ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 94025
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean came from a town where guns were more common then cars. He seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level: 2
XP: 3/10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

(Yup.)

Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.
Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo), Glock 19 (suppressed) (7/0 9 mm ammo)
Partner: Max
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (90/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

"Twenty four people?" He considers the number for a second. "Ya, but not with him, if we got into a fight then he'd just switch sides on us..." He says logically.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Bio: Sean came from a town where guns were more common then cars. He seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

As you walk into the Hall, you see a blond haired woman wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and glasses.
"Hello," she says to you pleasantly. "Are you here to register?"

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)
Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo), Glock 19 (suppressed) (7/0 9 mm ammo)
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (90/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

"Let me get something first." I say to Max.

I run to the stockroom in the basement. There, I retrieve a two-way, audio/video baby monitor, two pairs of steel handcuffs, some thick rope and some duct tape.

"Let's get something out of the way," I mumble.

I drag the man over to the bottom of the steps at the basement. I duct-tape one baby monitor to the wall, handcuff both of the man's wrists to the railing, and tie his legs together.

"You stay put," I tell the man.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Apparently, I was told to go to the Medica but they sent me here, so, ya!" I say with a smile.

Mac stands there impassively as this scene plays out in front of him, the man comes with you almost willingly, too shocked to do anything else. As you tie him up he looks to you with distant eyes. "Kill the Shaman first." He says resting his head against the wall, it doesn't seem like he'll say much more. As you head back up the stairs Max is waiting for you. "So. What now?"

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"Well, here's some papers for you to fill out," she says, giving you a few sheets of paper. "And here's a pen! This shouldn't take a while," she says, smiling.

"One sec," I tell Max.

I go down the stairs to where the man is. "I can promise you this much," I say. "No one will die."

I climb up the stairs. "We will take revenge," I say. "But no blood shall be spilled today."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Thanks!" I say, returning the smile as I look to the sheet.

(When I separate things with a paragraph means they happen at that time, so when you were tying the guy up he said that, so I can just take what you say and let you say it as you are still down there so you don't have to go traipsing around the place all the time.)

As you finish tying him up he says nothing.

"I'd like to head you're plan."

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Here is what the sheet looks like:
(Could you actually fill out the form?)

Name (first name, last name)_______________________

DOB____________

Nationality______________

Occupation (Prior to outbreak)_________________

Any Health Problems? Yes_____ No_____
If Yes, then list the following in the space provided below.

Do you have any experience in active combat? Yes____ No______

Do you know how to hunt/fish? Yes_____ No______

Do you have any experience in healthcare? Yes____ No_____

Are you in possession of any weapons (firearms, melee, etc.)?
Yes____ No_____
If yes, then list the weapons that you have in the space provided.

(So when I tied up the guy, I said what I was saying?)
(You meant "I'd like to hear your plan", right?)

"They didn't know that my house wasn't abandoned, right?" I ask. "Could have been a simple mistake. But if it wasn't a mistake, then we bring guns."
I pause and think. "Twenty-four people, and two of us...I have a tank."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(Sure.)

Name (first name, last name)Sean Deane.

DOB____________

Nationality______________ (Where is this set?)

Occupation (Prior to outbreak)N/A

Any Health Problems? Yes_____ No__x___

Do you have any experience in active combat? Yes__x__ No______

Do you know how to hunt/fish? Yes__x___ No______

Do you have any experience in healthcare? Yes__x__ No_____

Yes__x__ No_____
Remington 870, Ruger Mini-14 x2, Desert Eagle, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete.

After filling the form I make sure my S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6 is hidden/concealed on my person.

(Yup.)
(Yup.)

"It wasn't a mistake, they planned to kill anybody they found, remember how they didn't start shooting until we did? If we roll up to their base in a tank we're asking for trouble." He says.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

(Sure.)

DOB____________

Nationality______________ (In the Eastern United States)

Yes__x__ No_____
Remington 870, Ruger Mini-14 x2, Desert Eagle, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete.

"Um, sir?" The woman asks. "You forgot to fill out a few of the questions," she says, pointing to the Nationality and DOB lines.

(Yup.)
(Yup.)

"Would a Hummer be any worse?"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(Sure.)

DOB____________

Nationality US____________

Yes__x__ No_____

"I'm 20 something."

"I'd say if we go at all they will try to kill us!" He pauses for a moment. "You have a tank?" He asks speculatively.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

(Sure.)

