ForumsGamesThe Weapon Masters - Bosses/Tactics Discussion

43 18453
Cryostrata
Cryostrata
23 posts
Scribe

So, I'm sure quite a few of you have worked out the how-to's and what-to-do's of the various bosses and tough enemies in the game, and more often than not one or two of them will have had you headsmashing the wall in rage.

So how about we all share and discuss our strategies for those bosses giving us headaches and how to beat them?

Soz' I'm going to start by sharing what I've learned from the various zone end bosses so far. Note that the information in this guide was acquired without using a single Blessing, so I have no elemental pets to make my life easier.

EDIT: Updated to contain all 3 sections of elemental dungeons, seeing as my gear isn't up-to-par to take on The Final Sentence, the challenge dungeons may take some time.

Note that this guide can only provide suggested tactics which I've tested that work, it cannot account for the Random Number God being an big jerk, which he usually is to me. (Get hit with nothing but crits in 1 boss battle and you'll get my point.)

If all else fails, get better equipment, try going for Pain and Fox gear, for shields I suggest something with Constitution on it, Leopard is a good prefix for this.

---

SINGLE ELEMENT DUNGEONS

ZONE 1 - Vampire + Vampire Mistress

Hero Equipment: Rogue Armor + Bow

Heroine Equipment: Light Armor + Shield + Wand

Strategy: Target and kill the Mistress first once she's dead then double-team the Vampire, shouldn't be too hard unless he crits all the time.

---

ZONE 2 - Troll Shaman + Gremlin Hexer + Ice Witch

Hero Equipment: Rogue Armor + Wand + 1H Weapon (Fairy Razor)

Heroine Equipment: Mage Armor + Staff/Wand + Orb

Strategy: Kill the shaman and the hexer quickly, then destroy the witch. If using the staff your hero may die but hopefully it will buy enough time for your heroine to kill the witch in turn. The wand/orb combo is slower and may get your heroine killed instead, but the rogue may live long enough to kill the witch. If you have a pet, bring Brownie or Humpy to help kill the minions faster.

---

ZONE 3 - Juggernaut + Hatchling + Hatchling

Hero Equipment: Heavy Armor + Shield + Wand

Heroine Equipment: Mage Armor + Staff

Pet: Humpy

Strategy: Set your hero to block projectiles and kill Juggernaut as soon as possible, then mow down the hatchlings. Pray that your Heroine crits on Juggernaut because that was the only way I managed to keep my hero alive long enough to shield the heroine from dying to one last shot.

---

ZONE 4 - Demon + Arch Demon + Devil

Heroine Equipment: Mage Armor + Staff/Wand + Orb

Pet: Lucy or Humpy

Strategy: After Juggernaut these 3 are weaklings, just use your hero as a meatshield and kill them all, or if you want to play it safe give your heroine a wand and orb and mow them down first to last anyway.

---

ZONE 6 - False Oracle + Fallen Throne

Strategy: Quickly kill off the oracle, then focus on the Throne, he's not so difficult when compared to all the assassins that's been buggering around his dungeon.

---

DOUBLE ELEMENT DUNGEONS

ZONE 7 - Goblin Archer + Troll Lord + Goblin Shaman

Heroine Equipment: Mage Armor + Orb + Wand

Pet: Lucy or Humpy

Element: Poison

Strategy: Set your heroine to intercept magic and hero to intercept projectiles, then attack from the front. This fight is easier compared to the other big boss in the dungeon. If Lucy is used then the Shaman should be dead or softened up by the time you're done with the Troll, using Humpy means destroying each line as quickly as possible before the Shaman kill your heroine.

---

ZONE 8 - Demon King + Phoenix

Pet: Lucy

Element: Ice

Strategy: Set your heroine to intercept magic and have both target the Phoenix otherwise prepare to die quickly. The Demon King isn't too hard to kill provided he hasn't been throwing criticals when you were killing the Phoenix.

---

ZONE 9 - Dragonkin Lord + Fallen Seraphim

Element: Lightning

Strategy: Same as before, tank the frontline attacks and kill the mage first, this fight is much less forgiving as a few criticals can change victory to defeat.

---

ZONE 10 - Skeleton King + Snow Queen

Element: Fire

Strategy: Compared to the last two fights this one is much easier, I took about 5 or so criticals from both bosses and both heroes still survived. Again, mage then tank. As the Snow Queen intercepts magic, you can set your attacks to Front this time for some additional speed.

---

ZONE 11 - Cyclops + Fallen Cherubim

Element: Darkness

Strategy: This one's a bit different from the boss-fights you've been having, your priority is to kill the Cyclops first, the Cherubim at the back is a back-scratcher. The Cyclops hits very hard so if it crits twice kiss your hero goodbye and call it a game over.

