ForumsWEPR10 Things that WILL get you arrested in America

27 14851
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

10 Things that WILL get you arrested in America.
4. Taking a picture of/videoing a police officer
5. Starting a chant at a public protest
6. Mentioning God in public
7. Shouting the n-word as loud as you can in public
8. Resisting a body cavity search at the airport
9. Smoking in a restaurant
10. Lecturing a police officer about your rights

If you have any suggestions or comments, post. Do not post based on your emotions alone. If you do not live in America, do not post.

• 27 Replies
TerminatorXM214
TerminatorXM214
222 posts
Blacksmith

@Moegreche: He was replying to me.

You have a lot to learn about Dem Uknited Statez Ov Umerika.

I've been a resident all my life, and am attempting to get into law school. I do have a lot to learn, but I'm unlikely to from you.

Ok, try doing a few of those things in public if you think you won't get arrested. And have a fun time getting anally raped in jail by big mean smelly homos.

I have personally done 2 and 6 (whoops now I'm gonna be labelled), and so far I'm fine.

But now, please, I'm surprised this hasn't been asked: Where are you getting this information? Do you have any sources? Or are you spouting things off the top of your head?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

1. Saying anything against Jews

Did you go to high school? Jewish jokes galore

2. Saying anything against homosexuals

So many people would be arrested...

3. Being black

I'll admit there are biases presented by black people when it comes to our judicial system, but being black alone will not cause one to be arrested.

You are aware that you are legally allowed to do this, right?

As Kasic said

"God bless you"
"thank god"
"oh god"
etc

lolno. People don't like it but you can say it all you like

yeah prolly

They'd ask you to put it out, then leave before doing anything..and that's if it is non-smoking.

oh please you can find hundreds of videos with annoying people like this
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Nothing will get you arrested, except being caught for doing something the government says you can't do. :P

Also it's pretty obvious that the OP is spouting random, er, tidbits off the top of his head.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

So I don't go reading into the intent of the OP are these suppose to be things that under the right conditions will get you arrested in all 50 states? Or does the number of states and conditions in which the criteria are met matter?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

So I don't go reading into the intent of the OP are these suppose to be things that under the right conditions will get you arrested in all 50 states? Or does the number of states and conditions in which the criteria are met matter?

It probably doesn't matter. They seem like glaring exaggerations that were meant to be taken as a half-hearted joke with a half-hearted point.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Nothing will get you arrested, except being caught for doing something the government says you can't do. :P

I believe it was the Spartans that had a system of thought like this.
As a Spartan boy, if you were caught stealing and brought to your parents about this, the punishment you received was not due to being caught stealing, but from being caught.
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Really it depends on the officer. If the cop is a jerk then they might just try to find a reason to arrest you. "But what did I do officer?" "Your shirt totally clashes with your shoes, the colors don't work at all." "But that isn't illegal!" "It is when I'm on the job, because I'm *Puts on sweet shades* The fashion police."

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Really it depends on the officer. If the cop is a jerk then they might just try to find a reason to arrest you. "But what did I do officer?" "Your shirt totally clashes with your shoes, the colors don't work at all." "But that isn't illegal!" "It is when I'm on the job, because I'm *Puts on sweet shades* The fashion police."

Ha! I love it. Very funny.

Here's one:
Policeman sees a man carring plastic bags laden with groceries out of a store.

"You're under arrest, Sir!"
"What!? I didn't steal this, I have the receipt, see?"
"Don't care! You choose plastic so you're going to jail!"
"What?"
"Hands behind your back!"

â« The Green Police, The Green Police â«
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Going to take the same view as the majority posting. None of these single-handedly can get your arrested. Depends on the extent, (I.e - #1,2,) - So i'll start with them

If it's an opinion stated not overly anti-semicitcally it won't get you arrested. If you're being extremely prejudice about Jewish people or to a Jewish person, then you may get arrested.

Saying anything against homosexuals

Now this I know won't get you arrested, due to the amount of homophobic comments thrown at me when I lived in America, in front of police officers and the existence of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Being black

Any Black Americans want to clarify they don't get arrested every time they leave their house? I do agree more Black people are targeted randomly than white, but as stated before it does depend on the officer. Some will use their power to live our their sick racism, but most won't and it won't just be for their colour. What if it were a black police officer? Is he going to arrest someone just because they're black?

Some aren't worth mentioning. Policiticans mention God in public and aren't arrested etc.

Shouting the n-word should get you arrested but probably doesn't.
Resisting a body cavity search should get you arrested if you're seen as a threat. If it didn't, surely we'd be welcoming terrorists to be less smart.
Smoking in a restaurant is actually against the law, so thus, of course you would get arrested. It makes sense.

#10.
Lecturing a police officer about your rights

Not unless you're abusive. Had plenty of chats with American cops about rights, mostly a lecture to them, underage and drunk and was simply offered a ride home.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Smoking in a restaurant is actually against the law, so thus, of course you would get arrested. It makes sense.

Usually it's a misdemeanor and results in a fine ($50 in my state, $100 per offence if you do it again within a year), not an arrest.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Rule 31-1 Please tell me that was before TitOL4.

I may need to test Rule 61.

I still don't believe any of those 10 things will get you arrested. Doesn't mean we don't have weird laws.

~~~Darth Caedus

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I'm only jumping in because I find most of these ten things to be absolutely insane.

Can't argue with that.

2. Saying anything against homosexuals

Comedy exists you know.

3. Being black

Depends on what the definition of "black" is. But mostly true.

Yup. They really hate that.

No.

Religion exists you know.

... what part of the country do you live in? I hear that all the time and not a single person has been arrested.

100% true.

That's case specific. Too many variables to say that being arrested is the absolute end result.

I would say yes, but again, too many variables. I've seen people (my self included) who have done it and have not been arrested. You need to really be educated though. If you're assuming you know your rights, yes, you will get arrested.
Showing 16-27 of 27