DOB____________

Nationality US____________

Yes__x__ No_____

"Alright," says the lady. "I'll put you as 25, since you look about that age."
(You can erase the sheet now.)

"Not really a tank," I reply. "More like an armored SUV."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Sounds about right." I say giving her the sheet. "What's that even for?" I ask, indicating toward the sheet.

"Sort of like what they had?" He says indicating outside to the armored pick-ups.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"That's so the Town Committee can decide how useful you are to the compound," she says. "Once they know what you can do, they give you a job."

I lead him to the garage. "More like this," I say.

http://i.imgur.com/S3F3UTO.jpg

You can't see the armor plating since it's already built into the car.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Name: Lance Valentino
Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
Looks: Close shaved haircut, Afghanis-tanned skin, 6'1, 180 pounds, well-toned
Powers: Soul control, shapeshifting.
-----
XP: 7/10
HP: 50/100
-----
Clothing: Green underwear,(all matte black) Dainese Manis Armored Jacket, Dainese Manis Back protector, Dainese hybrid neck brace, Dainese Kit J E1 knee guards, sarkar WRC900g gloves, sarkar ATLAS shin guards, sarkar ATV (advanced tactical vest), PREDATOR FAST G4 ballistic mask, Rabintex ACH-1 Ballistic Helmet, sarkar Nomex assault jumpsuit
Inventory: Steyr Scout 10/50, Steyr ACR 24/96, Hogue Avenger 7/70
Partner: Sabena/Sab, Pancor Jackhammer 10/58, 1911's x2 7/70, LSW 30/300

"You didn't believe me the first time I told you, I doubt this truly disgusting massacre is going to help my case any. Go get some rest, I'll send some food, try to keep up your strength." I say, considering what kind of food wouldn't get thrown up after this.
"We can talk as soon as you're feeling better."

kastor246
kastor246
213 posts
Nomad

Name: Kastor James
Bio: Before everything happened I was a construction worker. Worked since I was 16.
Looks: Short brown hair, 6 foot even and medium sized build.
Powers: Super Strength, Night Vision. (Not fully but enough I can see a few feet in front of me in the pitch black.)
-----
-----
Clothing: Blue jeans, Brown T-Shirt, Work boots, black underwear..

(If I didn't do something right just let me know and I/you can fix it.)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Sounds fair to me.. Say how many people do you have around here?" I ask idly.

"I still think they are going to blow us to pieces for killing their men, but you are my best ticket to survival right about now so I guess I'll follow you." He says. "Even if I think going to this place is a bad idea..." He says leaving the sentence unfinished. "However, what if we took their vehicles, it would by us time to get into the camp if they thought we were their men coming back."

(Sounds good to me.)

Name: Lance Valentino
Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
Looks: Close shaved haircut, Afghanis-tanned skin, 6'1, 180 pounds, well-toned
Powers: Soul control, shapeshifting.
-----
XP: 7/10
HP: 50/100
-----
Clothing: Green underwear,(all matte black) Dainese Manis Armored Jacket, Dainese Manis Back protector, Dainese hybrid neck brace, Dainese Kit J E1 knee guards, sarkar WRC900g gloves, sarkar ATLAS shin guards, sarkar ATV (advanced tactical vest), PREDATOR FAST G4 ballistic mask, Rabintex ACH-1 Ballistic Helmet, sarkar Nomex assault jumpsuit
Inventory: Steyr Scout 10/50, Steyr ACR 24/96, Hogue Avenger 7/70
Partner: Sabena/Sab, Pancor Jackhammer 10/58, 1911's x2 7/70, LSW 30/300

She nods, not quite herself yet as she heads up the stairs. That mush stuff would probably be easy to clean up.

You're guards come up to you, all quite thoroughly bloody, Sir, what are you're orders for the rest of their group? Shall we eliminate them too?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Kastor James
Bio: Before everything happened I was a construction worker. Worked since I was 16.
Looks: Short brown hair, 6 foot even and medium sized build.
Powers: Super Strength, Night Vision. (Not fully but enough I can see a few feet in front of me in the pitch black.)
-----
-----
Clothing: Blue jeans, Brown T-Shirt, Work boots, black underwear..

(No everything looks fine to me. Ah what kind of stuff did you're character have on you before we start? You can put you're tools into you're inventory if you want. Now just three questions; how super is you're strength? Like what's you're maximum lifting power?; Do you have anywhere you want to start specifically? Like a specific town or city or does it matter?; Would you prefer me or apldeap123 to run you're story?)

Showing 361-375 of 502