ForumsThe TavernCultures of the World

9 4130
gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

There are so many different cultures in our world, and we have access to the knowledge on so many of them. What cultures fascinate you the most, and which ones are you most interested in learning about?

• 9 Replies
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Any culture or civilization commonly mentioned in Ancient Aliens, such as the ancient Egyptians, the Maya, the Inca, the Rapa Nui, the Hopi and many others. It would be nice to have some information on these people other than the idea that their accomplishments possibly indicate that they may have had contact with extraterrestrial beings.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

It would be nice to have some information on these people other than the idea that their accomplishments possibly indicate that they may have had contact with extraterrestrial beings

Are you suggesting that we have no other information?
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Are you suggesting that we have no other information?

No, I'm suggesting that I currently have no other information. That's why I would be interested in learning about them.
Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

If I had to choose two cultures to learn about extensively, I would choose the two that make up my main ethnic background, Polish and Puerto Rican. I'm not heavily influenced by either of these cultures, but I might as well learn about the people I come from so that when I have kids of my own, I can tell them where they came from.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

No, I'm suggesting that I currently have no other information. That's why I would be interested in learning about them.

We do have information. Aliens
jeff2241
jeff2241
120 posts
Nomad

irish culture baby. for the same reason arm_candy stated. these are the people i come from.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I am honestly burned out on Ancient Egypt. My sister loves it so I was always dragged to every museum or anything that had Ancient Egypt. Personally I always liked the Greeks, more the mythology though. Norse stuff is pretty cool too.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I really want to learn more about Asian cultures, specifically Chinese, but I also am interested in most things that fall under Asian history. I believe I can speak for most Americans when I say that we are not taught anything about Asia besides what bombs we decided to drop on them. We are introduced to European history, and we are taught about Egyptians and ancient Greece and everything of the sort, but not so much Asian.
I'd love to learn about every different culture and country and history and language, but alas.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I believe I can speak for most Americans when I say that we are not taught anything about Asia besides what bombs we decided to drop on them.

Most maybe, but not all. I remember units on China and India in 6th grade, and 7th grade we studied Imperial China, Medieval Japan, and the history and traditions of Islam, along with a unit on selected African history. European history may have been the most prevalent, but it wasn't the only continent that was taught in-depth in world history. And that was just middle school.

I suppose everyone's school experience is different, though.
Showing 1-9 of 9