ForumsThe TavernHardest Classes

22 10861
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

You are sitting in class. The teacher is saying words and writing on the board but 90% of the material is flying over your head. Your teacher asks if anyone has questions but you wouldn't even know what to ask. You go suffering through the homework, quizzes, and tests until it is finally all over.

We have all been in these classes that are really hard for us. What is the hardest class you have been in and/or are currently in?
Is it just one certain class or just a certain subject?
Does your brain just not wrap around the concept , is it the time of the class, or maybe just a bad teacher?
What do you do to try and help yourself through the class?

I will post mine later today I just really don't have time right now.

• 22 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

It is possible Manly that other colleges don't have you take as much. I am just going based off of what Purdue makes CS majors take. Then again Purdue is Top 10 for their CS program so it probably doesn't get much harder anywhere else.

Tangent, at least for me Taylor series were in Calc II. It was really the only thing that wrecked me in that class. But yes, having a bad teacher or TA does make the class a lot harder.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Just wait until you have to prove the epsilon-delta proof. You probably will not have to unless you take a class like the one I first talked about.

Honestly, I don't understand why you can say episilon=delta because they are both greater than the same number.

~~~Darth Caedus
Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

Chinese. It's a good class, but awfully hard to learn 14 radicals a week. Sounds easy, though.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Chinese.

My Chinese class is fairly easy. In fact, the current pace is too slow for me...ha. Then again, I have an unfair advantage of learning a lot around age five, and then forgetting it all. It's all embedded in my head somewhere...
I could help you, if you really needed it, but there's others on this site that are more fluent than I am.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

To be honest none of my classes are really hard yet, just a pain to do all the homework for, math in particular. I know it will only get worse next year and the classes will probably be harder but I'm trying to hang onto 8th grade as long as possible...

bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

Nothing flies over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it!
~Drax the Destroyer

In all honesty, chemistry sucks butt right now.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

It depends on the day for me. I am in Chinese III right now and I am the only one who is there, everyone else is stuck on a previous Chinese course or quit. They won't talk to me about it, which makes me think a few failed out and had to repeat Chinese II or something. I barely passed last year, I got like a B only because I begged the teacher for extra credit and she kind of took pity on me. But currently it is pretty simple, it is Chinese III B that will be the killer, so yeah!
APUSH is pretty annoying just because we have to take like 10 pages of notes a week just to turn them into the teacher so she can grade them... which is weird. And I hate history, so it is super boring to me. I like my AP Bio course though because I LOVE biology, I want to major in it in college. My Pre-Calc is pretty straightforward, I wanted to be in AP-Calc but my school is a turd and wouldn't let me take pre-calc over the summer...
I have heard AP Chem and AP Physics are brutal though, only like 1-2 people take them in my school and they actually dropped it this year because no one signed on for them. I think they were just being cheap and didn't want to pay extra to teach a few kids AP stuff when they could force us all into on-level physics, which is what I am doing now and it is super simple and it is annoying me because our teacher treats us like imbeciles who are illiterate and can't even do simple algebra.

Showing 16-22 of 22