ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Game improvement - please discuss it with me

2 1911
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I've thought about surpressing healing gem - it's useless now. How about changing it to "magazine" gem, which could fire a series of shots after some time of idle? It should grow little faster than firerate, let's say 1.25 per grade.

• 2 Replies
Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

I don't actually think it is useless. Instead, I think it is really only of singular use.

Basically, if you are using a tower killgem, and are trying to beat endurance, then having it as part of the slow/chain traps should be useful. If it takes a few seconds to kill a high wave monster in endurance, then having enough hits on enough trap gems to knock a significant amount of regeneration off of the monster can only help. If nothing else, it would speed up kills somewhat, by reducing the regenerated hp that you have to knock off of the monster.

I would imagine it being an alternating chain of black/red/blue and black/red/cyan traps, or perhaps alternating black/red/blue/cyan and black/red/cyan.

Now, I'll admit, using traps and not a tower for my killgem in my farming, I've never really made a serious attempt at beating endurance. The best I'd gotten beaten was in the 500's somewhere. That was when my mana generation (since I am not using the permafarm technique) was not equal to further upgrading my gems, and I got beaten by monster HP. At that point, however, such a trap combination, with a killtower, should have gotten me a bit further along.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

um...

How fast does regen grow compared to HP in the long run?

Only reason you'd really need suppressing for endurance is if you're relying on permafreeze+wake of eternity to do the overwhelming majority of your damage, and have really weak gems.

Showing 1-2 of 2