ForumsForum GamesThe Forumnautosaurs and the Experimental Forum Game for Nefarious Porpoises

749 199331
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to the Experimental Forum Game. We are currently in the third stage of experiments. I'm not entirely sure what's going on here*, but please keep the following in mind:

1. This is one of the stupidest forum games you will play.
2. Forum rules still apply here.
3. [REDACTED]
4. Do not lose too many points or [REDACTED].
_____
Footnote:
*The Gantic is a liar. That is fact.

()_() Gantic has taken over this thread.
(-ò_ó) Long live the Rabbit King!
o(")_(") Great is the White One!

• 749 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Alright everybody stop. We've just been given some valuable info.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

CHANGES:
Crickster +100 pts
JACKinbigletters +100 pts

SCOREBOARD:
+00000 Patrick2011
+00000 JACKinbigletters
-00200 09philj
-00200 Crickster

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

So what do we do than?

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Hm. Despite Gantic telling us not to, it may actually be beneficial to lose points, as without ascertaining if Gantic and The Gantic are the same we can't know for certain.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

These all got +100, probably meaning that they are correct. Anything that got a negative score seems to be incorrect.

We should also figure out what [REDACTED] means.

It's possible but we can't know for sure.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

CHANGES:
Crickster -100 pts
09philj -100 pts

SCOREBOARD:
+00100 JACKinbigletters
+00000 Patrick2011
-00300 09philj
-00300 Crickster

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe i should just unleash all of my rage over nickelback and john cena to find out how to win.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

So if this is true then posts getting no points are irrelevant to the puzzle and can be ultimately ignored.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

[REDACTED] is probably not the same as [REDACTED]

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

CHANGES:
Crickster +100 pts
09philj +100 pts

SCOREBOARD:
+00200 JACKinbigletters
+00000 Patrick2011
-00200 09philj
-00200 Crickster

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Time to analyze the changes (note: I may get ninja'd, so the analysis will only apply to those before Gantic's post on page 2).

So... what do we do here?

Crickster lost 100 points for this. This may indicate that not knowing what to do results in points lost.

I say the main thing is that we figure out if that footnote is a bluff or not.

JACKinbigletters gained 0 points for this. This may indicate that the footnote is meaningless.

We should also figure out what [REDACTED] means.

I gained 100 points for this. This may indicate that [REDACTED] is significant, and it is correct to figure that out.

But if he's lying about all of them it wont matter. Finding out how accurate the footnote is seems to be the most pressing matter.

JACKinbigletters gained 0 points for this for the same reason as his previous post.

Gantic is a liar, fact - said by gantic who is a liar so that means he ain't a liar.

Crickster lost 100 points for this, meaning the paradox is most likely false. Then again, the footnote looks meaningless so far.

That makes sense, which means everything above the footnote is true.

I lost 100 points for agreeing with a -100 point post.

But he could just be bluffing. Plus notice how it says

[quote]The Gantic is a liar.

This refers to something titled The Gantic. Not just Gantic. This means they are two different things/people.[/quote]

JACKinbigletters lost 100 points for this, meaning that he was incorrect to consider "The Gantic" different from Gantic.

I don't the armor games can handle both gantic the gantic

Crickster lost 100 points for this, probably because the post was off-topic.

I agree with JACK. Gantic is not a liar because he is not the definite article. So we find The Gantic and make it tell us what isn't going on.

09philj lost 100 points for agreeing with a -100 point post.

[quote]The Gantic

"The" used in that way can be used as a title to indicate power. Using "The" as a title makes sense given the circumstances and the probable relationship between this forum game and the quest for the Holy Grail.[/quote]

I lost 0 points for this. Normally, a 0 point post is +0, but a -0 post may indicate a zero sum combination.

Alright 09, being your idea you get to look for this mysterious The Gantic and ask him the questions.

JACKinbigletters lost 100 points for continuing to believe that "The Gantic" is not the same as Gantic.

NOTE: Any posts below the last one quoted were not scored, most likely because of a ninja.

Conclusions: "The Gantic" refers to Gantic. The footnote is meaningless, and we need to figure out the meaning of [REDACTED], which is not necessarily the same in both instances, since [REDACTED] seems to be a censor.

Edit: I got mega-ninja'd during this analysis. However, the ninja'ing posts seem to support my conclusions.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Let's talk with certainty. Then we will have definitive answers that are either correct or not.

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

is it me or is gantic just adding or subtracting points when gantic wants to

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I am absolutely confused as what's Gantic trying to do here.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

is it me or is gantic just adding or subtracting points when gantic wants to

I think the point system is supposed to point us in the right direction, with the goal being positive points.
Showing 16-30 of 749