ForumsThe TavernBattle of the Battle of the threads thread thread

5 4981
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Idk man like why stop now all aboard y'all

OR...OR! Idea here..and bear with me.

Instead of spamming up The Tavern with 101 "battle of threads" (half of which just seeming like we are TRYING to come up with more for the sake of having more) we place them in one thread.

• 5 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Except battle of the bands, because that's an institution. (And please, post on it in the popular media forum)

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Having multiple battle threads in one would result in clutter and confusion. Besides, a battle of the anything has been shown to be ineffective.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I made Battle of the Brands when there was only one battle, the battle of the bands. Afterwards tons followed, most of which are stupid as hell, and it just seems like everyone and their father wants to start one now just for the sake of having one to call their own...

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Besides, a battle of the anything has been shown to be ineffective.

His mistake was having the battles be between two things that have no logical nature for being pitted against each other. You could have all the different "battle of..."'s being updated each week with a section for each, or every few days do a different "battle of..."
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

I was ready to be so very cross with whoever made this until I realized that this was you and a joke. I'm getting so sick of the battle threads that really are just sub-categories of already existing battle threads.

OR...OR! Idea here..and bear with me.

Instead of spamming up The Tavern with 101 "battle of threads" (half of which just seeming like we are TRYING to come up with more for the sake of having more) we place them in one thread.

This all goes back to my ancient idea of sub-threads!

But really though, it could work with them all being in one thread (except Battle of the Brands because that one was the first *non stickied*) because most of them are hardly ever updated. Some of them are created, have a single battle and then the owner asks someone else to take over because they're out of ideas.

We could put all of the random battle threads into one thread and updated it every week with a new battle with a new theme (I.E. Dinosaurs/beats one week and then food another week etc.) and then everyone is happy. We're happy because there's only the battle of the brands thread and the misc. battle thread and they're happy because they can do all of the battles they want because usually they only last one or two battles before death anyways!

Who's with me? Clean up the tavern!

~Manly
Showing 1-5 of 5