ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: graphics needed

50 7148
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Hey, I write gemcraft extreme guide. Thing I need now is nice and readable graphic representation of my combining methods. I posted methods here:
link

@Ahuizotla: I'm counting on you but please, make it several times bigger like 1800-2000 px wide

It's work of guy mentioned line above, for now the best option I know about.
nice scheme

PS
Link to sketch of the guide if you care
here

• 50 Replies
cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

@Ahuizotla, thanks for the comment. That's possible, yes. It would need brackets then, as you couldn't simply combine from left to right. For ROB the line would be 13 = 10 + (2 + 1).
I did it this way to avoid the use of brackets, have 'combine from left to right' working all over and make it more intuitively readable (which applies to several other lines, the first and the last one, too, for exemple).

I could easily change that. If I would, it should probably be changed all over the scheme - the result would be quite different. It would be nice to get some more opinions before I do it ....

I did two versions for the 16-combine mana and killgems, too. The first would, in a way, involve upgrading, the second wouldn't / would less. It's really difficult visualizing that with the goal of simplyfying:
http://i60.tinypic.com/izsrrl.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/2ni6zit.jpg

Comments are welcome...

gberwick
gberwick
9 posts
Nomad

Men, you rule!!!

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

cronos, in your laterst graphic, were are the gem colours ?

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

i must say i think the graphic on top of this page is far better.

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

On top of the page is the 32-spec that you do only once - 'method 1'. This one is 'method2', its for upgrading the gems that are the results of 'method 1'. To have colours here, it would need two versions. That's possible. But I don't know if it really makes sense...

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

oh, my mistake then.

btw regarding my post about the difference to "normal" creation it seems
i don't get the high critical numbers (80% chance of 12x damage or higher)
now without giving some points to the gem skills, too. must test it.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

still not finished the field, but the results so far are definitive:

grade 7 RYB 55% of 5.51 x damage.
that you would never achieve when just combining a grade 5 RYB out of
3 grade 4 gems from start.

so my skill setting has now a little bit less fusion and manastream and some
points for red, yellow, black skills.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

still the waves keep coming but just upgraded the first gem to grade 10:
80 % to deal x 15.36 damage !!!

this combining method from start really makes the gems stronger.
(lazy as i am i just upgraded the first grade 5, otherwise the results would be still better ...)

it seems 80% is the highest % rate. but 4 out of 5 shots deal 15.36 x damage.
that is surely enough.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

L 6 finished. 4 grade 10 gems for the final waves, each with 80% chance of 14-15x damage. now even the giants are a piece of cake. the 16 gem method for the first grade 5gem is the best i have learned here so far.
but i still don't know why the resuling gems are so much better ....

skills:
true colours 24
fusion 15
mana stream 15
resonance 24
R, B, Y 12 each

Ahuizotla
Ahuizotla
10 posts
Nomad

It would need brackets then, as you couldn't simply combine from left to right. For ROB the line would be 13 = 10 + (2 + 1).
Oh my ... sorry. I totally overlooked that.
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

@cronos51: Make final versions of all 4 schemes with red added like you did for both 32-spec methods, but replace yellow and orange - not black. Then I will add them to the guide and you of course to the credits list

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

but i still don't know why the resuling gems are so much better

The basic concept is simple enough: when performing simple upgrades, a certain amount of power (each stat is handled seperately) is lost. during supergemming, the &quotower lost" is primarily applied to the weaker gem. Because the gem is both weaker and cheaper, less total power is lost per mana point spent...provided the weak gem is not too much weaker.

Firerate, of course, takes a nosedive, but since firerate hurts fps, it's not that big a loss.
smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

so next time i duplicate the grade 5, create a black and a yellow grade 5, combine them with the 2 grade 5 RYBs and get even stronger grade 6 gems.
thanks for explaining. you guys helped me to stay with the game ...

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

edit: stronger grade 7s of course ....

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

32-spec MANA
http://i59.tinypic.com/dh7gwy.jpg

Showing 16-30 of 50