ForumsForum GamesArcana (Magic RP)

333 74335
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Humanity in its early days struggled against the foundations of powerful civilizations that had been for centuries before them. It was only through the gift of magic that they were able to put their stake in the worId which became the first human city, Ithradine. From here they thrived until four tribes joined the infant kingdom each skilled in one of the four base magics, Pyromancy, Geomancy, Hyrdomancy, and lastly Aeromancy. These four 'families' became the main aristocracy and when the king died without an heir, he left in place a system to allow them all to keep power called the Magistrate. The Magistrate is led by a 'Magister' who is elected among the citizens however only the four families have ever gotten to have magisters. In this kingdom called Arcana, the four families, House Pyrane, House Oceanus, House Windel, and House Terra, keep a strained peace with the newest magister being Jerrick of House Pyrane. He leads Arcana on the path of war against the many monsters that lie beyond the ctiy's walls. Any adventurers are now given a guardian should they chose to leave the kingdom. You are one of many citizens within the kingdom, how will you make your mark upon it and the many races in and around it?

Welcome to the land of Arcane where the future is yours to shape whether in evil or good. In Acana, your character is entirely up to you however there is a few rules that I ask everyone follow:

1. You can't start off as one of the heads of government
2. There is no killing off another's character unless you both agree
2.1 In you get into combat with a story character (one that I create), I will allow some to be killed but only after serious fight
2.2 You cannot force another character to do anything
3. Character pictures are encouraged but keep it appropriate
4. Have Fun!
Okay now for the character sheet:

Name:
Class (Battlemage, Sage, Assassin, Warrior, Dark Dragon, etc. Up to You)
Race: (Human, Elf, Dragon, Dwarf, etc.)
Bio: (Character's History, Personality, and ablilities)
Apperance (What your character's features are, armor, weapons, etc.)

Anyone can join at any time but it will not start until at least 2 join. If you want to make and enjoy a interacitve story, this is for you.

• 333 Replies
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Silver: Cisna remains asleep as you lay her down, her head resting on one of her arms. The body you possessed falls to the ground as you look around. Faints aura fance around the camp but are either far away or just the forest animals. However something crosses your vision for a moment, it was more a blur but it had a much stronger aura than anything around it.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK: The demon lets out onr last blood-curdling roar before her hammer with all its force cuts him off, his head severed completely as it rolls onto the cobbled road. Blood splurts from his neck for a few seconds before the beast falls to the ground in a loud thump. The guards cheer "Victory!" And even the guard who was smashed by the monster's club limps out of the building's rubble but he is severly bleeding and his armor is caved in the chest.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Guardsman!" I shout rushing toward the injured one, "Find a medica! A medic!"

(I just thought of two more abilities, Blessing and Minor Healing. Blessing: The mark of the scales is emblazoned on the target of this spell, this marking shows that they have proven themselves to be assets to the enforcers, each enforcer give a different style of mark [Different shaping of the scales.]. Minor Healing speaks for itself. What do you think? I thought of these because I had stuff to deal with the lawbreakers but nothing to help those that follow the law.)

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I go back into the body and feed the horses, afterward i turn back to ghost form.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I fly down and see if fries is in the cage if he is a attack as many of the armored people as a can with a must of flame from my beak.

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

I follow him, and asks Are you Ivan Blacksphere. I have an envolope for you, and grabbed it.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK:" He collaspes on his knees just as you get to him, he is sitting on the back of his legs and his tight grip on his sword releases "The...medic..was killed in..the initial attack." He weakly says, the rest of the guards gather around when you notice he has a golden trim to his armor. He must have been the last remaining officer of the lowest rank. (That would work fine, it would be true to your paladin nature. In fact the guards you have just fought with are ready to pledge their loyalty to you.)

Silver: The rest of the night passes without incident, the fire burned itself out and the sun rises over the canopy of trees. casting rays of warmth into the camp. Cisna is still asleep although during the night she tossed and turned, a clear indication of nightmares however at this moment she is still.

Nivlac: You see Feris inside of the cage, bound and locked. As you attack, the armored men see you coming. A wall of earth rises blocking the worst of the flames, one mage springs from the cover and hurls boulders towards you. Its a five to one fight.

Lowco: Ivan takes the envelope "You should not draw so much attention to yourself." he says scornfully "So I take it your going to steal the Primal Flame?" he says quietly.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"What's your name lawman?" I ask as I start using my healing on his wounds, I turn to the others, "Find me anyone with medical knowledge, setting bones, splints, herbs anyone, I will not let him die." I say with defiance in my voice.

(Awesome. Seriously? Hmmmmm... An army of enforcers...)

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK: He coughs out a little blood to match what has already been spilt "My name..is Orion." he manages to say. Your healing manages to seal the open wounds, effectively stopping the bleeding. The other guards quickly head over to what remains of the civilian population and begin to search. Ultimately they find the apprentice of the town's healer. She rushes over to the guard, not deterred by the gory mess showing strength despite her young age. She begins to examine getting the occasional grunt of pain from Orion "Most of his ribs are broken, including the right arm, minor fractures in the legs...His chestplate needs to come off but we should move him somewhere indoors."
(The town is essentially destroyed and the residents will move to the next town. Their cause is now to follow you, and even learn from you. In terms, each guard will have their own abilities and proficiency in magic and through interaction, they can be made more powerful.)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Men find somewhere with a roof that can be warmed, anything will do." I say as I continue using my healing magic, "Will he live, young one?" I say to the apprentice.
(Holy darn that's more awesome then I expected.)

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The guards spread out to search the town for a surviving building, luckily the fire has died down, sparing few homes "He will make a full recovery. I should be able to mend his bones." she says finally takes her hands off of him "I've seen worse." she looks up at you "Thank you. I speak for everyone when I say you are our hero." she says with a smile. The guards arrive shortly after "We found the Blacksmith's to be intact." One guard reports

(Thanks, each character gets a special companion. Silver's is the mysterious girl with the powerful magic, Nivlac's is Arthur and Lowco has yet to receive his. You can also get follower's along the way. Everything just comes right off the top of my head with a climax in mind which will be happening as soon as the right events happen)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"This is my purpose in this world. But I thank you for your kind words." I lift the guard in my arms and set off toward the smiths, "You will be okay Orion. Men I want you to find any identification on these Lawbreakers." I basically spit the last word.

(So these guys will just follow me around?)

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I move back into the body of the guard and look through the possessions of the guards and merchant.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK: The apprentice is a little shocked that you are able to lift him but follows you. Orion bears the pain by clenching his fists "I sure..hope so. We must find..the root..of this injustice." he says. The guards hold their first to the center of their chests "At once sir." they all say and proceed to check the bodies of the fallen. You reach the blacksmith's and like the guards said, it is in a stable condition. The bottom level holds the forge and all the tools while the upstairs holds his living quarters.
(Basically yes, they will follow your orders)

Silver: You only manage to find a few gold coins among the guards not counting their armor and swords. The merchant however upon further investigation holds a opened letter in one of his pockets as well as a silver-gold ring with a emblem of a mountain as well as more gold coins. You hear Cisna yawn sleepily in the background and the sound of shifting fabric, she is finally awake.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"I will fuel the forge for heat, if you need specific supplies ask the guardsmen or me." I start pumping the bellows and chucking in charcoal into it to speed up the burning. I turn to Orion, "Yes we must my law brother, and we will."

Showing 91-105 of 333