ForumsForum GamesArcana (Magic RP)

333 74219
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Humanity in its early days struggled against the foundations of powerful civilizations that had been for centuries before them. It was only through the gift of magic that they were able to put their stake in the worId which became the first human city, Ithradine. From here they thrived until four tribes joined the infant kingdom each skilled in one of the four base magics, Pyromancy, Geomancy, Hyrdomancy, and lastly Aeromancy. These four 'families' became the main aristocracy and when the king died without an heir, he left in place a system to allow them all to keep power called the Magistrate. The Magistrate is led by a 'Magister' who is elected among the citizens however only the four families have ever gotten to have magisters. In this kingdom called Arcana, the four families, House Pyrane, House Oceanus, House Windel, and House Terra, keep a strained peace with the newest magister being Jerrick of House Pyrane. He leads Arcana on the path of war against the many monsters that lie beyond the ctiy's walls. Any adventurers are now given a guardian should they chose to leave the kingdom. You are one of many citizens within the kingdom, how will you make your mark upon it and the many races in and around it?

Welcome to the land of Arcane where the future is yours to shape whether in evil or good. In Acana, your character is entirely up to you however there is a few rules that I ask everyone follow:

1. You can't start off as one of the heads of government
2. There is no killing off another's character unless you both agree
2.1 In you get into combat with a story character (one that I create), I will allow some to be killed but only after serious fight
2.2 You cannot force another character to do anything
3. Character pictures are encouraged but keep it appropriate
4. Have Fun!
Okay now for the character sheet:

Name:
Class (Battlemage, Sage, Assassin, Warrior, Dark Dragon, etc. Up to You)
Race: (Human, Elf, Dragon, Dwarf, etc.)
Bio: (Character's History, Personality, and ablilities)
Apperance (What your character's features are, armor, weapons, etc.)

Anyone can join at any time but it will not start until at least 2 join. If you want to make and enjoy a interacitve story, this is for you.

• 333 Replies
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Her legs are pulled to her chest, she flinche a little the door opens but as you hold out your hand, she takes it. Her grip is strong for one of her position as shs crawls out of the container. She shakily stands on her two feet, you can now see faint lines of silver on her skin like veins. Her toes grip the grass and she slowly inhales before she smiles for just a moment and looks up at you "Why?" She says barely audible

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

"I am not the evil merchant you knew, I am a ghost who has stolen his body, I hate cruelty in almost every way. I promise i will get you to safety." i say kindly leading her to the fire, when we get there i look around for food and more adequate clothing for her.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(Welcome JACK, once I get to my computer I'll give you your starting situation)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(No problem.)

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Lowco: The man casually turns his head towards you "Vana Square, Itrhadine City. Four blocks from the blacksmith. Just follow this road." he says and returns to whatever it is he was doing "It is a shame, we arrived too late to harvest their souls...what a waste." you can hear him saying "Come, perhaps we shall find some more on the way..." he sighs and moves on, his hulking undead matron following suit but not before giving a friendly wave goodbye in your direction.

JACK: It was turning out to be a beautiful day, there was not a cloud in the sky and the breeze was refreshing but it now it brought black smoke trailing down the road, something was burning and in fact you could hear faint screams. These were inner land within the kingdom, usually well protected. You knew of a town in that direction of the name Hardin's Cross, a important trade center away from the major cities built upon the original village of House Pyrane.

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

I follow his directions and go to Wilted Rose Inn. Then I ask Where is Ivan Blacksphere!

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I look at the arrow head and see what it does

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"By my hand they shall see justice." I say as I start running to the town, putting my hammer into it's sheath on my back, knowing that even at this speed I'll be fine by the time I get there.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Silver199: You can visibly see her relax as you tell her who you are, she smiles even wider at your promise of safety. She eases herself down by the fire, holding her knees to her chest again, holding her hands directly in the flames. The fire moves around her skin, but it does not burn her instead she appears to absorb the primal element into her skin. She slowly takes her hands out, but keeps them near to channel instead its warmth. Its turning out to be cold night. You manage to find the provisions the caravan had for the travel for all six of them but now its just for one. You also manage to find the merchant's provisions, including wine, fruit, bread, and a outfit made for woman of elegant design possibly for a love interest of the now deceased merchant or a gift.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

us?

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I pour wine for her and water for me, then i set out bread and fruit for her (I am a ghost, i more or less feed on life force rather than eat real food). "By the way, my name is Delroth and if you do not mind i am going to switch to one of the guards bodies as my current one is fairly fat." i wait for her permission before i switch bodies.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Lowco: You enter Ithradine, it is a huge city full of ancient buildings and moving crowds. The stranger's instructions lead you right to the Wilted Rose where upon your entrance, the guests stare at you. You see a man in black cloak wearing black leather armor in a sleek design who waves you to come over.

Nivlac: The shopkeeper with a excited spring in his step rushes over to you, a grin spread across his lips "I see you have take interest in this little trinket. It was once held by a chief of Windel, before they joined the kingdom. It allows the user to withstand any windspeed and create winds so fast, they can cut steel but the wind must be in the form of a slash or arrow." Chari is handling a potion from the 'Do not touch' section and the guard who came with you is holding a books of runes

JACK: You arrive in no time, nothing stopped you on your way. As the trees clear, the situation appears all the more dire. The town is on fire, mages dressed in jagged iron armor and masks like the devil chase down citizens, capturing and dragging off those who surrender and those who fight back are mercilessly cut down however what appears to be the remnants of the garrison are holding a hastily made barricade on the bridge leading into the town. There are only five guards left and all seem frightened, on the verge of losing all hope.

Silver199: She smiles as you bring over the food and wine, parting her messy hair to the side "Thank you.." she says and she nods once to indicate it was fine and even laughs a little. She slowly bites into an apple, watching you carefully and with a bit of curiousity

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I ask about the other one

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I turn to ghost quickly before i switch and observe her aura for a moment and finish switching bodies with one of the dead guards, i walk over and take a sip of water as i sit down.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Nivlac: "I thought it might. That ring is a mystery but it is said that a ancient and powerful fire element was trapped within. It is believed that the ring can cause a Mage's fire to burn hotter than the surface of the sun but none who have held the ring lived long enough to unlock its secrets. With some training, it gives the user control over whole firestorms and the ability to absorb around half over a fire-based attack." he says pridefully

Showing 46-60 of 333