ForumsForum GamesCreate-Your-Own RPG - The RPG

63 15246
obould
obould
712 posts
Nomad

Hey all, Obould here, not sure if anybody remembers me, but I'm here with an idea for a new RPG. It struck me the other day that I haven't been able to be as creative as I'd like to be, so here I am once again to design beautiful worlds with fantastic people. This is going to need to be a team-effort however, as I want the community to help me design the game before I start it up.

I believe that the players control the game's world more-so than the game-master does, I think that it makes for a better game. So I leave you with a poll. Every few days I shall add another poll for the next element of the game to be implemented. First and foremost, we need a time period for the RPG. Please vote on one of the following basic settings:

- Prehistoric
- Ancient Civilization
- Medieval
- Victorian
- Modern
- Post-Modern (100 or so years in the future)
- The Future (Thousands of years in the future)

Thanks everyone, may we have a fantastic RPG brewing in a week or so!

• 63 Replies
shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

I'm a follower not a leader, streamline is my vote. though I may change it is enough people say open.

obould
obould
712 posts
Nomad

Alrighty, the main storyline will be more streamlined and directed, but outside of that the players will have 'free' roam capabilites. Now, should this be a cooperative RPG or should there be opposition between players?

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

opposition

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

A little bit of both perhaps? Too much opposition and too much cooperation makes things a bit bland. I prefer not knowing who to trust. Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer I suppose.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Agree with rip

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

I also agree with rip and danwar, we need a good balance between the two.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I'm always up for co-op, I prefer it in fact, but a bit of opposition keeps everybody on their toes.

So far I can just imagine this game being a story-driven game of TTT on Gary's mod.

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

Both.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I know the first two has been answered, but:
The future
Streamlined
A mix of both

obould
obould
712 posts
Nomad

Alrighty, so we'll have a bit of both, as that seems to be the consensus. Next up - Should there be an 'endgame' sort of goal that the players are attempting to achieve (Kill X/Obtain X) or should it have more of an open-ended story (No real WIN condition, just playing)?

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

I hate games that just end when it was just getting good so I vote for a slightly open end game, but a game that go's on forever is boring so, when things starts to slow down do a final boss fight.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Open ended, let the players have their own goals but create more so the game doesn't end.

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

Open ended.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

i have to agree with shadow

Showing 16-30 of 63