16-combine it will be less obvious, as the silhouettes won't be able to represent the actual G-value. But I could play around a bit, it's fun.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

nice one, but where is the g2 r/b on the left side ?

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

hm, I wanted to suggest to replace the G2B on the bottom right by the G2RB.
But that probably doesn't work anymore after v 1.0.15

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

This would be the 32 Managem with R in it. Didn't really think too long about where would be the best place to put it in .... - psorek? Did you calculate that or doesn't it matter too much?

http://i58.tinypic.com/3127myq.jpg

callmeishmael
callmeishmael
57 posts
Nomad

Thank you for your excellent work, cronos51! For some reason I could not make sense of previous explanations of psorek's method of combining gems. Your diagram has made it clear to me.

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

Nice to hear, callmeishmael....

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

It doesn't matter too much, with so nice schemes we can combine red in this way

Ahuizotla
Ahuizotla
10 posts
Nomad

Nice work

May I suggest to move 7 (B/Y-scheme) and 10 (B/Y/R-scheme) to the left (ie. '12=7+...' and '13=10+...'? It would avoid to have two different '2's on the field at the same time if you follow the orders step by step (fewer sources for messing the thing up ).

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

now noone can say he does not get the formula. really good work.
i still don't know why the gems get so much better, but i played a game
were i created a grade 5 gem out of 3 g4s (R,Y,B) and after upgrading to
grade 9 it had something like 25% chance of 5 damage* (or so) while when
creating with psoreks(?) method using 8y g1s, 6b g1s and 2r g1s (the 16 gem method) for the first g5 the later grade 9 gem had 80% chance of 12x damage (i don't recall the exact numbers). impressive. could also have been grade 10, but the difference is enormous anyway.

* only talking about critical hit here

Showing 1-15 of 50