ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: best browser to play

26 12420
Broke007
Broke007
1 posts
Nomad

What browser do you use to play Gemcraft CS? It keeps mine IE to fall down, when I play levels with more than 100 waves and manafarm. Which one is the most stable for this game?

• 26 Replies
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I've never had a crash, I use chrome and linux.

jpvr150296
jpvr150296
7 posts
Peasant

I use firefox. I think the main source of lag are the ads that are almost attached to the game.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

1) adblock is your friend
2) not, main source of lag is targetting and chainhitting 3k of monsters.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Ads can be a source of lag, as can having the kiwiirc running in another tab.

The biggest source of lag is having a couple thousand shots/sec tower trying to shoot everything in sight, though.

tom0815
tom0815
20 posts
Nomad

for me most stable and responisve to inputs is using the standalone flashplayer. Log into AG, goto GC:CS page and view the source code.
search for "flashvars", 2 line beneath the first occurence of "flashvars" ist the URL to the game, copy it, append a "?" and append the content of "flashvars". paste this into the open... dialog of the SA-flashplayer...

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

for me most stable and responisve to inputs is using the standalone flashplayer. Log into AG, goto GC:CS page and view the source code.
search for "flashvars", 2 line beneath the first occurence of "flashvars" ist the URL to the game, copy it, append a "?" and append the content of "flashvars". paste this into the open... dialog of the SA-flashplayer..

Huh? Can you try to tell us how to do that more clearly?
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

It's easy, just tried and works

tom0815
tom0815
20 posts
Nomad

im not good at explaining things properly but ill try:
Download the standalone flashplayer:
http://i.imgur.com/RiiTbYI.png

http://i.imgur.com/ETV6M5D.png

search for flashvars
http://i.imgur.com/B6OUksE.png

right click the link in "embed src" and copy link location and paste it into an editor an append a "?"
copy the value of param flashvars and paste it after the "?"
the result should look something like this

http://armorgames.com/files/games/gemcraft-chasing-sha-15760.swf?v=1401484745?gameID=15760&auth_token=YOUR_AUTH_TOKEN&user_id=YOUR_USER_ID

(all in one line, no break)

start the SA-player, click file->open and paste the whole thing. it should start GC:CS with access to your AG save file

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

you can also paste this link as url and enjoy fullscreen gemcraft

callmeishmael
callmeishmael
57 posts
Nomad

tom0815, thank you for the clear explanation and the screenshot. I was able to make GC:CS work in the SA-player on the first go. Being able to run the game in true fullscreen is a blessing (Thank you, too, psorek!).

If it wasn't for all of you bright people sharing your knowledge I'd still be straining my eyes somewhere around Wizard lvl 14.

rangedfighter
rangedfighter
18 posts
Peasant

This should be in the gemcraft sticky definitly

rangedfighter
rangedfighter
18 posts
Peasant

not working for me was this patched ? I'm not stupid either, the link looks exactly like yours

Lanvante
Lanvante
1 posts
Farmer

ctrl +/- (if not working click outside the gameframe)(ctrl 0 is reset)
F11
there is your "fullscreen"
works 4 almost all flash-based-programs...
sometimes the game doesnt expand with the borders...then rightklick in the gameframe and press increase size....if 2 big now press decrease size and it should fit the frame (no black background between outer-game-frame and the game itself)

Baerstein
Baerstein
1 posts
Peasant

YEAH! Thank you! Fullscreen! YES! Thanks alot!

ehop35y
ehop35y
2 posts
Peasant

Followed the instructions :

Downloaded standalone flash player
Did the cut and paste.
Got GC-CS2 to load into flash (without the ads - thanks) BUT;

It wouldn't give me access to my server saved game.

Any ideas?

Showing 1-15 of 26