ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 94168
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level: 2
XP: 1/10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

"I can see that you are new to the city," the man begins. "There is a compound on the far side of the city. It is a gated community. You'll be much safer there, I promise."

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: black hair, scar on his left cheek, 5'11''.
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.
Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo)
Partner: Max
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (90/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/5 12 ga. shotgun shells)

(Wait, I thought that the men were coming from downstairs?)

"I have a few in the master bedroom," I shout to Max. "It's in my closet, in the middle of the hallway, along with some homemade C4 and another pistol. You might need it."

I take off my AR15 from behind my back and wait for the men.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

"How can I trust you? Heh, let me guess, I can't trust you until I get there, right? Well, okay then, lead me to this shelter." I say holstering my weapon. "Be warned, if you try to kill me I will not hesitate to kill you. Right? Good." I say moving toward him.

Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo)
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (90/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/5 12 ga. shotgun shells)

(They are... That's why I said the voice came from downstairs. You are on the first floor.)

You hear heavy footsteps on the stairs, "You sure you want to wait here? I don't even know where to begin looking for the master bedroom!" He says, checking his shell count. He goes into the cover of a doorway that leads into a random bedroom, his shotgun steady in his hands.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"Sad world we live in, huh?" he says. "You can't trust no one no more." He turns to you. "Follow me, and I'll show you to my vehicle."

Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo), Glock 19 (suppressed) (15/0 9 mm ammo)

(So if I'm on the first floor, that means that the bad guys are on the ground floor or on the same floor that I am?)

"It's on the third door to the right!" I shout back. I run to the bathroom. (No, I don't need to use the toilet.) I rummage through one of the drawers until I find what I'm looking for: A suppressed pistol. (I already added it to my inventory.)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I nod and follow him, feeling the air around me to see if I can feel any disturbances in the natural airflow that people would create.

Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo), Glock 19 (suppressed) (15/0 9 mm ammo)

(Ground floor, but they are coming up the stairs now, the stairs this leads right to this hallway.)

You don't hear a response however you do hear someone calling orders, you can't hear what exactly, but you could guess that there are a few armed men in the outside hallway.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

As you walk down the street, you see a single car parked right near a 7-11.
"See that car?" the man says. "It's mine."

It looks like this, except with metal plating on the rear windows.

http://i.imgur.com/I4Pk4GG.jpg

(Ground floor, but they are coming up the stairs now, the stairs this leads right to this hallway.)

I place my Glock in my belt holster and hide in the hallway right before the stairs. Then, I ready my AR15.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I keep following the man, "Whats your name?"

You exit the bathroom and as you open the door it hits off of something mid-swing. A muffled unf is followed right after. Looking into the hallway you see a man mid fall after being hit by the door while two others are searching the other rooms, they have turned and seen you after hearing the door slam into their friend.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"Dawson," he replies. "What's yours?"

I raise my rifle with my right hand and my other hand in the air. "Whoa, guys," I chuckle nervously. "Let's not get too carried away."

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Name: Lance Valentino
Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
Looks: Close shaved haircut, Afghanis-tanned skin, 6'1, 180 pounds, well-toned
Powers: Soul control, shapeshifting.
-----
HP: 50/100
-----
Clothing: Green underwear,(all matte black) Dainese Manis Armored Jacket, Dainese Manis Back protector, Dainese hybrid neck brace, Dainese Kit J E1 knee guards, sarkar WRC900g gloves, sarkar ATLAS shin guards, sarkar ATV (advanced tactical vest), PREDATOR FAST G4 ballistic mask, Rabintex ACH-1 Ballistic Helmet, sarkar Nomex assault jumpsuit
Inventory: Steyr Scout 10/50, Steyr ACR 24/96, Hogue Avenger 7/70
Partner: Sabena/Sab, Pancor Jackhammer 10/58, 1911's x2 7/70, LSW 30/300

I pop him in the chest twice with the ACR.

"Personal affects you keep. Anything of personal value you can keep. Weapons you give up. This is for your own good. I don't want a bunch of machete murders going against possibly an army. I will issue you all out top-quality weapons. Also, democracy is a great way to slow us down and get us killed. If you have a suggestion, bring it to Sabena, and if it isn't too ridiculous, she'll bring you to me. Anyone else?"

I turn to Sabena.

"You are my right hand. I am the leader of the group. I don't care if you call me 'sir' or 'imp daddy' as long as you do your job. I'll keep you safe and ensure that you are taken care of so long as you keep your place."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Sean."

