ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 94022
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean came from a town where guns were more common then cars. He seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level: 2
XP: 1/10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

(Every two levels is fine too.)
(Sorry about the stereotypical mean boyfriend/nice girlfriend characters.)

"We will not settle this here." Dawson says to you and Jake. "You two will settle this as men, at the compound." He turns around and walks towards the car. "Back inside...all of you."

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.
Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo), Glock 19 (suppressed) (7/0 9 mm ammo)
Partner: Max
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (90/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

(Will do.)

"Hey, Max," I shout towards him. "Look who I found."

Name:Jessica
Bio: Jessica was your average girl but she liked to shoot she was pretty tough and loved to do activities like capture the flag and laser tag. She lived in Germany on a flight to America everything went wrong. She is now a shadow mage and accidentidly teloported to the wrong place
Looks: Brown hair with purple highlights in the front one red eye 5'3
Powers: Can teloport and make pacts with the undead
-----
Level: 1
-----
Clothing: Skinny jeans and a purple tank with a nice fitting hoodie
Inventory: N/A
(Where would you like to start out at?)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Bio: Sean came from a town where guns were more common then cars. He seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

(Eh stereotypes have truth in them, that's why they are stereotypes.)

"Sounds good to me." I say cheerily as I get back into the car.

Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)
Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo), Glock 19 (suppressed) (7/0 9 mm ammo)
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (90/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

"Eh?" He says coming toward you, seeing the guy he smiles, "Why hello there." He turns to you, "What do you think we should do with him? Grill him for information? Ask him to join us? Leave him to the wilds?" He asks deadpan.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

(Eh stereotypes have truth in them, that's why they are stereotypes.)

You finally arrive at the compound. It appears to have been a gated community.
http://i.imgur.com/1m93ocN.jpg

There are eight guards, four at each gate. As Dawson drives up to the gate, he shows the guards what appears to be an identification badge. The guard then opens the gate.

"Good raid?" the guard asks.

"Better," Dawson replies. "Found a new survivor."

"Let's see what we can squeeze out of him," I tell Max. "Then we decide later." I point my rifle at the man's head. "Well, what are you waiting for?" I ask. "Speak."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Hello there." I say with a smile.

"Neagh! Ah! No! I-I-I Don't want to die! Please don't shoot me! I'll do whatever you want! Please I have a daughter still alive!" He cries out, shielding his face with his arms.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

The guard takes a long look at you. "Son, once you get off the car, report to the infirmary for a medical examination. It's the building on the right," he says, pointing to the building next to the main building, the one to the left.

"If you value your life," I say, "Then you will speak."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"I'm not you're son, so don't refer to me as such. I'm fully fine but to set you at ease I'll visit the medica." I say to the guard.

"What our leader said is true! They-they-they will arrive in a few days, but what he didn't say was tha-tha-that after two failed missions command won't send another group. They don't want to lose too many men! Please don't kill me! Just tell me what you want to know!" He shouts trying to curl up into a smaller ball then he is in already.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"Kids these days..." The guard mutters. "Move along."
Dawson drives the car up to the building. "Be back soon," he says.

"Who are you, where are you from, and what exactly gave you the right to come here?" I ask. "Do I really need to explain more?"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Humph." I say to the guard before heading to the medical station.

"Co-Colt! John Colt! I'm from an encampment five clicks north. It was a direct order to raid this place! Nothing more, nothing less! Spare me!" He begs.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

As you walk into the infirmary, you see a tall man standing in front of a desk. "Who are you, and what is your business here?" The man booms. He happens to be cradling a gun in his arms.

"And why were you instructed to raid my house?" I ask.
(Will Max be speaking in this scene?)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Resting both of my hands on my guns I look to him, "The guard at the gate told me to come in for a check up, the name is Sean." I say extending my hand for a handshake.

"We didn't even know there would be anybody here!" He cries out, "It was just the next place on the list!" He looks to you, "Please don't kill me!"

(He's quietly listening to the interrogation, he thinks you are doing a good job of it by the by.)

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

XP: 3/10

He extends his hand towards your hand. "Welcome to our compound," he says. "The doctor is currently on break. I am sure she will be back in an hour."

"You won't die as long as you keep talking," I say. "Now, what list?"

(Okay. )

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Oh, okay then, what should I do until then?" I ask looking around.

"We have a map back at base. It-it-it, we made a list of all the places that may have supplies, this place was just next on the list of raids." He says, his body visibly shaking.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"You can register at the Hall. It's the building next door, to the right." The guard pauses for a second. "Do you plan on staying here?"

"Where is your base?" I ask. "Take us there." I point my gun at his head.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"I didn't have any other plans really." I say as I leave with a friendly smile.

"I already told you. Five clicks south! You two won't be enough though, we have a whole bunch of people, at least 24 people all in all."

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"Have a good day," he says to you. (You are going to the Hall to register, right?)

"What do you mean, us two?" I smirk. "You're coming with us."
I turn to Max. "Should we go?" I ask him.

Showing 346-360 of 502