---

ZONE 12 - Vampire Lord + Succubus Queen

Element: Light

Strategy: Back to the normal boss strategy, kill the Succubus Queen first, then the Vampire Lord. If you have my luck expect the vampire to be throwing a few crits your way.

---

TRIPLE-ELEMENT DUNGEONS

ZONE 13-18 - Dragon

Hero Equipment: Heavy Armor + 2H Weapon

Strategy: Set your hero to melee intercept, chug those elixirs and potions, and get killing. Dragons are slow, but hit very hard.

It should be noted after they lose around 25-30% of their HP they will switch to a more powerful attack. You can tell they're serious when they start to glow yellow before each attack.

So long as they do not crit twice with their heavy attack (Or you crit more than they do.), you should be able to kill the dragon an inch or so before it kills you.

---

I can't really put the recommended elements on the dragon dungeons as I did the double-element dungeons because the setup is always two of the elements will have a same weakness, which is the element of the third type, which has elemental weaknesses covered by the other two.

Otherwise, my elemental suggestions for the dragon dungeons. Capitalized and bold ones are elements which you can use safely with no resistant enemies.

---

SUGGESTED ELEMENTAL COUNTERS for TRIPLE-ELEMENT DUNGEONS

ZONE 13 - La Descente - POISON + Lightning/Ice

ZONE 14 - The Shining - LIGHTNING + ICE

ZONE 15 - Anima Persa - LIGHTNING + Fire/Light

ZONE 16 - A Mazing Darkness - LIGHT + FIRE

ZONE 17 - The Sweet Calamity - POISON + DARK + FIRE

ZONE 18 - Errand of Mercy - LIGHT + Poison/Darkness

---

In situations where you cannot counter an element without a resistant element, check the element of the first enemy you are going to target, in boss-battles if using magic this will be the one with magic intercept, set it to an element that counters theirs and your next target, the less targets there are to do damage the more time you will have to kill them with less damage to you, even damage-resistant enemies will die if they take enough damage.

Otherwise, against enemies with an element that matches the first enemy but doesn't clash with the other two, elements without counters or resistances can still hit fairly hard.

---

CHALLENGE DUNGEONS

ZONE 19 - Bad Kiki

Pet: Any Pet but Magic types are recommended.

Strategy: We all knew that fuzzball was going to become an enemy one day. First thing's first, unless you have very high Parry, do not even try to engage Kiki in melee combat. Kiki hits hard, fast, has a high chance of parrying, and no weaknesses, nor any advantages. Your best defense here is to use Magic and kill Kiki faster than he/she/it can pound you to death.

• 43 Replies
eric_gros_7
eric_gros_7
5 posts
Nomad

Cryo- I am trying to get a feel for the game a little more, having fun mixing and matching weapons but coming up short a lot of times, as well as having to farm dungeons over and over just to be able to advance through them. What type of weapons do you suggest to use, or is wand/shield, (Or 2 hander for hero) and staff ( Or wand/shield and mage gear best for heroine)? Also, do you suggest always trying to get the best cloth gear for the heroine, and same with heavy for the hero, or do you ever think that the leather/light would suffice? Just curious. Ty in advance

Cryostrata
Cryostrata
23 posts
Scribe

There is no 'best gear' in the game, you have to switch around various weapons if you're going to get through a dungeon without too much HP loss.

Personally though, I always have 3 sets of staffs and wands on hand, 1 2H weapon, 1 shield, 1 orb, and 1 set of heavy armor, cloth armor, and leather armor. In double-element dungeons have a second wand ready in case you need to go wand/shield and wand/orb.

Should help to know though that at some point you'll realize your heroine is the best mage, and your hero is the best tank, trying to switch their roles is like assigning the wrong person to the wrong task.

Which is why my guide doesn't use light armor, I tested it as the game says is the best tactic against assassins, and what do I get? A really face-palming defeat. Plus it's never worth weakening your offense to try and live longer, all that gets you is more HP loss. Dead enemies can't harm you, so it's sometimes worth risking an open defense but they'll be dead faster.

But that doesn't mean you should completely min-max, some CON on both your heroes is always a good idea. You're not going to be doing any damage if you're dead faster either.

At the same time, I rarely use crossbows and bows, not because they're weak, but because any situation I'd use them I'd be using a 2H instead, saves on inventory space.

eric_gros_7
eric_gros_7
5 posts
Nomad

I thank you greatly for all the help you have given to me You're so nice to answer questions we have! Keep up the nice work!

