ForumsSupport Forum[Official] Ad Free Gaming (No Longer can play iPad/Nexus)

34 8304
AlvaroR
AlvaroR
1 posts
Peasant

It seems that I can't play any games unless I pay to remove Ads. The Ads does not bother me but the link is not letting me play a single game whatsoever and pressed REMOVE but it goes straight to the Ad. (Sign-up for Ad-Free Gaming and remove ads on all game pages) PLEASE HELP??

• 34 Replies
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

@AlvaroR you dont have to pay, no, you can eighter watch the ads, then play, or pay a fee to get rid of the ads.

If you cant play any games it must be something else.
Could be a browser relatede problem, did you try to use anoter browser? Besides that: browser(s)/flash up to date?
Did you use an adblocker? If so, deactivate them, they could cause problems... and we dont support the use of them.
Also other "blocking" programs could cause problems, mainly security internet software (like netnanny/K9/etc), if you are restricted by any of these programs... well, try to deactivate them...
If you are try to play from library/scool/work... they could also have some sort of "blocking-software" active...^^

Birkebeiner
Birkebeiner
10 posts
Nomad

Same problem as the original poster. I have an Android Nexus, Windows phone, and Windows 8 desktop PC. Same problem on all platforms - and all platforms let me play prior to the recent Ad Free Gaming "option". On the desktop it looks like I can opt to pay to get rid of adds, but on the two mobile devices I can't even navigate to pay. Did anyone say the future of gaming was mobile?

Rinzlar
Rinzlar
14 posts
Shepherd

i have a question ....

does paying for ad free gaming only apply to the account you purchase it on?

or do i have to buy it as well for my alternate accounts i use as well

henzel34
henzel34
3 posts
Nomad

Same problem. Since the 'new' ad free campaign started, I can no longer play on the iPad. PC still works.

henzel34
henzel34
3 posts
Nomad

Btw for the record; no adblockers or nannies, or otherwise active. Please pass this on to the QA department so they can investigate.

Birkebeiner
Birkebeiner
10 posts
Nomad

Update: It's SOS for the Winphone 8 - used to work, no longer works since the ad-nonsense.

Birkebeiner
Birkebeiner
10 posts
Nomad

Same SNAFU persists for the Android Nexus platform. I've got an iPad I could try as well, maybe the latest initiative has made this game unplayable on all three mobile platforms, or maybe the Apple fanboys are saved?

sanekx
sanekx
4 posts
Shepherd

Same problem, cant play from android phone. Fix please.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@AlvaroR @Birkebeiner @Rinzlar @henzel34 @sanekx

Could you tell me what ad you see that's causing you trouble? We'll look into this.

Birkebeiner
Birkebeiner
10 posts
Nomad

On the Android and Winphone platforms there is no way to navigate around the sign up for ad free gaming popup. On Winphone 8 the popup appears, and there is no way to get rid of it, nor is there any way to chose one of the ad free options. On Android there is an unsupported plugin under the sign up to ad free gaming banner, and it may be possible to select one of the two payment options in a pop-up windows, but there is no way to continue playing with advertisements. So, on Android the choice may be: pay to keep playing while Winphone gives you no option to keep playing (as you can't navigate around the ad free "offer", which you can't actually select).

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Birkebeiner Android phones don't support Flash correct? So that's why you would see "Unsupported Plugin".

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Birkebeiner Also, could you take a screenshot for us on the Winphone? I'd really like to see what you're seeing.

Birkebeiner
Birkebeiner
10 posts
Nomad

Fact is that prior to this ad free offer I was happily playing the game on the Android platform, so the only "issue" is the ad free offer. There are some Android users around, on tablets and phones, so it seems like a solution is warranted. Until you have a solution, get rid of the offer. People spend cash IG and I'd imagine you have a revenue share with Kano, so it is probably a good idea to do some robust testing before you nerf the Armor Games front end in an attempt at getting more revenue. In terms of deciding not to support Android, I'd guess that such a decision would negatively impact earnings.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Birkebeiner I can tell you that ALL of the Armor Games team wants to see a screenshot/photo of the issue in question. We can't give a solution until we know what the problem is, and right now we can't duplicate it. If you give us a screenshot, you may help a group of people that are experiencing the same thing you are.

This isn't about tricking people, it's a bug that likely needs fixing, but we need to know what it looks like to even start. Please send a picture!

As far as Android, Flash & Android is not our decision. That's Androids.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Birkebeiner Also, what games were you playing?

Showing 1-15 of 34