ForumsForum GamesArcana (Magic RP)

333 74223
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Humanity in its early days struggled against the foundations of powerful civilizations that had been for centuries before them. It was only through the gift of magic that they were able to put their stake in the worId which became the first human city, Ithradine. From here they thrived until four tribes joined the infant kingdom each skilled in one of the four base magics, Pyromancy, Geomancy, Hyrdomancy, and lastly Aeromancy. These four 'families' became the main aristocracy and when the king died without an heir, he left in place a system to allow them all to keep power called the Magistrate. The Magistrate is led by a 'Magister' who is elected among the citizens however only the four families have ever gotten to have magisters. In this kingdom called Arcana, the four families, House Pyrane, House Oceanus, House Windel, and House Terra, keep a strained peace with the newest magister being Jerrick of House Pyrane. He leads Arcana on the path of war against the many monsters that lie beyond the ctiy's walls. Any adventurers are now given a guardian should they chose to leave the kingdom. You are one of many citizens within the kingdom, how will you make your mark upon it and the many races in and around it?

Welcome to the land of Arcane where the future is yours to shape whether in evil or good. In Acana, your character is entirely up to you however there is a few rules that I ask everyone follow:

1. You can't start off as one of the heads of government
2. There is no killing off another's character unless you both agree
2.1 In you get into combat with a story character (one that I create), I will allow some to be killed but only after serious fight
2.2 You cannot force another character to do anything
3. Character pictures are encouraged but keep it appropriate
4. Have Fun!
Okay now for the character sheet:

Name:
Class (Battlemage, Sage, Assassin, Warrior, Dark Dragon, etc. Up to You)
Race: (Human, Elf, Dragon, Dwarf, etc.)
Bio: (Character's History, Personality, and ablilities)
Apperance (What your character's features are, armor, weapons, etc.)

Anyone can join at any time but it will not start until at least 2 join. If you want to make and enjoy a interacitve story, this is for you.

• 333 Replies
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

She says nothing, only now bearing a look of confusion in her eyes. To her, you are still the Merchant. It is also likely she does not have the strength to form words at this point. Whatever the situation might be, it is clear that she has been tortured at some point as breaks and bruises in the skin make clear.

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

Name: Feliox
Class: Rouge Mage thief
Race: Zombie
Bio: Feliox was an orphan, then he was adopted by a evil thief mage. He joined the Exo a group of rouge thieves. He was good. The mage taught him magic.
Appearance: Green, and has darksteel armor.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

It there is one benefit your un-death has brought, it is you are no longer limited by the limitations of normal humans which has made you a asset in Exo. It has lead up to this point, for you are about to receive your first major assignment. The only thing left is to open the door and receive the details.

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

I open the door, and go in.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The room is decorated with priceless artifacts, probably worth more than you are and sitting at his desk is Valentin, the leader of Exo. He invites you to sit as he writes something down on expensive looking paper "Feliox, I have no doubt you know why you are here. We have recently been handed a substantial contract and I believe this is your time to prove once an for all. A very important client has asked us to acquire a very rare and important artifact from none other than the House of Pyrane." he speaks in a very serious tone, he is a practical man always dressing in what works best and not what looks better. It is known throughout Exo that he is in fact a Vampire which would explain his incredible ability to remain undetected. "Everything you need to know is in this envelope. Deliver it to a man by the name of Ivan Blackspire at the Wilted Rose Inn in Ithradine. He will equip for the mission." he orders

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

Name: Delroth
Class: Assassin
Race: Ghost
Bio: An Evil ghost who attacks the life force of beings directly and can temporarily go into and steal the body's of those he kills.
Appearance: A ghost wearing what appears to be assassin armor, can change appearance at will.
Temporarily: Merchant (Robed merchant, Iron Short-sword)

I attempt to cut her chains(or cuffs, whatever they are) off with my iron short-sword.

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

"Yes sir", I say! I started running to Ithraden.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I ask the guard if there are ant magic shops. If the people who attacked the sanctuary come back I want to be prepared.

@silver199 this is an RP not an RPG so you don't have to copy your sign up sheet.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(Sorry guys, Had a Busy day) Silver199: The girl tries weakly to back up but the small size of the cage makes it impossible. The cuffs are surprisingly fragile, your sword with some effort snaps them in two. She stares at you for a moment, half shock half confusion, and gently massages her wrists. Her gaze returns to you with a expectant look as to what you are going to do next. The snap was loud enough that you can hear one of the guards lazily start to wake, it will only be a matter of time before his mind become clearer.

Lowco1: You make your way to Ithradine, the capital of the Human Empire, however on you way there you spot the aftermath between a battatlion of magi and a renegade centaur group, there are causalities on both sides but it is clear the Magi won when you spot a odd sight, a warrior dressed in heavy black plate armor with a sword just as tall as he is walking around the corpses. He is followed by a brute of a woman, who appears to be a undead. it is then you notice a magic aura connecting to the warriors hand and the dead.

Nivlac: Chari responds with a small smirk "Of course." she proceeds to lead to a shop on the main street of the town. The sign says "Arcanium Vexis." and appears to be a well maintained building. The guards hops off your back, holding his side "The name is Arthur by the way." he says in a slightly cheerful way. Chari turns around and holds out gold coins "The store owner is a bit..peculiar but this should cover anything you find. It has 'almost' everything a mage could need." she says with a barely a laugh as she enters the store, halberd in hand

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I look at what fire and air magic they have

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

"Shhhssss, i will be back." i say as i hold my finger in front of my mouth, i close the compartment, i walk over to the guard and sap his and the others life force.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Nivlac: There is a shelf with a large tome for each of the four magics, while you can see scolls on the opposite shelf. You see a yellow crystal gem with a inferno raging inside of it and a necklace with a stone arrowhead with a tornado engraved on it (spells are completely up to your imagination, but you must have some indication of training to perform them)

Silver199: She nods once as you close the compartment. The rising guard charges you as you sap his life away but collaspes before he reaches you with his sword. The others die in their sleep, most likely in some pain. The fate of the girl is not yours, she has stayed in the compartment and had no doubt heard the commotion.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I walk over to the compartment and open it once more, "It is safe to come out now." i say quietly for some reason, i reach in a hand to help her out if she needs it.

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

I ask them where the Wilted rose inn is.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Unknown.
Class: Wandering Enforcer (A paladin that carries out the law when and where he sees fit, is above reproach in his decisions from but his father.)
Race: Demi-God.

Bio: Born to the god of justice, he followed his fathers wishes and spread the law to those that have lost their way. One day his pride overcame his judgement and he went against the law, angering his father he had his powers stripped and returned to finish his fathers work with the possibility of returning to his previous power. He wanders bringing the law with him.

Abilities:
Rallying shout: All persons fit to fight with a positive/neutral attitude toward the user in the nearby area will join with the user in an fight.
Judgment: Used to pass down judgment on any being. They will be marked by a small icon when judged.
Execution: Used in tandem with Judgment to execute those who break the laws instantly, cannot be used in battle.
Binding: Used to bind suspects so they cannot move.
Book of laws: All laws are written here, new laws are added automatically when passed.

Appearance: Standing at 7 foot six inches and weighing in at 18 stone he is a man mountain. His broad shoulders carry his full plate ivory white armor that has golden trim. He carries a hammer that can extend to different lengths with a thought, strapped to his left arm is a tower shield. Tanned skin with white hair, his face is one of knowing and discipline. His eyes gently glow gold.

(This sounds pretty darn interesting.)

Showing 31-45 of 333