ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 94016
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean came from a town where guns were more common then cars. He seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level: 2
XP: 3/10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

As you step outside, you see a panel van with a red cross painted on its doors pull up in front of the infirmary. A man frantically runs outside pushing a stretcher, shoving you to the side.

"Get out of the way!" the man screams.

The man with the stretcher goes to the back of the van, where four more men wearing hazmat suits gingerly place a body on the stretcher. The men climb out of the van and push the stretcher inside the infirmary.

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.
Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo), Glock 19 (suppressed) (7/0 9 mm ammo)
Partner: Max
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (90/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

"You should leave the Barrett behind," I say. "It won't be too useful if we're gonna fight someone."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Bio: Sean came from a town where guns were more common then cars. He seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

I follow them with my hand hovering over my machete.

Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)
Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo), Glock 19 (suppressed) (7/0 9 mm ammo)
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (90/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

"I am not going in to the camp with you. I'll give you covering fire from the surrounding buildings or hills but I'm not going in there with you. They are too well armed for my liking." He says waiting for you to get into the car.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Name:Jan Ruesink
Bio:Amnesia
Looks:Albino,Black Hair
Powers:Reading mind,if someone wants to attack him he can detect it like Spiderman(works not so good with bullets)
-----
HP: 80/100 (fractured collar bone)
-----
Clothing:Jeans,Blue shirt.
Inventory: N/A

You get up, dripping wet and you're unnatural reflexes kick in, time slows to almost a halt as you see a power cable, still sparking, falling into the puddle you are currently standing in.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Name: Lance Valentino
Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
Looks: Close shaved haircut, Afghanis-tanned skin, 6'1, 180 pounds, well-toned
Powers: Soul control, shapeshifting.
-----
XP: 7/10
HP: 50/100
-----
Clothing: Green underwear,(all matte black) Dainese Manis Armored Jacket, Dainese Manis Back protector, Dainese hybrid neck brace, Dainese Kit J E1 knee guards, sarkar WRC900g gloves, sarkar ATLAS shin guards, sarkar ATV (advanced tactical vest), PREDATOR FAST G4 ballistic mask, Rabintex ACH-1 Ballistic Helmet, sarkar Nomex assault jumpsuit
Inventory: Steyr Scout 10/50, Steyr ACR 24/96, Hogue Avenger 7/70
Partner: Sabena/Sab, Pancor Jackhammer 10/58, 1911's x2 7/70, LSW 30/300

"Sorry boys, seems like we're a bit short-handed at the moment. I've lost contact with Jeeves. Once I get that sorted out, I'll come out myself. How'd you gents like that? Working with the boss-man himself. I'll take good care of you." I take out my ACR, and gingerly open the door to the command room, making a tactical exit, checking in all directions.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Lance Valentino
Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
Looks: Close shaved haircut, Afghanis-tanned skin, 6'1, 180 pounds, well-toned
Powers: Soul control, shapeshifting.
-----
XP: 7/10
HP: 50/100
-----
Clothing: Green underwear,(all matte black) Dainese Manis Armored Jacket, Dainese Manis Back protector, Dainese hybrid neck brace, Dainese Kit J E1 knee guards, sarkar WRC900g gloves, sarkar ATLAS shin guards, sarkar ATV (advanced tactical vest), PREDATOR FAST G4 ballistic mask, Rabintex ACH-1 Ballistic Helmet, sarkar Nomex assault jumpsuit
Inventory: Steyr Scout 10/50, Steyr ACR 24/96, Hogue Avenger 7/70
Partner: Sabena/Sab, Pancor Jackhammer 10/58, 1911's x2 7/70, LSW 30/300

Sir we shall remain here.Our sensors indicate that Jeeves was near the lieutenants room.(Sab's room.) They say before you hang up.

Leaving the room takes a moment as all the deadbolts in the doorframe to retract. After a hiss of hydraulics the door swings open and you are met with an empty corridor... Which is odd because there were four guards here a before you locked the door...

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

As you follow the doctors (they are doctors), you bump into one of them.
"Why aren't you in full medical attire?" he screeches. "Put on your hazmat and go to the patient!"

"Then you should at least get a good gun, like a 7.62," I say. "I'm going to my armory to get some better guns. You want to come too?"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I slowly exit the room, unconsciously moving the air from the infirmary away from me until I'm outside.