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Is there a stronger strategy in dealing with the Demon King / Phoenix? For something so tactics-based, beating bosses seems to depend too heavily on favorable RNG rolls. I've tried different setups and come close, but the crits are killer. Do I need to grind explorations for equipment/gold until I can afford a better kit that will probably be useless afterwards?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Finally beat it after three days by stacking DEX, PARRY, and DODGE Heavy Armor and Accessories on the Warrior and using a Bootleg Spear enchanted with Ice Element. Getting extra hits and crits with higher DEX was worth the possibility of being parried by the Demon King. The crits made short work of the Phoenix, too.

Should just use Spirit for continues and shortcut my way through these bosses next time instead grinding for better gear. It's simply not worth it to grind when it requires luck and/or rare and expensive equipment for something so linear. Tactics should win out, but it doesn't.

Oortcloud
Oortcloud
2 posts
Jester

Running "The FInal Sentence" now. It starts out fairly easy. The first 6 levels are straight forward, literally. Each starts from the stairs and moves off 12 blocks. There are 3 kiki's, 1 portal, 1 boss 1 bonus tile with blessings, and a set of stairs. 2 of the kiki's are bad, 1 is good and you can still resupply with him. These are located at various points along the main path. Level 1 you move to the right, take stairs to level 2 and then repeat back to the left, take stairs to level 3 and repeat back to right, etc.

The 7th follows close to the same pattern, but only 2 kiki (bad) and all encounters are bosses.

Up to this point I burned a little bit of blessing against kiki but the blessings found at the end of the floor made up for it with extra left over.

The 8th is a real nightmare. The bosses are tough and the dungeon is designed in such a way that you have to fight them multiple times. It's basically a 7 x 7 circuit with a boss at each corner and a boss in the middle of the path on both the right and left side. The middle of the path at the bottom (where you start with stairs) has an encounter with 5 magic users (if I recall correctly) and the middle of the path at the top has an encounter with 5 melee. The bottom encounter leads to a path that takes you to a good kiki.

There are portals behind each boss. The real pain is that if you use them you have to face the boss fight again coming back and the boss is made up of a Dragon and a bad kiki. If lucky I manage 2 of these bosses/kiki combos before having to restock. But if either the dragon or kiki come out swinging with crits it can bring disaster really fast.

There are 4 blocked paths. 3 are on all the corners behind the bosses except the bottom left boss - although defeating none of the bosses so far opened the blocks so it might just be that you have to defeat them all and the last one you face opens the block and now I must face each of them again to open their block.

A path down from the top middle has the 4th block and am assuming all the other portals have to be opened before it opens. I found 1000 blessings and $50,000 when I opened the bottom left block.

I have 46% parry on my hero and kiki owns him routinely on parry counter crit if I try and fight him with melee. Early on I used staffs with both heroes against kiki and usually had to revive at least once. It was frustrating because often 1 more hit would have killed him. But facing down the dragon/kiki combo taught me that is just not a good strategy.

The best I've found is to arm both my heroes with bows. It's faster than the staffs and unless he or the dragon starts crit hitting me then I can usually manage to kill kiki and get a few shots on the dragon before getting killed. Then I revive, put my best staff on my heroine (she's armored for magic) and set her to the dragon and keep the bow on my hero and set him to target fastest(which would be kiki). When kiki comes back after you revive he starts out with about 1000 hp so don't depend on your pet to take him out. One shot from the revived kiki can be devastating. The hero will do a little less damage with the bow on the dragon than if he had a staff, but at least kiki will be dead right away and your hero isn't crippled before you can kill the dragon.

A little luck here is required that the dragon doesn't crit or charge strike you before your caster can beat him down. 9 out of 10 times this method can kill the dragon/kiki combo, but occasionally it can get on a crit binge and cost me an additional revive. Or focus on my caster and kill her before she can put down enough damage for the hero to finish.

My best outcome was kiki dead and dragon down 3/4 hp before i had to revive. If you can take these 2 on without a revive then I am impressed.

I'm getting ready to go around the circuit (again) now to open the rest of the blocked places and then have the final showdown. Love to hear if anyone else has a better strategy for facing down kiki/dragon mix.

tmc9000
tmc9000
1 posts
Shepherd

Regarding the strategy to kill dragons i think this is a lot better and safer:

Note: This is doable without spending any real money to buy blessings. You need of course to spend some blessings buying space on stash.

Collect all the heavy and light equipment with resist on the dungeon events.
Since you probably won't have enough space on your inventory you will have to keep it on your stash whenever you go in the city.

Before you portal to the dungeon before the dragon fight take this equipment with you in inventory and 2 wands that match one of the dragon weakness.

Gear:
Hero - Heavy with resist + wand
Heroine - Light with resist + wand

This tactic will spread the dragon damage between your 2 characters and i guarantee you will kill the dragon 99% of the time unless of course you get really unlucky and the dragon focuses most of his attacks on just 1 of your heroes ending up killing him.

