ForumsForum GamesArcana (Magic RP)

333 74334
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Humanity in its early days struggled against the foundations of powerful civilizations that had been for centuries before them. It was only through the gift of magic that they were able to put their stake in the worId which became the first human city, Ithradine. From here they thrived until four tribes joined the infant kingdom each skilled in one of the four base magics, Pyromancy, Geomancy, Hyrdomancy, and lastly Aeromancy. These four 'families' became the main aristocracy and when the king died without an heir, he left in place a system to allow them all to keep power called the Magistrate. The Magistrate is led by a 'Magister' who is elected among the citizens however only the four families have ever gotten to have magisters. In this kingdom called Arcana, the four families, House Pyrane, House Oceanus, House Windel, and House Terra, keep a strained peace with the newest magister being Jerrick of House Pyrane. He leads Arcana on the path of war against the many monsters that lie beyond the ctiy's walls. Any adventurers are now given a guardian should they chose to leave the kingdom. You are one of many citizens within the kingdom, how will you make your mark upon it and the many races in and around it?

Welcome to the land of Arcane where the future is yours to shape whether in evil or good. In Acana, your character is entirely up to you however there is a few rules that I ask everyone follow:

1. You can't start off as one of the heads of government
2. There is no killing off another's character unless you both agree
2.1 In you get into combat with a story character (one that I create), I will allow some to be killed but only after serious fight
2.2 You cannot force another character to do anything
3. Character pictures are encouraged but keep it appropriate
4. Have Fun!
Okay now for the character sheet:

Name:
Class (Battlemage, Sage, Assassin, Warrior, Dark Dragon, etc. Up to You)
Race: (Human, Elf, Dragon, Dwarf, etc.)
Bio: (Character's History, Personality, and ablilities)
Apperance (What your character's features are, armor, weapons, etc.)

Anyone can join at any time but it will not start until at least 2 join. If you want to make and enjoy a interacitve story, this is for you.

• 333 Replies
silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

"Well i don't really live anywhere... but i think i can work something out with the money from the merchant..." i say thinking about what i can do.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

(thats fine) I give the shop keeper a feather and than put the necklace and ring on

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Look men! They have more men but we have the blessing of the Justice God! Nothing can sway his hand! We are the tools he uses to shape the world! Will you fail him? No! You shall make him proud!!" I shout as I sprint toward the nearest attacker and swing my hammer into their abdomen.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Silver199: Cisna shrugs and looks up at you "I don't mind, I think I would rather just travel. No worries and nothing to hold you down." she says thoughtfully, she yawns once stretching her arms above her head before placing laying her head on your shoulder "You're surprisingly friendly for a ghost." She sleepily says with a small laugh

Nivlac: He takes the feather in exchange for the box "Pleasure doing business with you." The shopkeeper takes your feather back and places it in glass case. Once you put the ring and necklace one, you can feel a surge of magic aura flow through your body. It will take some time to fully master each but it should allow you to face your attackers. The guard comes over to investigate as well as Chari "Never thought I'd see a bird wear jewelry" Chari jokingly mentions which does not go over well with the guard, of which his name still remains hidden "Nivlac is a phoenix, a embodiment of pyromancy and aeromancy and thus deserves respect!" his anger is clearly apparent

JACK:The guards inspired by your words let out a vicious battle cry "For Justice! Hoorah!!!" as they break into their ranks. Your hammer slams hard into the grunt's stomach, almost severing his torso completely while sending him flying a good 20 ft into more of them. Their morale quickly drops at the sight and the demon charges through them crushing the beast's own soldiers as it charges you. A couple of the guards attempt to stop it but the beasts simply smashes its club against the one guard sending him flying into a nearby shop. He is now only a few yards away from you but luckily the guards seeing the retreat of the attackers return to assist their hero.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(Back on my computer, yay!)

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I thank the guards and fly around and see if there is anywhere I can take shelter for he night.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I chuckle and think "Shes right... is it because i pity her? because she is a girl? i don't really know..."
"Traveling can be hard, especially on your own, and it can be dangerous too." i say.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Stand back! He is pure injustice! Attack him from behind!" I shout as I sprint and leap at the beast bringing my hammer down on his forehead.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Nivlac: You can spot several areas with your excellent vision. There is a nearby cave, a large tree, an inn, a stable, as well as a hotspring. You notice that Feris has gone missing, disappeared from sight and is nowhere to be seen.

Silver: Chari lazily smiles back "Then we should travel together." she says with a bit of happiness and hope, looking up at you from her rested head. She yawns one more time and closes her eyes, it must be the first time she had gotten to relax in awhile, the cramped container would have provided little comfort.

JACK: You charge towards the beast as his club smashes the ground just as you jump and bring down your hammer, landing a blow right in the center of his skull. The bone cracks and he is stunned for the moment. this beast clearly cannot keep up with your speed. The guards in this time manages hack into his back, one even manages to jump onto the demon's back and pierce his hide, driving a longsword directly into its spine. The beast rampages, wildly swinging its club nearly hitting one of the remaining guards who get some distance.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Stay back men! I will not have your blood on my hands!" I drive the hammer into the beasts knee hoping to drive him to the ground, I dodge around to the side that doesn't have his hammer.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I smile, then i start thinking "But could it even be possible? I'm a ghost, surely i would be caught eventually, and i can hardly feel pain in this human body..." i look at her "and besides that, i'd have to change bodies every few days so i wasn't rotting... but she is beautiful and the first person to acknowledge my existence without screaming or trying to kill me."

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I look more for feris

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK: The men do as you say and back away just as the one hang onto the beast's back by the hilt of his sword is thrown off but luckily he gets back up. The knees already weakened by the guards attacks finally give as your hammer smashes the one forcing the demon to fall on both knees and tries one last desperate attempt to swing at you while you move to a safer angle and grazes your shoulder guard, leaving a small scratch.

Silver: Cisna appears to have fallen asleep on your shoulder while you thought about your situation. It is unclear exactly what she is, her race is something never seen in the land before. It is very likely that whoever paid for her, would very much like to retrieve her after news of the caravan hits. Despite knowing what you are and what you can do to people, she appears calm. A look of peace on her elegant features.

Nivlac: You spot something perculiar down a road a little ways from the town. A unusually large group of armored men with what looks like a large cage. They are also wearing the same outfit that the sanctuary's defilers wore

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I smile and carefully lay her down on one of the mats that was owned by the soldiers, i then put a blanket over her, i shift to ghost form and look through the forest for any aura in case anyone is in the area.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I stand above the beast like an executioner, "You have been judged." I say as I bring the hammer down in an over head swing to hit the back of his neck.

Showing 76-90 of 333