The man on the ground stmbels and lands hard, his gun falling from his hands, while he's scrabbling for it the other two raise their weapons and call downstairs, "Commander we have one of them! We can't find anybody else, are you sure there were two shooters?" You hear heavy boots climbing the stairs, a man arrives upstairs, easily standing at 6 foot 5 inches he is massive. He has a large well maintained black beard with white flecks at the edges, his hair is cut short. Wearing a camouflaged coat with olive green pants and brown work boots he stands their with a single action army in his right hand. "Ah hello good sir. Good to meet you, you have a fine abode here and I think this would be a suitable base for my men, don't you think?"

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"Ah, Sean," Dawson says. "Used to have a son named Sean." He sighs.
"Let's get to the truck. My daughter is waiting inside with her boyfriend."

"Ah yes, good sir," I begin. "Thank you. You see," I say, trying to stall for time while waiting for Max (where is that man?) . "I would let you stay here, but you sir, have forcibly entered into my house. It would be in the best interests if the both of us if you just leave, please."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
-----
-----
Clothing: Green underwear,(all matte black) Dainese Manis Armored Jacket, Dainese Manis Back protector, Dainese hybrid neck brace, Dainese Kit J E1 knee guards, sarkar WRC900g gloves, sarkar ATLAS shin guards, sarkar ATV (advanced tactical vest), PREDATOR FAST G4 ballistic mask, Rabintex ACH-1 Ballistic Helmet, sarkar Nomex assault jumpsuit

Falling to the ground another man with a pistol raises a shaking hand and manages to get two shots off before your guards literally crush him. One hurtels past you and dramatically whipping past your ear into the stairs beside you, before you could find the line of fire of the second shot you hear Sab grunt in pain. Looking over you see that she's holding her right arm tight while bearing her teeth. The other people react in fear and anger, some run, trying to open the door and escape while those with guns start inaccurately missin-*Ahem*-firing at you, their shots going wide. You're guards start taking them out with deadly efficiency. One of you're bots freezes as it's shot through the generator. It's all over within the minuet, bodies are strewn in a tight circle with you're guards covered in arterial blood. You hear a whimper which is suddenly cut off with the squelch and cracking noise of one of you're guards feet coming down on a skull.

Sab is too angry and distraught to be annoyed at you telling her to stay in her place.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Where should I get in? The back or is the front seat free?" I say moving closer to the car. "Sorry for your loss, I never had any kids myself..."

By now the third man has gotten to his feat and his inexperience is showing as his hands are shaking while he's aiming at you. "But you see we-" He's interrupted by the blast of a shotgun tearing through the farthest back man, Max strides out of the room reloading the gun before firing at the second gunman, blasting him apart. The third gunman drops his gun in fear while the man in charge raises his hands. "Seems you've outmaneuvered me... How unfortunate." Max stands close to him and asks, "What are you doing here and who do you work for?"

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"My daughter and her boyfriend are sitting in the back," Dawson replies. "The front seat's free, though." Dawson opens the trunk of the SUV. " You can put your stuff in here if you like."

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)

(Am I supposed to know who the bad guy works for?)

"I do believe that you'll have to speak quick," I say, pointing my rifle at a spot right between the man's eyes.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I turn to Sabena, seething. "You see? THIS is why I don't have people in my castle! THIS is why I keep to myself! Humans are such mindless, pathetic--" I turn to the guards. "Go find and kill that programmer!"
I turn back to her, with a silent look of long suffering.
"You are a great asset to me. You have forgiven my trespasses and have been exceedingly kind."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"I'd rather keep them on me." I say as I check that my sawn-off is loaded, if it's not then I load it and get into the front seat.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)

(Nope.)

"Okay, okay." He says as he puts his revolver into his pocket and puts his hands above his head. Max moves over to him, "Where did you get those trucks?" The man sighs. "We're a military group, laughing coffin is the name. we were sent here to gather resources and capture this as a F.O.B. I'm surprised at how easily you took us out... It's a shame, they were good men..." "There are no more good men in this world!" Max shouts, visibly getting angry now, the shot-gun wavering ever so slightly, the man misses this. "I apologize for whoever wronged you in your past that you thought was a good man." He says with a tinge of sadness in his voice that only you notice. "If we don't return in three days they will send another group to see what's happened, standard procedure." He says, you notice that his body language his ever so slightly changed, you can tell he's planning to leap toward Max.

Showing 316-330 of 502