DubiousMerit
DubiousMerit
1 posts
Farmer

Item farming hints:

These are techniques I have learned to create Epic and Legendary items with the least amount of fuss. This will apply to being WM level, as there isn't much point in it before then.

First order of business is to find the proper Explore dungeon. Explore until you hit a Level 53 Epic/Nightmare (yellow) dungeon. They are rare, so you'll have to burn through a lot to get there. You can run through and complete the others if you need the gear and/or money, but if you don't just dispose of them immediately until you get what you want. Level 53 blue and green dungeons don't have the drop rate of good items to make them worth the while. This will be your item farm.

Early on, it may be hard to get through the whole thing. Don't worry about it, when you run out of potions and HP, just go back to town. As your equipment improves, you'll go farther and farther with it. Once you finally beat the Boss battle on the red square, DO NOT complete the dungeon and take the prize. Simply go back to town. You have to renew the portals every three runs, which will cost you 10 grand, but that dungeon is precious. Do not throw it away! Finding a new one will cost a fortune in time and money.

A key here is finding a combination of armor and weapons that you can use all the way through the dungeon without changing. For me, the Hero with heavy armor, a wand and shield and the Heroine with cloth armor, a wand and magic shield worked. This saves enormous amounts of time and hassle, as well as inventory space. Unused equipment can be left at your Stash.

Back in town, stop by the Market. If you're still carrying extra equipment, sort your goods by hand, otherwise you can just sort by Rarity. Pick through the goods to save anything that is an upgrade to what you have. Then sell all the Common goods. They're just not worth fooling with. My farming dungeon had 18 enemies per run, and their drops consisted of Blue or better about six times on the average.

After cleaning out your inventory, go back to the dungeon and run through again. Repeat the process until your inventory is full, renewing the portals as necessary. One more trip to the Market to sell your Common items off, and you should have a pretty good haul of Blue or better items. My dungeon would give me Greens and even Yellows on occasion.

Next stop is Bootlegs. This is where you spend the money you got from selling all that Common junk. It will all be Level 51, but at least Green with the occasional Yellow or Orange. Don't worry if they're not useful to you. Their primary mission is to be grist for the Cube. I can usually buy 5 or 6 Bootleg items when I'm done dungeoning.

Now head over to your Stash and start Cubing. Start with the Blues and crunch them all down. If you make something useful, swap it out with your current equipment. Start mixing in the Bootleg items when you get to the Greens, keeping the level mix up to generate Level 54 as much as possible.

The equipment levels in the Cube don't have to be the same. What matters is the average level of them, and the Cube will give equipment one level higher than the average, up to 54 max. So a Level 51 Green combined with two Level 54's and a 53 will give you a Level 54 product. If you run out of Level 54 Greens to crunch down your Bootlegs, go ahead and turn them into a Level 53. It's almost as good. Crunching down a full inventory generally yields one or two Yellow or Orange Level 54 items each time. Remember it's all luck, so there's no guarantees. I've crunched down an entire inventory worth of stuff only to get nothing useful at all many times, and then get three the next.

Do not mix colors in the Cube. Higher rarities are sufficiently precious that it's not worth the risk of downgrading. Save your leftovers in the Stash sorted by color and have use them as needed for the next session.

That's about it. I can usually fill my inventory with about 45 Blue or better items with 7 or 8 runs through the farm dungeon, taking about 1 1/2 hours. It's tedious, but I run the game in a separate window and do other things while it fights things out in the background. If it starts bogging down, just refresh the page to clear Flash's memory and it speeds right up again.

Hope some of you find this useful. If anyone has any suggestions for improvements in the process I would love to hear it.

AscendantSpek
AscendantSpek
5 posts
Peasant

Thank you.

AscendantSpek
AscendantSpek
5 posts
Peasant

Anyone care to share the map of The Final Sentence. Thanks

maysys
maysys
1 posts
Jester

I wish I'd saved it out on each floor. Sorry I didn't. It would take me thousands of blessing to backtrack now. I still haven't finished the final battle in it. I'd love to hear anyone's successful strategy for the final 7 fights. I've gotten to the last kiki's once and was promptly smacked down.

1982john
1982john
1 posts
Peasant

Is the final batle that hard you shouldnt even try unless you have 1000s of blessings stored?

TheZonk
TheZonk
98 posts
Prince

I just found a nice trick: When loosing in a boss fight - refresh browser. Fight again and RETREAT. If successful you don't go back a square but can go on from the boss square! This helped beating the "False Shepherd" wich i found way too hard ;-)

Showing 31-43 of 43