ForumsForum GamesArcana (Magic RP)

333 74212
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Humanity in its early days struggled against the foundations of powerful civilizations that had been for centuries before them. It was only through the gift of magic that they were able to put their stake in the worId which became the first human city, Ithradine. From here they thrived until four tribes joined the infant kingdom each skilled in one of the four base magics, Pyromancy, Geomancy, Hyrdomancy, and lastly Aeromancy. These four 'families' became the main aristocracy and when the king died without an heir, he left in place a system to allow them all to keep power called the Magistrate. The Magistrate is led by a 'Magister' who is elected among the citizens however only the four families have ever gotten to have magisters. In this kingdom called Arcana, the four families, House Pyrane, House Oceanus, House Windel, and House Terra, keep a strained peace with the newest magister being Jerrick of House Pyrane. He leads Arcana on the path of war against the many monsters that lie beyond the ctiy's walls. Any adventurers are now given a guardian should they chose to leave the kingdom. You are one of many citizens within the kingdom, how will you make your mark upon it and the many races in and around it?

Welcome to the land of Arcane where the future is yours to shape whether in evil or good. In Acana, your character is entirely up to you however there is a few rules that I ask everyone follow:

1. You can't start off as one of the heads of government
2. There is no killing off another's character unless you both agree
2.1 In you get into combat with a story character (one that I create), I will allow some to be killed but only after serious fight
2.2 You cannot force another character to do anything
3. Character pictures are encouraged but keep it appropriate
4. Have Fun!
Okay now for the character sheet:

Name:
Class (Battlemage, Sage, Assassin, Warrior, Dark Dragon, etc. Up to You)
Race: (Human, Elf, Dragon, Dwarf, etc.)
Bio: (Character's History, Personality, and ablilities)
Apperance (What your character's features are, armor, weapons, etc.)

Anyone can join at any time but it will not start until at least 2 join. If you want to make and enjoy a interacitve story, this is for you.

• 333 Replies
nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I try and grab Feris with my talons he's a lot younger than me so I should be able to carry him I than fly back to the town and leave them with a fireball as a paring gift.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I walk around the perimeter of the wall my eyes watching for any movement in the surrounding area.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Nivlac: Your movement in the air is far superior and they miss you as you grab Feris and the fire ball you throw towards them forces a quick response leaving them slightly burned. These are professionals and they wanted Feris for something. You make good distance, at least far enough to escape their attacks. You spot Chari and Arthur on the road you followed just outside the town.

JACK: The night remains mostly peaceful, a few watchmen pass you by and say hello but nothing out of the ordinary occurs until the sky seems to ripple for only a few moments, a shooting star erupts nearby but it does not seem to be getting dimmer. In fact it is descending towards the ground, lighting up the sky as though it were day. The mass hits the ground and a large explosion of fires erupts in the distance, catching a large portion of the surrounding forest on fire.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I call to the guardsmen, "Gather your troops! Inform the paladin of what has happened!" I shout as I leap over the wall and draw my hammer as I charge toward the flames.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I fly to them telling them what happened.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Jack: You hear the steps of the guardsmen run off. The flames roar with the anger of a demon, the heat is unnatural itself as you move ever close to its source. The smoke is almost pitch black along with towering flames making for poor visibility and then suddenly a powerful wind blows through the center of the impact, extinguishing the flames closest to it. You gain a clear sight of the figure in the center, His red eyes glow in the shadow of the moon, a black metal sword clenched tightly in his hands. The only things differing from human are his charred horns just above his forehead and his black barbed tail with the tip shaped much like a blade. He appears extremely wounded and in fact his blood colors the ground and what remains of his similarly black armor is in tatters however he seems to be confused and loss, barely supporting himself on his sword. The power resonating within him is incredible but he is surely no human and you know for sure he is no demi-god.

Nivlac: Arthur does not take the news well, his anger noticeable as he attempts to run in the direction you came "Those *******s! I'll..argh." he grunts in pain and clenches his side, falling to his knees. Chari bears a more somber look on her face as she scolds Arthur "You haven't recovered yet, most likely they would crush like a worm." she critically says making Arthur clench his fists and as he deals with his anger, Chari seems to be in deep thought "This is all becoming more and more interesting..." she says under her breath.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

I follow the trial.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I raise my shield while summoning the book of laws to my hand, hoping that it may be able to confirm or deny my suspicions, This looks like a daemon... This does not bode well...

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Danwar: It does not take that long to reach your destination as you hear the crunching of old bones beneath your feet, the three of you staring in front of a cave. "Well, this is the place. I must say I wasn't expecting a bit more but..maybe I shall surprised." he says and turns his gaze to Alissa "Would you mind?" he asks like a command as she nods and smiles, giving a little giggle as her body become engulfed in flames as she walks into the cave lighting up the interior "After you." he says to you with a smirk

Jack: The book flips pages until an image resembles the figure and it reads "The Dremorians: A race of humanoid beings that closely resemble demons in both appearance and power yet do not fully associate themselves with any evil entity. A thousand years before the 'Black Age' the Dremorians launched an invasion that nearly wiped out all sentient races in their way and it was only through the betrayl of the royal family's eldest son that saved the world. Power ranges widely among the classes and families but the royal hold the most power within them..." Halcine finally shows up along with the rest of your team, she remains collected despite the situation "I don't have to tell you we must be careful." The Dremorian pushes himself up with the and his eyes meet yours and his are full of malice "Before I cut you down, announce yourself." his voice booms, his eyes glaring towards you "Demigod.." he says under his breath.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"I am a Son of The God Of Laws, a wandering enforcer keeping the law in check." I disappear the book of laws and draw my hammer, "You will not be the first to lie about that." I say before calling out to everyone else, "I want you to stay back, who knows what magic this creature has." I attempt to use binding on him before he moves while keeping my shield raised expecting an attack.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

"Your partner can not only survive fire,but light herself at will?"I ask."Interesting." I follow our partner (Whom is currently lit ablaze) into the cave.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

I sit for a bit stretching my wings studying the female dragon.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I secretly follow them trying not to be noticed. I tell feris to stay there.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Jack: The Dremorian takes a step towards you, binding seems to be working until he smiles ever so slightly, and with a uppercut swing from his sword he breaks free and sends pillars of fire shooting from the ground getting closer and closer to you quickly. Everyone except Halcine moved back "I'm leaving you along on this one!" she calls out to you with her hammer and shield drawn. After he finishes his swing, the dremorian clutches his side as blood spurts out from a deep wound.

Danwar: There is hardly much that is remarkable about the inside of the cave, it is damp, dark, and only the rare blood pool or pile of bones let the three of you know you're travelling in the right direction "That is one of her lesser abilities but that is all you need to know." he smiles as you reach a Archway carved into the stone after descending further into the darkness. The only thing in your way is large wooden door with a skull-shaped handle on the front.

Razor: You notice more defined features such as she has four limbs besides her wings, small spikes on the side of her tail, a long slender snout and a smooth scaly hide. The dragon without looking at you or opening her eyes addresses you "It is rude to stare." she lazily says not moving a muscle

Nivlac: Feris with fear in his eyes nod as Chari unbinds him "Don't worry, I won't let him out of my sight. Be careful." she says as you leave. Traveling back to the scene you see the cage has been destroyed and other than some disturbed earth they have disappeared from sight.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I fly up higher and see if I can spot them with my excellent vision.

Showing 286-300 of 333