- 3 Replies
The thread title contains 4 different schools of thought. To avoid having to explain each individually (although you should probably know them anyway), here's a link.
For the thread, I'd like you to discuss the answers to these questions:
-Which school of thought is the most beneficial to humans?
-Which school of thought is the most objective?
-Which school of thought is the most subjective?
-Which school of thought is the most important?
-Which school of thought do people tend to practice most?
-Which school of thought tends to be the most controversial?
And any questions you think are fine, of course. Now, go! Discuss for my enjoyment!
Note: Gestalt, the final school in "The Big 5", was not included because it doesn't compare well to the rest.
1) None are most beneficial to humans. They all focus on something to the point of excluding valid areas of other ideas.
2) Behaviorism is the most objective. You only look at what is happening.
3) Humanism is the most subjective.
4) For the same reason as number one, none are the most important. The least important one though is probably psychoanalysis, which is a lot of self important bullcrap the majority of the time.
5) Psychoanalysis, go figure.
6) Psychoanalysis, again, go figure.
You need to use them all in combination in general, although some are more suited to specific scenarios. For example, psychoanalysis is more important for subjects who are less likely to be making conscious decisions.
1. Those "schools" of psychology literally look at someone's psychology and come out with very different conclusion and theories. So, in my opinion asking which is more important is like asking which human extremities is the most important, so there is nothing more important than others
2. in my opinion, Structuralism is the most objective. you only look at what comprises someone's psychology.
3. In my opinion, Psychoanalysis is the most subjective, as it seems to give a lot more varied answer to the same subject regarding it's psychology.
4. None are more important than others, the question itself would be equivalent to asking which sides of an orange is more beautiful. likewise, none are more "useless" than others, because they literally interact with each other
5. i don't really know which ones people tend to practice the most, as no one had created an undeniable statistic ,but if i had to guess it would be behaviorism.
6. in the link, obviously the most controversial is psychoanalyst, but my gut feeling told me it was Functionalism, so i'm a bit divided on the moment
You must be logged in to post a reply!
We strive to deliver the best gaming experiences on the internet and on your mobile phone. Play thousands of free online games, get access to free mmorpg games, online rpg games, fun online flash games, and more.
We offer free flash games in many different genres: online shooting games, online puzzle games, online war games, free online car games, free online hidden object games and dozens more.
This is the best place on the web to play online games for free! No matter what game style you prefer, we've got it here.
Want to advertise on Armor Games? Send us a note!
Gaming websites, passionate bloggers, and quirky streamers are welcome to share or review our games. If you need game keys, art, trailers, screenshots or more check out our press kit website.
Game developer? Visit developers.armorgames.com to request AG developer status, find documentation on our APIs, and get access to our development environment. Let's make sweet, sweet games together.
Looking for a publishing partner that can help your app rocket to success? Contact the mobile team to learn more about how we can help!