ForumsForum GamesArcana (Magic RP)

333 74216
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Humanity in its early days struggled against the foundations of powerful civilizations that had been for centuries before them. It was only through the gift of magic that they were able to put their stake in the worId which became the first human city, Ithradine. From here they thrived until four tribes joined the infant kingdom each skilled in one of the four base magics, Pyromancy, Geomancy, Hyrdomancy, and lastly Aeromancy. These four 'families' became the main aristocracy and when the king died without an heir, he left in place a system to allow them all to keep power called the Magistrate. The Magistrate is led by a 'Magister' who is elected among the citizens however only the four families have ever gotten to have magisters. In this kingdom called Arcana, the four families, House Pyrane, House Oceanus, House Windel, and House Terra, keep a strained peace with the newest magister being Jerrick of House Pyrane. He leads Arcana on the path of war against the many monsters that lie beyond the ctiy's walls. Any adventurers are now given a guardian should they chose to leave the kingdom. You are one of many citizens within the kingdom, how will you make your mark upon it and the many races in and around it?

Welcome to the land of Arcane where the future is yours to shape whether in evil or good. In Acana, your character is entirely up to you however there is a few rules that I ask everyone follow:

1. You can't start off as one of the heads of government
2. There is no killing off another's character unless you both agree
2.1 In you get into combat with a story character (one that I create), I will allow some to be killed but only after serious fight
2.2 You cannot force another character to do anything
3. Character pictures are encouraged but keep it appropriate
4. Have Fun!
Okay now for the character sheet:

Name:
Class (Battlemage, Sage, Assassin, Warrior, Dark Dragon, etc. Up to You)
Race: (Human, Elf, Dragon, Dwarf, etc.)
Bio: (Character's History, Personality, and ablilities)
Apperance (What your character's features are, armor, weapons, etc.)

Anyone can join at any time but it will not start until at least 2 join. If you want to make and enjoy a interacitve story, this is for you.

• 333 Replies
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I take the document and ask, "What are you trying to achieve by taking this?"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I move in between her and the fire, taking the hit on my shield, "Daemon you are weak!" I call out using bind again before charging at him attempting to catch his legs with a swing from my hammer.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

I shoot a ball of fire at the door.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Nivlac: You fly up high above the trees looking for any signs of their movement. The only thing you notice out of the ordinary is five man-shaped holes that have been recently filled in around the cage.

Stratos: The man gasping for air manages to speak "Information.." is all he mutters, his hand slowly reaches into his pocket.

Jack: The fire breaks on your shield, preventing any injury "Don't worry about me, focus on him!" she yells before following you to attack the Dremorian who again negates your binding and as you bring your hammer towards his legs, he nimbly parries it away just in time "I am not.." he coughs once, spitting blood on the ground falling on one knee "..a daemon!" he yells with renewed spirit. He swings his sword just missing your face as Halcine brings her hammer down upon him, he holds her hammer back with his armored forearm but the strain on his body from holding her back finally wears him out as Halcine swing one last time breaking his guard and knocking him to the cough, his blood covering him "..before you kill me, answer me this. Who are you and why do you attack me?" he glares towards the two of you

Danwar: The fireball flies into the door and it explodes into splinters "There goes the element of surprise, not that it was needed." he smirks as a stone corridor now is shown with a curved roof, the walls hollowed out in some sections to hold coffins. With the light from Alissa, You see dozens of skeletons and undead in your way "It's playtime Alissa." Trayce ****ily says as her flame grows even brighter, obscuring her features as she smiles innocently and runs into the crowd, her first punch flying right through a zombie's skull.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

"What if the door was cursed?That wouldn't be any fun."I say,charging twoard the fighting,hurling fireballs along the way.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

A attempt to dig up the hole.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"You are a Dremorian. I know all about your race and your history, being alive for most of it helps. I apologize for calling you a daemon, I know how your race hates being associated with them. Halcine take a step back, he is not to be hurt." I say lowering my hammer, resting it beside my feet. "I follow the law, and you will not die by my hand, unless you attempt to break the law in anyway that marks you for execution. Dremorians are to be subdued before any decision is to be made, an old law, made when your kind attempted to wipe everything with a free mind off of the map. One question will decide your fate, do you follow the path of the law?" I ask staring into his eyes.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Danwar; Trayce nods, laughing "Yeah I suppose you have a point. Time to brain these undead" he smiles viciously as he charges along with you, cleaving multiple enemies in his swings. Your fireballs blow several groups of undead apart and those who simply ignited are easily taken down. Alissa has charge ahead, moving very quickly as she fights hand to hand completely oblitirating her oppenents with each punch, the heat from her flames melting the flesh off the bones of the nearest zombies. It seems all is going well until further down the corridor a trio of faceless, knights dressed in black plate armor approach, one carries a halbed, another a axe, and the one in the middle carries a sword and shield. They make their way to Alissa first who doesn't see them among the mass of enemies, the dark knight thrusts its sword through her chest.

Nivlac: It does not take a lot of strength to dig the holes up and what you under cover is a tunnel big enough for one of the kidnappers to escape. It would seem they used their earth magic to travel underground knowing you could fly.

Jack: Halcine barely contains her aggression towards him "If that is truly what you wish." she glares back at him before walking back to the men "I do not understand what you mean by Dremorian but you say that is what I am? My mind is...clouded. I know nothing of these laws but it seems I have not choice." he stabs his sword into the ground and uses it to pull himself up "I at least remember my name, It is Desmond." he states and grunts in pain as he clenches his side "My wounds...are quite grievous."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I put out my armored hand to help him up, "Before we attacked you, you were extremely volatile towards me, why was this?" I look into his eyes and attempt to judge him and his past actions, "I will teach you what I can, in return I ask you travel with me and my companions and to swear an oath to The God of Laws, this can wait until you know more about the Gods."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Jack; He takes your hand so he can get on his feet "Instincts, I am wounded and bleeding with a sword in my hand, My initial thoughts were that I was being hunted for some unknown reason." he somberly states as stares back at you and you attempt to look into his past actions but see nothing. Whatever wiped his memory did a complete job in erasing his past. "As I have no purpose, I will follow you and perhaps I may learn about my past." he says just as Halcine steps over "Are you sure we can trust him?" she asks desperately

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

I attempt to cut through the hordes of undead to reach Assila.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"When you live as long as I have you learn trust is rare and risky, but worthwhile. Plus he has no memory of his past, so he says, and we need as much help as we can get." I say to to Halcine, "Trust me, if he is traitorous towards us I will allow you the final blow." I turn towards the creature, "You say you have no memory of your past yet you corrected me when I called you a Daemon, why was this?" I ask not yet telling my men to stand down.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

"Oh" i say startled a bit." " Sorry miss didn't mean to stare." I say before taking off again and heading for the fort landing far enough away that i can sneak up on the fort.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

"What...?"

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I send a gust of wind to try and expand the tunnels.

Showing 301-315 of 333