"I like the feel of this." he says patting the barrett. "I'll wait here." He says closing the door of the car. You see that he isn't going anywhere.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

As you walk outside, you bump into someone. "Hello." A woman greets you pleasantly. "I suppose that you are waiting for a medical exam? Jen told me that someone was expecting me," the woman says, pointing to the receptionist.

"Alright then," I say. "I'll get some extra ammo for you too."

As I am inside my armory, I pick the following weapons:
-M4A1 (300/30 5.56 ammo)
-Serbu Super Shorty (200/2 12 ga. shells)
-Beretta 92FS Inox (150/15 9x19 ammo)
-S&W Model 686 4 inch barrel (60/6 .357 ammo)
-Folding knife (8 inch blade)
-100 .50 BMG rounds
(Can you change my inventory and add these weapons in?)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Ah ya." I say slightly startled as I release the wind. "That's me." I say with a smile.

Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo), Glock 19 (suppressed) (7/0 9 mm ammo), M4A1 (300/30 5.56 ammo), Serbu Super Shorty (200/2 12 ga. shells), Beretta 92FS Inox (150/15 9x19 ammo), S&W Model 686 4 inch barrel (60/6 .357 ammo), Folding knife (8 inch blade), 100 .50 BMG rounds.

You strain as you lift all that metal and plastic. You are over-encumbered with all the weaponry. You can walk, but it'll be going slow going.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"Well," she begins. "Are you ready for your checkup?"

Inventory: M4A1 (300/30 5.56 ammo), Serbu Super Shorty (200/2 12 ga. shells), Beretta 92FS Inox (150/15 9x19 ammo), S&W Model 686 4 inch barrel (60/6 .357 ammo), Folding knife (8 inch blade), 100 .50 BMG rounds.

"What am I doing?" I think to myself. "I can't carry all these guns. I have to leave some of these."

I saunter back to the armory and remove some of the guns from my pack.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Ya, sure, what do you need?"

Inventory: M4A1 (300/30 5.56 ammo), Serbu Super Shorty (200/2 12 ga. shells), Beretta 92FS Inox (150/15 9x19 ammo), S&W Model 686 4 inch barrel (60/6 .357 ammo), Folding knife (8 inch blade), 100 .50 BMG rounds.

Leaving some weapons behind you feel perfectly light again. Leaving the armory you hear Max whistling, you don't know the tune.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"I need you to go into the second room on the left," she says. "I'll be there shortly." She smiles at you.

I walk to the truck and climb into the driver's seat. "Here's some bullets." I hand over the rounds to Max. "Say, what's that tune you were whistling earlier?"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I smile back and I head into the room specified. Relaxing a little but still keeping my guard up.

Inventory: M4A1 (300/30 5.56 ammo), Serbu Super Shorty (200/2 12 ga. shells), Beretta 92FS Inox (150/15 9x19 ammo), S&W Model 686 4 inch barrel (60/6 .357 ammo), Folding knife (8 inch blade)
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (190/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

He pauses mid whistle... "I have no idea to be honest, just making it up as I go." He says with a shrug.
"Thanks for the ammo by the way."

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Ten minutes pass, yet no sign of the doctor attending to you. You hear a commotion outside. Men are shouting orders and bursts of gunfire are heard. Bits and pieces of dialogue make it to your ears.
"Zombies!" "Arm yourselves!" "Secure the compound!"

Inventory: M4A1 (300/30 5.56 ammo), Serbu Super Shorty (200/2 12 ga. shells), Beretta 92FS Inox (150/15 9x19 ammo), S&W Model 686 4 inch barrel (60/6 .357 ammo), Folding knife (8 inch blade)
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (190/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

"No problem," I shrug. "Ready?" I say as I insert the key and start the engine.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Zombies? I think I know these? They pass there plague via bites... I think... I quickly get up and draw my machete into my right hand and my shotgun into my left. I leave the room looking around as I go.

"Ya just leave me somewhere with a good view."

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

You open the door leading to the outside. A tall, stocky man approaches you.
"You help?" He grunts.

"Alright, then," I say. I drive towards the base. It should be a quick drive.

Showing 391-405 of 502